Mattman7306

TIE Aggressor Article

3 minutes ago, Mrk1984 said:

It will not be as good as PTL R2d2 PA Poe, it can take 1 extra damage, but can't TL, wont always get the 2nd action (no room to boost or had to spend focus), it will cost the same, and it can't get actions on reds.

Its a buff for Poe, but Poe wasn't winning tournaments anyway. My logic is "If it didnt top 8 at worlds, it cant be that broken"

Poe, Guri, even Zeta Ace (please maybe?) Heck, Mauler Mithel, the ships this card buffs needed a buff. The top meta aces already have more optimal (AKA PTL) options for action economy. This is a niche role fighter that comes with upgrades for neat little role players designed for smaller pocket aces <30 points.

Will it make Zeta Ace as good as Dengar? No, not even close, but it might close the gap by a few percentage points. That sounds like good desighn to me

2 minutes ago, DarthCognis said:

Will it make Zeta Ace as good as Dengar? No, not even close, but it might close the gap by a few percentage points. That sounds like good desighn to me

I agree that it will make some of these guys more playable, like Zeta Ace.  OP?  No, but more playable.  

Yes... Fantastic upgrade.

It starts the action economy diversification that we need. This really helps a lot of small ships in multiple factions. Tie F/Os and T-70s spring to mind as liking this for multiple pilots.

Good design.

Here is a fun list

Tomax with Crack, Lightweight and Unguided =29

LT "No autothrusters for you" 

Lightweight, Synched Turret and Intensity=30

Omega Leader with the meta =26

TLT not a Y wing =25

It wont win worlds, but it will be very educational to see how well the upgrades work out

2 minutes ago, DarthCognis said:

Here is a fun list

Tomax with Crack, Lightweight and Unguided =29

LT "No autothrusters for you" 

Lightweight, Synched Turret and Intensity=30

Omega Leader with the meta =26

TLT not a Y wing =25

It wont win worlds, but it will be very educational to see how well the upgrades work out

29+30+26+25 = 110

You're right about one thing, it won't win worlds.

Edited by Mattman7306

Is it okay to start listing here, or do we just want more general talk? In case of the former, here's a kind of funky list. It features one ship for each of the classic roles, all at pilot skill nine:

Lieutenant Kestal (22)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Lightweight Frame (2)

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Targeting Computer (2)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

"Backdraft" (27)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Lightweight Frame (2)
Special Ops Training (0)

Total: 97

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

53 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

I will say that Heroes of the Aturi Cluster is going to love Intensity!    So...many.....uses....

It has potential, but I think it's still going to be hard to find places I want to actually use it.  There's just so MANY good options between EPTs and pilot abilities that I'm always struggling to decide what to fit in anyway.  I think the main way I'll get intensity into a list is if I want to be able to get the evade tokens.

24 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

It will once mindlink is nerfed, but for now it's just outclassed.

You think that they will kill the mindlink? There is not really good way to nerf it. And it isn't that overpowered either. 

Just now, Zazaa said:

You think that they will kill the mindlink? There is not really good way to nerf it. And it isn't that overpowered either. 

I disagree to all of the above. Mindlink will still have it's use in 4+ ship lists even if it has a range 1 limit.

At 1 point, it's supposed to be as powerful as Wired, not better than PTL.

5 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

It really does.

Who else, I wonder.  Not really scum types because Mindlink.  Not really Squints because they need to be able to focus/evade.   Poe likes it maybe?

Wait, I didn't notice it gives evade tokens as well...

I don't know that there are any combos though, as you need a second EPT slot to mix it in with Juke.

Poe

10 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

At 1 point, it's supposed to be as powerful as Wired, not better than PTL.

Actually, at one point it's literally useless compared to wired because you need two copies of it to work at all. Which also means it is useless when you only have one ship left, very unlike PtL. 

And it's only better than PtL if you want one of your actions to be a focus, which isn't always a given. Mindlink has never been the problem with Scum, it's been their ridiculously points efficient ships.

Edited by DarkArk