Sign in to follow this  
Kingsguard

Latest fun squad so far undefeated.

I made this list because I had just gotten some ARCs and a U-Wing but so far nobody's been able to beat it. Is it any good or do my friends and I just suck? Do you have any suggestions I could use to improve it?

100pts
Norra Wexley

Expertise, Rey, R5 Astromech, Alliance Overhaul

Shara Bey

Trick Shot, Weapons Engineer, M9-G8, Alliance Overhaul

Heff Tobber

Fire Control System, Jyn Erso, Jan Ors, Pivot Wing

I'm not impressed by your list. It isn't terrible, but there's nothing special about it either.

Without watching your games there's not much basis for determining the skill level of the group you play with. There are some indicators you can look for yourself: missed opportunities, unintentionally overlapping obstacles, forgetting pilot skill order with maneuvers, misreading cards and rules.

The kinds of lists you play against also matter. What sort of lists do your friends use?

If you are having fun and getting in some wins, I saw keepit up. 

If your wins are due to the inexperience of your opponents, the they will improve or you will come upon better players who show you the holes. 

It may be the it is not going to become the list-o-hotness but you just figured out how to fly it well. 

Play some tournaments. ?

Edited by Pewpewpew BOOM

On 5/21/2017 at 7:13 AM, jmswood said:

I'm not impressed by your list. It isn't terrible, but there's nothing special about it either.

Without watching your games there's not much basis for determining the skill level of the group you play with. There are some indicators you can look for yourself: missed opportunities, unintentionally overlapping obstacles, forgetting pilot skill order with maneuvers, misreading cards and rules.

The kinds of lists you play against also matter. What sort of lists do your friends use?

Huh, a lot of negative comments. The pilots all go well together. Heff can use Jyn to give Shara focus, Norra can give her target locks. She can store her own focus with Rey. Losing any one ship doesn't kill the team and they're all fairly beefy hull-wise.

My friend was using a Decimator with expose and....I think a Tie Phantom in the more recent match. He's about as experienced as I am. He also used a T-70 squad with Poe Dameron and Snap Wexley. I forget the third ship.

The other guy was admittedly very green.

So I guess if the list sucks, do you have any suggestions to improve it?

On 5/21/2017 at 6:31 AM, Kingsguard said:

I made this list because I had just gotten some ARCs and a U-Wing but so far nobody's been able to beat it. Is it any good or do my friends and I just suck? Do you have any suggestions I could use to improve it?

100pts
Norra Wexley

Expertise, Rey, R5 Astromech, Alliance Overhaul

Shara Bey

Trick Shot, Weapons Engineer, M9-G8, Alliance Overhaul

Heff Tobber

Fire Control System, Jyn Erso, Jan Ors, Pivot Wing

Don't read too much into the negative comments that dont provide any constructive criticism. Many people have not attempted to even fly a Uwing but trash it all the same. And the only Norra's people fly are the tops in meta lists. Nobody even gave Shara a chance saying she was DOA (or even ARCs surviving without Biggs) until that one regionals (or was it stele open?) with Norra/Shara/Jess

I can see how everything works and gels, and it isnt bad. Heff provides a nice Fullback leading the way. M9G8 + WE is a powerful combo, I used a Shara like yours (but with Draw Their Fire) along with Norra and her TL makes Norra hit really really hard, even if Norra bumps, she gets a nice punch.

For improvements, I would probably put adaptability on Shara to bring her up to same PS as Norra. This gives flexibility in movement, and Shara can fire first and maybe strip some tokens for Norra's shot. I would also look at trying to get Vectored Thrusters on Norra or BB8 for some repositioning. With Expertise, and Shara's TLs, she can freely barrel roll. Dropping FCS on Heff would be my choice for 2pts. That would allow you to upgrade R5 astro to BB8, and then change Rey to C3PO for more protection.

I can see the synergy, with Shara locking onto the other 2 ships with M9.  Heff can Jyn/Jan Nora or Shara for tokens.  Nora always target locks, and consistent damage because of M9.  The only real issue that I see with synergy lists like this is if I take out 1 ship, the whole synergy falls apart.  Especially if I take out Nora, she is your big hitter, and is quite fragile without regen. 

