Sign in to follow this  
Parakitor

Interview with Andrew Navaro, FFG head of studio

The guys from Team Covenant interview Andrew Navaro, head of graphic design at FFG. I've cued up this video to a short segment (edit, literally, less thank 60 seconds) where they discuss Runewars. There's nothing new here at all, but it's still nice to hear FFG employees talk about how excited they are for this game. He says he's especially excited for all the cool stuff they have yet to announce for Runewars. Hype!

Edited by Parakitor
Cued video to correct spot

I got the video cued up. Thanks, @Budgernaut.

@flightmaster101, I'm pretty sure he's referring to more than just the Uthuk. He says the community is fixated on the rather limited Core Set, and that there is a lot more in the works. Which just signifies to me that there are really awesome units on the way for the core set factions (which we already pretty much know).

Later on in the interview, Steven mentions that FFG has been pushing the limits of their own IPs, including a source book for Android Netrunner, and now there is Runewars. I was really hoping they would finish connecting those thoughts to give a solid hint that they're working on a source book for Terrinoth, but they didn't say that. I still have hope!

Interestingly, Andrew also said that they are approaching Legend of the Five Rings with more up-front lore than they've ever released for a game before. Kinda sad that Runewars didn't get that treatment, but I have a strong suspicion that the story is going to really unfold in the quarterly game night kits. That's my hunch. (And the aforementioned source book which we are hoping for would also help).

46 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

He says the community is fixated on the rather limited Core Set

Yes. some would say annoyingly so, but not me.  ;)

1 hour ago, Parakitor said:

Kinda sad that Runewars didn't get that treatment

Yep, especially considering people are clamoring for the colors of the different baronies.

58 minutes ago, NewTroski said:

Beginning of the video says head of the studio, not just graphic design.

Yeah, I got confused when they were talking about Andrew applying for the graphic design job. So he was leading that effort up until recently when he was moved to head of studio...but I don't even know what that means.

51 minutes ago, flightmaster101 said:

Yep, especially considering people are clamoring for the colors of the different baronies.

I hope they never actually give the colors for more than a couple of them.