Fuzzywookie

Your best list you've taken to a tournament, that failed miserably...

Just went an embarrassing 1-3 at a store championship this past weekend with Palobtanni.

To be fair my opponents were in order, The undefeated tournament winner (L), my most frequent play partner (L), Winner of our last Regional Tournament (L), and some guy (W)

At least every losing match came down to the last ship.  Still a very disappointing day. 

Back in Wave 4, I went 5-2 at Gencon with Blackmoon w/ R3-A2, FCS; Dagger w/ HLC; Roark w/ ICT; Bandit, finishing very respectably.  I decided to tweak it a bit and switch out the Blackmoon for Wedge and downgrade the Dagger to a Blue to add FCS before I headed to the Canadian Nationals, where I proceeded to go 1-6.  To be fair, after I went 1-3, I started hitting the bar with that deliciously beer-flavored water they call Molson Ice up there, but it was still to this date the worst showing I've ever had.

Not a tourney but I recently flew this list which looked pretty good on paper.

42 Miranda (29), TLT (6), Homing Missile (5), EMs (2), Chips (0), Chopper (0)
32 Braylen (25), Gunner (5), R3-A2 (2), AO (0)
26 Biggs (25), R40D6 (1), IA (0)

Unfortunately I got comprehensively demolished by a Scum Attanni list (Fenn and dual torpedo scouts). The annoying thing was I flew reasonably well (baring one bump), the dice were adequate and I managed to get the elements of the list working as required but my opponent still beat me comfortably. Even dishing out double Stress doesn't hinder Attanni sufficiently to impede the list (apart from stopping Fenn's red moves) and the Scouts with their darn white sloops and free TL+Focus just keep dishing out the Torpedo hurt. :(

2 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

Not a tourney but I recently flew this list which looked pretty good on paper.

42 Miranda (29), TLT (6), Homing Missile (5), EMs (2), Chips (0), Chopper (0)
32 Braylen (25), Gunner (5), R3-A2 (2), AO (0)
26 Biggs (25), R40D6 (1), IA (0)

Unfortunately I got comprehensively demolished by a Scum Attanni list (Fenn and dual torpedo scouts). The annoying thing was I flew reasonably well (baring one bump), the dice were adequate and I managed to get the elements of the list working as required but my opponent still beat me comfortably. Even dishing out double Stress doesn't hinder Attanni sufficiently to impede the list (apart from stopping Fenn's red moves) and the Scouts with their darn white sloops and free TL+Focus just keep dishing out the Torpedo hurt. :(

That really sums up where we are right now.

The Inquisitor (Push the Limit, TIE/v1 title, Autothrusters, Proton Rockets)

Omega LEader (Juke, Comm Relay, Stealth Device)

Countess Ryad (Push the Limit, TIE/x7 title, Twin Ion Engine Mk. II)

99 points

Early last year (2016) I brought this build to a tournament and went 7-0 (I don't remember the number of players but the advanced structure was used), even defeating a Dengar+Manaroo list (final game). Feeling very confident, I later brought it to our Regionals event and went 1-5...

Carnor Jax + PtL + AT + Stealth + Title

Maarek Stele + Juke + TIE/x7

PalpShuttle

I built the above in an attempt to take on both other Imperials and Parattani back when it was first becoming a thing (so pre-nerf, obviously). Initial results were promising: 4-0 at a local tournament, and 5-1 in league play with that 1 loss being caused by an easily correctable mistake. Took it to Regionals and started well to get 2-0, but then failed to score any points in the following two games before ultimately ending the day at the lower end of 3-3.

At the height of the u-boat frenzy about a year ago I created a list custom-made to beat the meta which back then consisted mostly of triple u-boats and autothruster aces meant to counter them. It was something like this:

Lothal rebel with FCS, Tactical Jammer, Hera, Chopper, Autoblaster turret and possibly something else

Biggs with R4-D6 and IA

Wes Janson with VI, R3-A2 and IA.

I tested it in local tournaments and it worked well enough. Old Deadeye u-boats would suffer a lot from Wes' focus denial and being forced to shoot at Biggs. Aces would melt to a combination of token denial, extra stress and autoblaster. VCX provided the punch needed to kill stuff.

And then I went to regionals and it was a disaster. The list did murder aces alright as well as some other lists, such as Brobots, but u-boats were another story.  It turned out that even if I all but stopped them from firing any torpedoes at all, their primaries with pre-nerf R4 were still strong enough to wear me down anyway and they just had too much hull to chew through them before they chew through me. That was a major bummer as my brilliant idea to crack the meta failed spectacularly and I ended somewhere in the middle of the table, well short of top 16.

Edited by Lightrock