Jump to content
PanchoX1

C-Roc update?

Recommended Posts

Perhaps it was supposed to jump into the shipping now category but someone made a mistake? I was hoping on Monday it would move up a category since the TIE Assessor article seemed like a good indication that the C-Roc was about ready to go. Didn't notice the date change though when I saw it still on the boat. I hope someone at FFG is just being a fool and 5/23 isn't the date for it actually starting on the boat and the earlier date was just to keep people thinking it was going to come out on time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's hoping that its just a case of someone forgetting to change Status Category its supposed to go under... Then again I've heard nothing from my store/any of its distributors about it shipping soon...

If I had to guess, FFG was so overwhelmed by the pre-orders for the C-Roc that they're delaying shipping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, mrgandw said:

Perhaps it was supposed to jump into the shipping now category but someone made a mistake? I was hoping on Monday it would move up a category since the TIE Assessor article seemed like a good indication that the C-Roc was about ready to go. Didn't notice the date change though when I saw it still on the boat. I hope someone at FFG is just being a fool and 5/23 isn't the date for it actually starting on the boat and the earlier date was just to keep people thinking it was going to come out on time.

Now, I'm envisioning waves of Accountants flying around in specially modified TI calculators running the property tax division of the Imperial Navy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Incard said:

Maybe they were all sent back so Jabba's text error could be corrected and new ones printed. Probably not.

That crossed my mind but it would cost less to just admit you screwed up and FAQ it. Or even just print of cards, put em in sticky sealed sleeves and slap em to the side of the sealed packaging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gamblertuba said:

Now, I'm envisioning waves of Accountants flying around in specially modified TI calculators running the property tax division of the Imperial Navy.

Definitely read this as 'TIE calculators.'

Edit: Wait, maybe that's what you meant ...

Edited by TheHumanHydra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it changed boats. It caught the boat from China to the Pitcairn Islands. After lounging around there for a bit, they're off to Easter Island, where they'll go through Chilean customs, and then be routed to the Galapagos. There, the C-ROC will be mistaken for a new stage of evolution and then whisked off to the Natural History Museum in London. Theresa May is going cut funding to museums in general to make up for the payments made to British farmers in anticipation of Brexit. Our little C-Rocs are then going to be able to escape and swim across the Atlantic to the United States. There they will be refused asylum, though invited to partake in the Green Card lottery. However, some will attend fundraisers with the Kushner family and convince their hosts that they are, in fact, job creators from China, and will be able to get in on an H1b visa.

Eventually, you will be able to get a C-Roc, but you will have to vouch for your inability to hire an able American C-Roc. That should present no problem, however, because Americans don't want to serve as spaceships who's only destiny is to be crushed by the Empire.

Edited by Mikael Hasselstein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mikael Hasselstein said:

Maybe it changed boats. It caught the boat from China to the Pitcairn Islands. After lounging around there for a bit, they're off to Easter Island, where they'll go through Chilean customs, and then be routed to the Galapagos. There, the C-ROC will be mistaken for a new stage of evolution and then whisked off to the Natural History Museum in London. Theresa May is going cut funding to museums in general to make up for the payments made to British farmers in anticipation of Brexit. Our little C-Rocs are then going to be able to escape and swim across the Atlantic to the United States. There they will be refused asylum, though invited to partake in the Green Card lottery. However, some will attend fundraisers with the Kushner family and convince their hosts that they are, in fact, job creators from China, and will be able to get in on an H1b visa.

Eventually, you will be able to get a C-Roc, but you will have to vouch for your inability to hire an able American C-Roc. That should present no problem, however, because Americans don't want to serve as spaceships who's only destiny is to be crushed by the Empire.

Fricking Easter Island is always causing problems, and yet they have such large heads about everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, PanchoX1 said:

Sorry, I'm clueless. What's wrong with Jabba's card?

 

2 hours ago, sf1raptor said:

Same here. What's wrong with it?

It's a minor thing, but here goes:  A strict reading of the text in combination with FFG's explanation of the words "you" and "your" as referring to the ship which has the upgrade equipped mean that you can put the tokens on all the Illicit upgrades in the squad as intended, but ships other than the one with Jabba are unable to get the benefit of discarding the token instead of the Illicit upgrade card. 

 

I think it's clear what the Jabba card is meant to do, but according to how FFG has told us to interpret card text, it doesn't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My local shop is expecting to come in next week ( they were told to expect it in their Monday shipment.). I paid for it this week and I plan to put a picture of it up when I get it. Unless someone beats me to it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my FLGS was originally told to expect it on the 4th, but that got updated to an 8th June release date by the supplier - I'll see if i can manage to post any pictures when i get my hands on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...