Sign in to follow this  
Zazaa

Discussion about "Intensity"

On 2017-5-23 at 8:24 AM, Zazaa said:

Protectorate Starfighter: · Fenn Rau (28)
Intensity (2)
Autothrusters (2)
Concord Dawn Protector (1)

Kihraxz Fighter: · Talonbane Cobra (28)
Intensity (2)
Vectored Thrusters (2)

StarViper: · Guri (30)
Intensity (2)
Virago (1)
Fire Control System (2)

-- TOTAL ------- 100p. --

All of them gain evade and do have barrel roll or boost.

Revisit this list with the Vaksai and SV MkII titles...! 

8 minutes ago, GreenLantern1138 said:

Is this right?

19046559_10154795947073237_21275690_n.jpg

Yup.

He can also get focus/evade without stress.  But, and this is a big but, he either loses out on the ability to get focus/TL, which is a huge debuff to his damage, or loses out on the ability to get PS9 which is a huge debuff to his everything.

Intensity is VERY strong with him, but it's a catch-22 situation as to which of his current stapled-on EPTs he loses in order to take it.

Two ideas that I might have missed:

Intensity + Commrelay?  (5pt)
Commrelay allows you to always have the token if necessary, and you'll always have the two actions when you want them. Both upgrades allow you to move actions to another turn, so you'll actually have 3 actions in a turn if you want.

Intensity + BB-8? (4pt or 5pt)
Maybe with primed thrusters to ensure the barrel roll even if stressed.
A green maneuver gives 3 actions without stress, so you can roll/focus/evade. That's quite good for a 3/2/3/3 ship.

The two could be combined of course, giving the equivalent of 4 actions in a turn:

1. Evade stored on comm relay
2. Barrel roll from BB8
3. Free focus/evade from intensity
4. your actual action, maybe a TL or boost

Edit: just listened to Shuttle Tydirium Episode 54 - they discuss these examples and more

Edited by GreenDragoon

3 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Two ideas that I might have missed:

Intensity + Commrelay?  (5pt)
Commrelay allows you to always have the token if necessary, and you'll always have the two actions when you want them. Both upgrades allow you to move actions to another turn, so you'll actually have 3 actions in a turn if you want.

Intensity + BB-8? (4pt or 5pt)
Maybe with primed thrusters to ensure the barrel roll even if stressed.
A green maneuver gives 3 actions without stress, so you can roll/focus/evade. That's quite good for a 3/2/3/3 ship.

The two could be combined of course, giving the equivalent of 4 actions in a turn:

1. Evade stored on comm relay
2. Barrel roll from BB8
3. Free focus/evade from intensity
4. your actual action, maybe a TL or boost

Just remember that comm relay limits you to 1 evade token max. So step 3 would be restricted to just a focus,  unless the evade token was spent in a previous round. 

Just now, Isophane said:

Just remember that comm relay limits you to 1 evade token max. So step 3 would be restricted to just a focus,  unless the evade token was spent in a previous round. 

Of course, good catch. But I think that's ok, you can still stack many tokens in a turn, and maybe disengage after to refill everything

On 5/22/2017 at 3:26 PM, Rakaydos said:

Worlds top 16 disagrees. there were 33 copies of Mindlink in the top 16.

I'm looking more at JM5Ks needing the nerf more than mindlink. Mindlink doesn't suddenly make Old Fenn Guri OP.

1 hour ago, StriderZessei said:

I'm looking more at JM5Ks needing the nerf more than mindlink. Mindlink doesn't suddenly make Old Fenn Guri OP.

By itself perhaps not (though I think it made Day 2), but it's getting better with guns for hire :P  or guri fenn talonbane

I really love how intensity is a cool buff to Rebel ships like Jake- and comes from an Imperial ship. On the flip side, absolutely NONE of the upgrades from the Auzituck are usable by Imperials. Sounds fair and balanced to me!

2 hours ago, Johen Dood said:

I really love how intensity is a cool buff to Rebel ships like Jake- and comes from an Imperial ship. On the flip side, absolutely NONE of the upgrades from the Auzituck are usable by Imperials. Sounds fair and balanced to me!

Remember when you had to get an Awing for push the limit, and all the imperial players screamed?

2 hours ago, Johen Dood said:

Literally half of the upgrades in the auzituck can be used imperials in 100 point games :D  they just aren't new ones. 

12 hours ago, Johen Dood said:

I thought it's just a myth that you are constantly complaining about Imperials, but it seems to be true. I hope it doesn't destroy your fun with the game...

Maybe think about why FFG feels the need to provide so many Rebel-only upgrades?

On 5/22/2017 at 7:28 PM, codegnave said:

If you dont spend the focus/evade token in that round you can spend it the same round to flip the card back over. Your opponent will need to shoot at the ship carrying Intensity to keep it on exhausted for many of the ships it will be good on. That is something to exploit in itself.

I always thought this was the intention of the card. It's a focus/evade insurance policy. You can do this all you want in an endless loop if you aren't forced to use the token. It's not made to be PTL mkII and really this is a much more balanced card and probably how PTL should have always worked and maybe it wouldn't have been THE card to have so long for so many pilots.

Action efficiency has gotten simply retarded in this game but I really see this as a very decent and balanced card. 

Edited by LordFajubi