Do you use Jyn on her, or on Shara more often?

11 hours ago, Kingsguard said:

Huh, a lot of negative comments. The pilots all go well together. Heff can use Jyn to give Shara focus, Norra can give her target locks. She can store her own focus with Rey. Losing any one ship doesn't kill the team and they're all fairly beefy hull-wise.

My friend was using a Decimator with expose and....I think a Tie Phantom in the more recent match. He's about as experienced as I am. He also used a T-70 squad with Poe Dameron and Snap Wexley. I forget the third ship.

The other guy was admittedly very green.

So I guess if the list sucks, do you have any suggestions to improve it?

I never said the list sucks. I said I'm not impressed. There are a lot of reasons I could say that; don't overthink it. I said your list isn't terrible or special. In other words, it's bland for my taste. Don't let that deter you.

If the list works for you, then don't change it yet. Practice the list against competent opponents with strong lists. Set up games against your weaknesses. If you lose, don't make any knee-jerk changes. If you do make changes, make them one at a time and practice more to weigh the impact of each change.

On 5/24/2017 at 9:44 AM, wurms said:

Don't read too much into the negative comments that dont provide any constructive criticism. Many people have not attempted to even fly a Uwing but trash it all the same. And the only Norra's people fly are the tops in meta lists. Nobody even gave Shara a chance saying she was DOA (or even ARCs surviving without Biggs) until that one regionals (or was it stele open?) with Norra/Shara/Jess

I can see how everything works and gels, and it isnt bad. Heff provides a nice Fullback leading the way. M9G8 + WE is a powerful combo, I used a Shara like yours (but with Draw Their Fire) along with Norra and her TL makes Norra hit really really hard, even if Norra bumps, she gets a nice punch.

For improvements, I would probably put adaptability on Shara to bring her up to same PS as Norra. This gives flexibility in movement, and Shara can fire first and maybe strip some tokens for Norra's shot. I would also look at trying to get Vectored Thrusters on Norra or BB8 for some repositioning. With Expertise, and Shara's TLs, she can freely barrel roll. Dropping FCS on Heff would be my choice for 2pts. That would allow you to upgrade R5 astro to BB8, and then change Rey to C3PO for more protection.

'fraid I don't have adaptability nor C3PO. But perhaps I'll at least get adaptability at Orccon/Strategicon today. I can certainly see Draw their fire being something to consider. I'm not sure I'd get rid of Rey. I kind of like storing up focus on her in the opening rounds.

On 5/24/2017 at 9:55 AM, Biggsy_boy said:

I can see the synergy, with Shara locking onto the other 2 ships with M9.  Heff can Jyn/Jan Nora or Shara for tokens.  Nora always target locks, and consistent damage because of M9.  The only real issue that I see with synergy lists like this is if I take out 1 ship, the whole synergy falls apart.  Especially if I take out Nora, she is your big hitter, and is quite fragile without regen. 

Do you use Jyn on her, or on Shara more often?

Well the thing is, between spending target locks to add a focus die to evade rolls and Jyn+Jan+Rey adding focus tokens and an evade token each round, and M9G8 forcing opponents to reroll an attack dice, Norra starts to get moderately tanky. She becomes the toughest person to get rid of on the team. 

Also, you can kill Heff and Norra still has Rey providing focus tokens. You can kill Shara and Norra will be able to use her action to get target locks while still getting focus from rey and Heff. And even if Norra goes down, Shara can put up a fight with focus and evades from Heff and M9 allowing rerolls. So the team synergy isn't ruined from losing any one person.

Most of the time it's Norra getting Jyn's effect. If Shara is being focused though I may toss the focus and evades her way.

On 5/24/2017 at 0:37 PM, jmswood said:

I never said the list sucks. I said I'm not impressed. There are a lot of reasons I could say that; don't overthink it. I said your list isn't terrible or special. In other words, it's bland for my taste. Don't let that deter you.

If the list works for you, then don't change it yet. Practice the list against competent opponents with strong lists. Set up games against your weaknesses. If you lose, don't make any knee-jerk changes. If you do make changes, make them one at a time and practice more to weigh the impact of each change.

Maybe it looks bland on paper but it's a lot of fun to play if you try it. All the different synergies and tricks is kind of neat.