cynanbloodbane

IF SWM20 is the SSD...

1 minute ago, Forresto said:

I think you severely underestimate their chances. An SSD being released does not indicate any sense of death rattle for Armada. Sure it would make a ton of sense for them to do what you suggest however business wise you don't wait, you release when you are making the most money. There's no guarantee an SSD would sell that much considering its cost would be pretty high. 

Considering the lack of high quality SSD models on the market, even if Armada died I'd still buy one, given it was massive like it's supposed to be. lol 

1 hour ago, Tayloraj100 said:

Just make it a pair of play mats, just like Cloud City or Starkiller base.

This seems the most reasonable possibility. Zoom it out pretty far and you can sell either half for X-wing and get  both halves for Armada and Epic X-wing. 

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

I think you severely underestimate their chances. An SSD being released does not indicate any sense of death rattle for Armada. Sure it would make a ton of sense for them to do what you suggest however business wise you don't wait, you release when you are making the most money. There's no guarantee an SSD would sell that much considering its cost would be pretty high. 

Its sort've niche, something you release at the height of popularity. If the game is dying it would mean less people are playing so as a consumer why would you shell out a lot of money for something you might only ever get to look at?

Obi-Wan once thought as you do. You do not know the power of the dark side. We won't even realize the game is at an end when they release the SSD, but it will be so. 

19 minutes ago, RocketPropelledGiraffe said:

Obi-Wan once thought as you do. You do not know the power of the dark side. We won't even realize the game is at an end when they release the SSD, but it will be so. 

Wait, how long of an end are we talking about?  As FFG works 2-3 waves ahead, how many waves will release after the end begins?

Is it just going to be the beginning of the end? The middle of the end? Or the end of the end?

Are we talking an "Admiral Nelson, Armada is dead" end, or a for realzies, this is the end?

Is it not then possible that the release of the SSD could revive Armada, making it the end of the middle?

Edited by cynanbloodbane

8 minutes ago, cynanbloodbane said:

Wait, how long of an end are we talking about?  As FFG works 2-3 waves ahead, how many waves will release after the end begins?

Is it just going to be the beginning of the end? The middle of the end? Or the end of the end?

Are we talking an "Admiral Nelson, Armada is dead" end, or a for realzies, this is the end?

Is it not then possible that the release of the SSD could revive Armada, making it the end of the middle?

If they do it at the beginning of the end, it may end up just being the end of the beginning!

2 minutes ago, BrobaFett said:

If they do it at the beginning of the end, it may end up just being the end of the beginning!

Beat me to it. o7

I like the idea of the SSD being released a the end of Armada's profitability. I should come with a card that represents an FFG exec walking away from an explosion.

SSD and Viscount class star defender in wave 7.  Along with a point increase to 500, and another campaign box, called Heir of the empire campaign and gives the empire Trawn that what must happen. Give me Thrawn or the SSD and I'll be happy give me both and I'll have an nerdgasm that will last the rest of my life.

2 minutes ago, xero989 said:

SSD and Viscount class star defender in wave 7.  Along with a point increase to 500, and another campaign box, called Heir of the empire campaign and gives the empire Trawn that what must happen. Give me Thrawn or the SSD and I'll be happy give me both and I'll have an nerdgasm that will last the rest of my life.

Um, that's a heart attack, not a nerdgasm.

Just now, RedPriest said:

Beat me to it. o7

I like the idea of the SSD being released a the end of Armada's profitability. I should come with a card that represents an FFG exec walking away from an explosion.

Cashing Out

At the end of the status phase, if the game you are playing is not Runewars you may deploy one of your set aside fanservice bombshells, win all the money and f*ck a mermaid on your yacht.

3pts                                Fleet Command

29 minutes ago, cynanbloodbane said:

It begins when FFG stops caring about game balance. Considering some forum posts, judge for yourself...:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, RocketPropelledGiraffe said:

It begins when FFG stops caring about game balance. Considering some forum posts, judge for yourself...:rolleyes:

To be fair, a whole lot of it is people speaking on FFG's behalf, rather than, y'know, FFG doing so themselves.

Of course, of course.

My point is - Caring is Schroedinger's Emotion, when comes to FFG.

They aren't going to give us any indication one way or another - they're just going to do what FFG does - and that's produce stuff for games.

:D

Just now, Drasnighta said:

They aren't going to give us any indication one way or another - they're just going to do what FFG does - and that's produce stuff for games.

You mean giving us Stockholm Syndrome by giving us amazing content and then forcing us to wait for any news on it.

Up through Wave 2, Armada scale follows a logarithmic curve fairly closely. An SSD the size of a play mat would actually be way too big. An SSD that follow the already established scale (again, through Wave 2) would be slightly larger than the XWM CR-90.

Not my opinion, talking about mathematics and crunching the numbers. Three day weekend coming up, maybe I'll finally measure all the wave 3+ ships and see how the scale graph shapes up...

I've been "Clean" (not playing or purchasing) Armada for a couple of months now.

Big test is going to be this weekend.  Running a Q1 Kit Tourney.  But I'll be playing if there's an Unneven Number.  I don't want to have a bye in a 2 game Fleet patrol.

4 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

I've been "Clean" (not playing or purchasing) Armada for a couple of months now.

Big test is going to be this weekend.  Running a Q1 Kit Tourney.  But I'll be playing if there's an Unneven Number.  I don't want to have a bye in a 2 game Fleet patrol.

I hope you get to play. Apart from everything else, let's not forget just how much fun this game is. Pew!Pew!

Just now, RocketPropelledGiraffe said:

I hope you get to play. Apart from everything else, let's not forget just how much fun this game is. Pew!Pew!

Last two Tournaments, we hit even Numbers, so I didn't have to.

Being Statistically Abysmal has had me on a down patch for quite some time...  Very much a "I'm maneuvering well, and I'm not making mistakes there - but 6 blanks rerolled into 5 blanks and an ACC...  ITS NOT MY FAULT?!"