Jump to content
Mattman7306

TIE Aggressor Article

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Mattman7306 said:

"Armed with a Synced Turret and Juke , a focused Lieutenant Kestal is almost guaranteed to land her hits."

Did they even try? How tf is Kestal supposed to get an evade.

And even if had, good luck at getting TL, focus AND evade in the same turn with Juke as EPT.

At this point I can no longer tell if they do that on purpose or what

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mattman7306 said:

"Armed with a Synced Turret and Juke , a focused Lieutenant Kestal is almost guaranteed to land her hits."

Did they even try? How tf is Kestal supposed to get an evade.

Spot the deliberate mistake I guess.

Intensity seems great, both names pilots seem great, I'm disappointed that they included a high PS generic without an EPT instead of a third named pilot though,  They get used so rarely.

No dial yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple other thoughts:

"You could outfit a Sienar Specialist with a Twin Laser Turret and the Lightweight Frame modification to run it as a cheap flanker."

"You could even build a squad with four of these Sienar Specialists and buzz around your opponents, stinging them with a series of shots fired from long range."

Given how much they are touting this thing about, TLT LW Sienar isn't going to be that great.

No reveal of the other side of intensity.:angry:

PS 5 onyx has no ept :(

Edited by Mattman7306
Learn to read, me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, clanofwolves said:

Interesting.......most interesting.

But still no dial to dissect with crazed reckless abandon, moaning or applauding it without much reason.....therefore prematurely calling it OP or DOA.

What are the guys up too??

This seems to have been a pattern recently IIRC - they don't reveal the dials on the first previews, they reveal them on the later ones.

But given that this is still at the printer, it's going to be a long, LONG wait for it to come out, so it's hardly surprising they wouldn't make it playable out of the gate.

Intensity looks really interesting though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mattman7306 said:

A couple other thoughts:

"You could outfit a Sienar Specialist with a Twin Laser Turret and the Lightweight Frame modification to run it as a cheap flanker."

"You could even build a squad with four of these Sienar Specialists and buzz around your opponents, stinging them with a series of shots fired from long range."

Given how much they are touting this thing about, TLT LW Sienar isn't going to be that great.

No reveal of the other side of intensity.:angry:

The other side of Intensity was revealed in the original article; we now know both.  ONe is 'when you boost or BR, assign a focus', the other is 'spend a focus or evade to flip this back'.

It seems pretty solid, it's a cheap double action with a heavy penalty but a great deal of utility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CRCL said:

swx66-intensity.png

This was the most interesting thing in there.

 

1 minute ago, Tbetts94 said:

Intensity seems like a good fit on Vader

Jake Farrell will love this. Focus as your action, free boost or roll, tap Intensity for another Focus, then do the roll or boost you haven't done already. Season to taste with VI for PS9 or Push for a lock or evade as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tbetts94 said:

Intensity seems like a good fit on Vader

It really does.

Who else, I wonder.  Not really scum types because Mindlink.  Not really Squints because they need to be able to focus/evade.   Poe likes it maybe?

Wait, I didn't notice it gives evade tokens as well...

I don't know that there are any combos though, as you need a second EPT slot to mix it in with Juke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Intensity, the rest of the article didn't tell me much I didn't know (eg. that FFG can't proofread to save their lives).  Can't evaluate the Aggressor at all without seeing the dial.

Kestal + Juke = where's his evade action, eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SOTL said:

I like Intensity, the rest of the article didn't tell me much I didn't know (eg. that FFG can't proofread to save their lives).  Can't evaluate the Aggressor at all without seeing the dial.

Kestal + Juke = where's his evade action, eh?

Dormitz + 2x hyperwave comm scanner maybe? So she can get her focus and evade to be able to just target lock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Engine25 said:

 

Jake Farrell will love this. Focus as your action, free boost or roll, tap Intensity for another Focus, then do the roll or boost you haven't done already. Season to taste with VI for PS9 or Push for a lock or evade as well. 

Let's you make a really strong "movie Poe". Give him Intensity, Black One, BB-8 (and maybe Primed Thrusters) and he get's some crazy action efficiency when he dials in a green. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

It really does.

Who else, I wonder.  Not really scum types because Mindlink.  Not really Squints because they need to be able to focus/evade.   Poe likes it maybe?

Wait, I didn't notice it gives evade tokens as well...

I don't know that there are any combos though, as you need a second EPT slot to mix it in with Juke.

I think fenn rau may not hate intensity in a non-mindlink list (blasphemy I know). Guri or Talonbane too could enjoy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...