Sign in to follow this  
Velvetelvis

Imperial bumpmaster....come on think-tank

Trying to invent a ... something.

What would be a scary " don't get near that thing" imperial ship on the cheap.

I'm thinking along the lines of like a lamda shuttle with Mara Jade and anti pursuit lasers 

Any ideas gang? 

I want to team it up with a ryad/vessery sort of thing.

I have a friend that runs a shuttle with Engine (sometimes) and Rebel Captive (always), and does real well with it against newbies, actually killing things as much as his hitters; as his other two are high-priority Aces (two high ps Defender Ds w/flechette) and it's not fun to shoot or chase; he sets a rock pattern on the left and knows just how to weave it through dismissing attempts to tail her. A master's oddity; fun to watch him surprise players with it.

Edited by clanofwolves

3 minutes ago, defkhan1 said:

Problem with Imperial large base ships is that they're nowhere near as maneuverable as their Rebel and Scum counterparts. Makes it very difficult to come up with anything close to a bumpmaster.

Yeah, THIS!!!!!!

FFG detests designing Imperial large base ships dials.....or maybe they run out of numbers and symbols??

Just now, clanofwolves said:

Yeah, THIS!!!!!!

FFG detests designing Imperial large base ships dials.....or maybe they run out of numbers and symbols??

It's probably to balance the fact that Imperials have the most maneuverable small base ships. I doubt we'll ever see an Imperial large base ship with a dial on the same level of the Jumpmaster, YT-2400, or even YT-1300.

I've just had too many games where my shuttle gets parked in the middle clogging up stuff for a couple turns. 

There's gotta be a build that utilizes this phenomenon.

Boshek, Mara Jade and APL seems like about it as far as building for it goes .

I know nothing can be jumpmaster quality but I think a bubble of suck can be created somehow

Oicunn with ion projector, daredevil, dauntless title, palp, 

Also I know someone who at the fresno regional got top 8 who ran carnor, omega leader, and the shuttle with palp and Ion projector. 

Basically palp plus ion projector = perma-bump

19 hours ago, Biophysical said:

Lambda with Electronic Baffles, Mara Jade and Ion Thingy?  You can just park for a while putting out a stress bubble.  

@wurmsrecently posted about a TIE shuttle build with Intel Agent and Boshek.  That will cause real problems.

You could also run a Gamma for the EPT and throw Intimidation on there I suppose.  

Why bother trying to recreate what other factions do better? Stick to the faction's strengths. The 12pt Academy pilot is arguably the best blocker in the game. He's cheap, has the dial and BR to get in the way, and is a low priority target.

Many of my Imperial lists include 1x Academy as filler and he is consistently the MVP.

9 hours ago, piznit said:

You could also run a Gamma for the EPT and throw Intimidation on there I suppose.  

The way Boshek Bomb works is he sees enemy dial with Intel agent, bumps into enemy ship, ship then activates and you decide if it alters it's dial or not since you already saw it. Then enemy ship moves. So intimidation won't work as the ship won't be touching the bomber during combat.

Also, the lower PS you are, the more ships you can bump before they move. "What's that Torp Boat? You want to sloop? Homey dont play that! Change your maneuver! No arc for you!"

On 21/05/2017 at 2:55 AM, Oberron said:

Oicun + boshek +intel agent+ inspiring recruit + daredevil+ EU + dauntless title 55pts of "I'm coming for you"

This! but instead of Engine Upgrade I'd use Experimental Interface,  and instead of Daredevil I'd use Expose...