Toqtamish

Death Knight Expansion

Even being unique it can be done every round right?  Or would it be every second round?  This seems like it should be limited to once per game.  But yeah even hunters guile on Leonx riders can't compete with DK now haha

I think that when the target unit under Death's Embrace is destroyed (or if an effect can cleanse this kind of condition), the status is available once again.

Edited by Cyiel

I guess the ability to ready it is the limitation. DKs actually really suffer in that regard. Unless they have some way to ready a card via a friendly unit nearby or an inspiration token tucked away, their only way to ready is their init7 green Rally on the main dial...which means no attack that round.

That means that w/o banked inspiration tokens, they will at best be every other turn. But you could probably do way more damage than that in the turn you didnt attack to ready it.

3 hours ago, Contrapulator said:

Rally removes banes. Is a condition card a bane?

I would hope so, otherwise there's no recourse or defense.

Edit: there is currently no rule on what a condition is, so I am making an assumption.  Though it's not that big of a leap considering other FFG game mechanics.

Edited by flightmaster101

1 hour ago, flightmaster101 said:

I would hope so, otherwise there's no recourse or defense.

Edit: there is currently no rule on what a condition is, so I am making an assumption.  Though it's not that big of a leap considering other FFG game mechanics.

Perhaps Inspiration tokens.  Thus why they seem to value them so high on Oathsworn 

11 hours ago, stet2 said:

Just noted "Death's Embrace" isn't: before the end phase..... it's before each end phase

It was implied for me. I add it to my initial post. Thanks. :D

It is Unique, so i don't think it will be a Bane. And you can deal it to a unit one at a time and waiting for the defender unit to be destroyed before dealing this condition to an other unit.That's how i see it, but who knows ? :lol:

There has to be some defense against that card. That is way too brutal for a 5pt card that basically autonukes you every round once its applied and you have 0 defense against it.
On the same token im not sure if Rally/Inspiration tokens would be a viable way to get rid of it because that'd be a bit easy. Perhaps a Rally to ONLY remove it, since the DKs have to waste a turn to ready it themselves to reapply it.

It's a melee attack effect so they have to be engaged with you to give you the condition. The best way to deal with it is try to avoid the Death Knights, or engage them with a unit that doesn't care about mortal strikes, like a big block of spearmen.

On 6/6/2017 at 7:14 PM, Vineheart01 said:

Someone better at modelling skills than me needs to make one of these guys shooting a "Death Coil" from his sword when we get them.....

Also you could only have it on one target at a time anyway. The source of the condition is unique so you cant have 2 units with it and its exhausted so you cant apply it to 2 units youre engaged with at once.
Note that both the upgrade and the condition have the squiggly lines for Unique

There will likely be a rule text in the pamphlet for Death Knights that will confirm this. 
Same as X-Wing - conditions are unique and you can only assign a single copy of the condition card tied to your EPT / pilot ability.

1 hour ago, Polda said:

There will likely be a rule text in the pamphlet for Death Knights that will confirm this. 
Same as X-Wing - conditions are unique and you can only assign a single copy of the condition card tied to your EPT / pilot ability.

Considering the condition upgrade and the condition itself have the unique indicator, I think it is possible we get conditions that are not unique.