Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mikael Hasselstein

At the Printer

22 posts in this topic

Yes it is. According to what the article says it will be available during the 3rd quarter of this year. I think we'll have it for August or beginnings of September :)

subtrendy2 likes this

1 hour ago, subtrendy2 said:

Well that was ridiculously fast.

Indeed.

I'm a bit skeptic myself. Sometimes FFG makes errors on its upcoming page. Sometimes boats get turned around, or they go boat-to-other-boat, or other weird things. We'll see how it develops, but I hope it's as advertised. :-)

subtrendy2 likes this

Posted (edited)

Been on that boat for almost  over two months now.

Any guesses when it'll start shipping?

(Just pre-ordered, so I'm getting antsy)  :P

edited: Not sure why I said "almost", it was added to On the Boat on 5/26

Edited by subtrendy2
davidumstattd likes this

I suspect, but have ZERO proof or support, that this will be available in limited quantities at Gencon, and be in wide retail distribution in September.

2 hours ago, davidumstattd said:

What does that mean? If we preordered then when would we get it? 

Whom did you preorder it from?

To my knowledge, preorder does not make it arrive any faster, though from what I've read people ordering from online retailers have to wait a few extra days, because of shipping.

I order mine from the FLGS, and the official release dates tend to be about the days that I get the call to pick up my stuff.

On 8/19/2017 at 5:33 PM, davidumstattd said:

What does that mean? If we preordered then when would we get it? 

Yeah, it depends on who you preordered from.  For instance, when the Jabba's Realm wave came for Imperial Assault late last December, my preorder from Cool Stuff Inc didn't come for another 10-14 days.

I ordered from Miniature Market this time.  Their HQ is pretty close to me, so I usually get my orders much more quickly with them.  If it ships on the 31st, I expect I'll have it by Tuesday or Wednesday next week.  With CSI, in my location, I wouldn't have expected it next week at all (not that CSI is bad, it's just not nearly as close as MM for me).  Basically, I'd look for a distributer near you, it actually helps a lot.

On 8/29/2017 at 7:42 AM, subtrendy2 said:

Yeah, it depends on who you preordered from.  For instance, when the Jabba's Realm wave came for Imperial Assault late last December, my preorder from Cool Stuff Inc didn't come for another 10-14 days.

I ordered from Miniature Market this time.  Their HQ is pretty close to me, so I usually get my orders much more quickly with them.  If it ships on the 31st, I expect I'll have it by Tuesday or Wednesday next week.  With CSI, in my location, I wouldn't have expected it next week at all (not that CSI is bad, it's just not nearly as close as MM for me).  Basically, I'd look for a distributer near you, it actually helps a lot.

Hopefully this time will not be an aberration from the norm, and my FLGS will have it on the release date (or Force Friday, when I'll probably go there to see what surprise FFG has in store for us.)  As such, the FLGS is a quicker deal than the online retailer. Hooray FLGS.

By the way, here in the Rebellion forum we have not yet had one of those heated debates that I've seen in the Armada and X-Wing forums on the ethics and justifications of online retailers vs. FLGS's. Should that be corrected?Good flamewars have been so rare around these parts that I have to wonder if this is actually still the internet.

Megatronrex, subtrendy2 and Handler like this

12 hours ago, Mikael Hasselstein said:

Hopefully this time will not be an aberration from the norm, and my FLGS will have it on the release date (or Force Friday, when I'll probably go there to see what surprise FFG has in store for us.)  As such, the FLGS is a quicker deal than the online retailer. Hooray FLGS.

By the way, here in the Rebellion forum we have not yet had one of those heated debates that I've seen in the Armada and X-Wing forums on the ethics and justifications of online retailers vs. FLGS's. Should that be corrected?Good flamewars have been so rare around these parts that I have to wonder if this is actually still the internet.

I expect that's partially because even with the expansion, most people wouldn't be making more than two purchases for this game, while Armada and X-Wing are built on a model that requires multiple purchases, sometimes even of the same pack.

Though that doesn't really explain the absence of this debate on the IA forums, either- guess we're just extra chill about this there.

Personally, I'd love to have a FLGS within 100 miles of me, but that simply isn't the case.  Online is kind of a necessity for me- but even if I had an FLGS (and again, I'd love to have one to support), I would only shop there if their prices were competitive.

5 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

I expect that's partially because even with the expansion, most people wouldn't be making more than two purchases for this game, while Armada and X-Wing are built on a model that requires multiple purchases, sometimes even of the same pack.

Though that doesn't really explain the absence of this debate on the IA forums, either- guess we're just extra chill about this there.

Personally, I'd love to have a FLGS within 100 miles of me, but that simply isn't the case.  Online is kind of a necessity for me- but even if I had an FLGS (and again, I'd love to have one to support), I would only shop there if their prices were competitive.

Well, Rebellion is a different type of game altogether than the miniatures games are. As a result, I wouldn't expect the online community dynamics to be very different.

Wow, no FLGS within 100 miles. That's just awful. I'm in Portland, OR, where we might just have too many FLGSs. Whereabouts are you?

subtrendy2 likes this

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Mikael Hasselstein said:

Well, Rebellion is a different type of game altogether than the miniatures games are. As a result, I wouldn't expect the online community dynamics to be very different.

Wow, no FLGS within 100 miles. That's just awful. I'm in Portland, OR, where we might just have too many FLGSs. Whereabouts are you?

Northern Missouri, unfortunately.  :P

We used to have a Hastings, which was  pop culture shop that had an extremely limited tabletop section, but that's about it.  I'd even campaign for a Target, at this point.

I know someone who was interested financing a board gaming bar, and while I haven't heard anything from him lately, I'd totally be down for that.  As for now, though, we don't really have anything.

Anyway, sorry for the off topic tangent!  

Edited by subtrendy2

2 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

Northern Missouri, unfortunately.  :P

We used to have a Hastings, which was  pop culture shop that had an extremely limited tabletop section, but that's about it.  I'd even campaign for a Target, at this point.

I know someone who was interested financing a board gaming bar, and while I haven't heard anything from him lately, I'd totally be down for that.  As for now, though, we don't really have anything.

Anyway, sorry for the off topic tangent!  

I think tangents are most welcome here.

I'm sorry that you find yourself in a gaming wasteland. That's usually where the debate winds up; between those who have access to FLGSs and those who don't. Of course, FLGSs can only exist where there would be enough demand to sustain them, in addition to the entrepreneurial talent with the start-up capital to build such a store. Some communities have all those things; some don't.

subtrendy2 likes this