Darth Sanguis

Quick help on an Imperial Msu

So I'm playing a long time rival tonight, and I wanted to throw something new at him.  He's a rebel player, who's notorious for running Madine liberties and or sato and fighter swarms.  I wanted to try something other than my typical ISD avenger pulse tap, as I've been playing it almost exclusively the last few months, and I think it may be scaring some folk away from playing. 

I designed this to have long range guns, a first/last hard hitter and fighter destruction. I'd be interested in any advice:

Red Gambit 
Author: Darth Sanguis

Faction: Galactic Empire

Commander: Darth Vader

Assault Objective: Most Wanted
Defense Objective: Hyperspace Assault
Navigation Objective: Navigational Hazards

Gladiator I-Class Star Destroyer (56 points)
 Demolisher  ( 10  points) 
-  Ordnance Experts  ( 4  points) 
-  Engine Techs  ( 8  points) 
-  Assault Proton Torpedoes  ( 5  points) 
= 83 total ship cost

Raider-I Class Corvette (44 points)
 Impetuous  ( 4  points) 
-  Agent Kallus  ( 3  points) 
-  Ruthless Strategists  ( 4  points) 
-  Flechette Torpedoes  ( 3  points) 
= 58 total ship cost

[ flagship ] Arquitens-class Light Cruiser (54 points)
-  Darth Vader  ( 36  points) 
-  Slaved Turrets  ( 6  points) 
= 96 total ship cost

Arquitens-class Light Cruiser (54 points)
-  Slaved Turrets  ( 6  points) 
= 60 total ship cost

Gozanti-class Assault Carriers (28 points)
-  Jamming Field  ( 2  points) 
= 30 total ship cost

4 TIE Advanced Squadrons ( 48 points) 
1 Soontir Fel ( 18 points) 

TRC is more effective then slaved torrents (never mind I see you are using vader).  Fighter screen looks solid but you don't seem to have much that is pushing the squadrons and with out rogue they might not be effective.

12 minutes ago, chr335 said:

TRC is more effective then slaved torrents (never mind I see you are using vader).  Fighter screen looks solid but you don't seem to have much that is pushing the squadrons and with out rogue they might not be effective.

well the idea is, for the most part, to try an snag fighters between the raider and the goz. The raider, dealing damage through ruthless strats + 2 black dice, with an opportunity to flechette snagged fighters and getting an extra attack every activation with extra dice to aces, it should be laying out hurt, one way or another, as I do not believe defense tokens can stop either the flechette guns or damage suffered from ruthless strats. Meanwhile, the goz is set to multi role as either long range reds or anti fighter damage. since all fighter to fighter damage is obstructed near the goz, using this plan, I don't expect much out of the tie advanced other than maybe a few damage and a means to soak RS damage and let soontir do auto damage if the enemy decides to shoot at a squad. 

On that raider I would drop the RS if you keep those interceptors. Don't get a lot of bang for your buck... or drop an interceptor for a bomber (increase bid) or get an advanced. You need the hull to get the most from RS

I agree with above about slaved turrets, its nice to throw the extra die but I've flown Arcs with slaves and they just let you down so hard when it needs it to count.  better to have the informed reroll with DTTs or if you can, Needa TRCs is best.

In MSU lists I have found instigator raider one to be a far greater fighter killer the impetuous. Especially with a light interceptor focused set of fighters. You aim to jump instigator onto the enemy Intel ship, then pin the bombers with the interceptors. This completely locks down the enemy ball, with Intel locked in place, bombers engaged with interceptors, all waiting to getaway ton of flak next round.

also try to find the points for renforced blast doors on Demo, this is your heaviest investment and key threat, giving it a potential 60% increase in hull is well worth it. It also frees you up to double ram with less worry......

I dig this list. Slaved Turrets are fine if you are going Vader. DTTs are for Jerjerrod.

The TIE Advanced/Soontir ball should be great against damage-mitigation powers like Biggs and Gallant Haven.

Question - since Vader is really only giving big assistance to the 2 Arquitens, would Screed also be a viable option for this fleet (after swapping out DTT)?

To be honest I would add DTT to the arquitens and drop Vader, then add an admiral that improves mobility, DMSU lives and dies by mobility.

i prefer ozzel he's cheap so me toys and brutal to play against. Your Demo can now go from speed one to sudo speed four ( this is impossible to plan against, you just don't know when he will attack), if you have a token on your raider you can go speed one to four for perfect placement ( instigator loves this as it makes it far easier to park within one of an Intel ship) . Kittens like the ability to speed up or drop down and so does your gozanti.

Edited by Jondavies72

So I made one similar

Gsd1: oe, APT, engine techs, demolisher 

Arquiten command cruiser: screed, captain needa, TRC, rbd 

ArquitenLC: TRC, hand of justice

Raider 1: OE, APT

Raider 1: oe, flechette torpedoes 

2x tie defender 

Lambda shuttle

Comes out to 398/400 so may need to drop a few points for a better bid.

++ Imperial MSU [392pts] ++

Arquitens-class Light Cruiser [59pts]: Dual Turbolaser Turrets

Gladiator I-class Star Destroyer [84pts]: Assault Proton Torpedoes, Engine Techs, Ordnance Experts, Skilled First Officer, •Demolisher

Gozanti-class Cruisers [43pts]: •Admiral Ozzel

Raider I-class Corvette [51pts]: Flechette Torpedoes, Ordnance Experts

+ Squadrons +

TIE Interceptor [17pts]: •Ciena Ree

TIE Phantom [20pts]: •"Whisper"

+ Objectives +

Assault Objective: Most Wanted

Defense Objective: Hyperspace Assault

Navigation Objective: Solar Corona

++ Total: [392pts] ++

If your looking for ideas...

I just won a tournament with this list.

Small ships love Ozzel.  Almost each game I took a CF token on each Arq and Nav for everything else.  I then slow rolled at speed 1 allowing the enemy to fly into the Arqs long range then jumping to whatever speed would allow for double arcing and or arc dodging.

Demo & Raider would hold back and jump ships and squadrons as desired.

Very fun if mentally challenging, all my ships are possibly one/two shotable if in the wrong spot.

also, no Star Destroyers :(

On 5/20/2017 at 10:03 AM, Democratus said:

I dig this list. Slaved Turrets are fine if you are going Vader. DTTs are for Jerjerrod.

The TIE Advanced/Soontir ball should be great against damage-mitigation powers like Biggs and Gallant Haven.

Question - since Vader is really only giving big assistance to the 2 Arquitens, would Screed also be a viable option for this fleet (after swapping out DTT)?

Yeah, it would make sure demo got his APTs too if you went that way. 

I pit this against Madine with a liberty, a neb, 2 Cr90s and a Gr75 with a small cluster of headhunters...

My raider and squad ball blew through their squads... the Kittens did okay, except a well played ram90 locked Vader into position infront of the liberty. Lost him early, round 3 or so. Demo hooked around and cleaned up a CR90, while the ram90 was destroyed by vader before he fell... Then a bad move by demo put him in range of the front arc of the liberty.... game over after that. 

I did not do well with this fleet.