Jump to content
millsbr91

Rey/Norra Suggestions

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone. I'm 4-1 with this list so far and I am planning to use it for store championships. Any suggestions for improvement? Tail gunner for Kyle? Make room for EU? Thanks!

Rey (45)

Expertise (4)

Smuggling Compartment (0)

Burnout SLAM (1)

Millennium Falcon (Segnor's Loop) (1)

Finn (5)

Kanan Jarrus (3)

 

Norra Wexley (29)

Push the Limit (3)

R2-D2 (4)

Vectored Thrusters (2)

Tail Gunner (2)

Alliance Overhaul (0)

 

Total 99

Edited by millsbr91

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, millsbr91 said:

Hey everyone. I'm 4-1 with this list so far and I am planning to use it for store championships. Any suggestions for improvement? Tail gunner for Kyle? Make room for EU? Thanks!

Rey (45)

Expertise (4)

Smuggling Compartment (0)

Burnout SLAM (1)

Millennium Falcon (Segnor's Loop) (1)

Finn (5)

Kanan Jarrus (3)

 

Norra Wexley (29)

Push the Limit (3)

R2-D2 (4)

Vectored Thrusters (2)

Tail Gunner (2)

Alliance Overhaul (0)

 

Total 99

I'd be concerned with stress shutting down Expertise.  If you face Assaj, you can count on it.  I also like Inertial Dampeners over Burnout SLAM to keep Rey's arc on target (and weapons not disabled).  I think crew for Norra can be pretty fluid (Kanan, Tail Gunner, C-3PO), but I'd probably go with this...

Rey (45)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Finn (5)
Kanan Jarrus (3)
Inertial Dampeners (1)
Smuggling Compartment (0)
Countermeasures (3)
Millennium Falcon (TFA) (1)

Norra Wexley (29)
Push the Limit (3)
C-3PO (3)
R2-D2 (4)
Vectored Thrusters (2)
Alliance Overhaul (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, gennataos said:

I'd be concerned with stress shutting down Expertise.  If you face Assaj, you can count on it.  I also like Inertial Dampeners over Burnout SLAM to keep Rey's arc on target (and weapons not disabled).  I think crew for Norra can be pretty fluid (Kanan, Tail Gunner, C-3PO), but I'd probably go with this...

Rey (45)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Finn (5)
Kanan Jarrus (3)
Inertial Dampeners (1)
Smuggling Compartment (0)
Countermeasures (3)
Millennium Falcon (TFA) (1)

Norra Wexley (29)
Push the Limit (3)
C-3PO (3)
R2-D2 (4)
Vectored Thrusters (2)
Alliance Overhaul (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Sadly, I have not yet faced any stress control and I know that is going to be one of my worst matchups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either build of Rey that has been presented above can work. Your current one favors damage output with a minor defense increase by allowing to keep your focus for defense instead of using it on offense. While the other build (VI & Countermeasures) provides a nice defense against alpha strikes by allowing you to use Burnout SLAM or Inertial Dampeners after likely your opponent's list has all moved and a turn of discarding a target lock and gaining an extra green dice which normally isn't great but if they're in Rey's arc, she can reroll them. Just depends on what you'd rather your Rey to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, RStan said:

Either build of Rey that has been presented above can work. Your current one favors damage output with a minor defense increase by allowing to keep your focus for defense instead of using it on offense. While the other build (VI & Countermeasures) provides a nice defense against alpha strikes by allowing you to use Burnout SLAM or Inertial Dampeners after likely your opponent's list has all moved and a turn of discarding a target lock and gaining an extra green dice which normally isn't great but if they're in Rey's arc, she can reroll them. Just depends on what you'd rather your Rey to do. 

 Thanks for the input RStan. I'm considering the VI route, but also adding EU since the 1pt bid wouldn't be as important at ps10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, millsbr91 said:

 Thanks for the input RStan. I'm considering the VI route, but also adding EU since the 1pt bid wouldn't be as important at ps10.

I really don't believe Rey needs EU.  If she's chasing people, she's probably already in a winning position.  If she's running away, she's probably already in a losing position.  I've found with slooping Rey, 80% of my moves are sloops or 1-turns.  Plus, having that Inertial Dampeners in your back pocket is huge...it makes at least one turn of blocking Rey very dangerous.  The only time I haven't been able to chase a ship down before time expired was a game where it was just Rey and Soontir, but he could never get himself in a position to out-damage Rey, so he even conceded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, gennataos said:

I really don't believe Rey needs EU.  If she's chasing people, she's probably already in a winning position.  If she's running away, she's probably already in a losing position.  I've found with slooping Rey, 80% of my moves are sloops or 1-turns.  Plus, having that Inertial Dampeners in your back pocket is huge...it makes at least one turn of blocking Rey very dangerous.  The only time I haven't been able to chase a ship down before time expired was a game where it was just Rey and Soontir, but he could never get himself in a position to out-damage Rey, so he even conceded.

After a bit of thinking since yesterday, I kind of backed off of EU. Still not sure whether to keep Expertise or not though. I love having almost fully modified shots even when bumped. Plus that focus on defense has saved Rey about an extra round of shooting per match. But I know...stress stress stress kills me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, millsbr91 said:

After a bit of thinking since yesterday, I kind of backed off of EU. Still not sure whether to keep Expertise or not though. I love having almost fully modified shots even when bumped. Plus that focus on defense has saved Rey about an extra round of shooting per match. But I know...stress stress stress kills me. 

If you have the chance, try it with and without.  With PtL Norra, though...hmmm...stress might chew up a list with both PtL and Expertise.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gennataos said:

If you have the chance, try it with and without.  With PtL Norra, though...hmmm...stress might chew up a list with both PtL and Expertise.  

At least Asajj has to choose one or the other! Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stress is gonna suck, but that's a matchup thing. It's difficult to not take PtL on Norra, so don't stray from that as in a Rey/Norra build, she doesn't have many other great builds without PtL in this list. Rey on the other hand as discussed, has some options. You never know, in some store championships, you might not get matched up with a stress giver at all. It's unlikely, but not unheard of. Just have a plan to deal with it and run whichever version of your list you feel best with. Having a plan of action against your counters is just something every player has to develop. 

Edited by RStan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...