Sign in to follow this  
boow

When will we get cards to reflect "stolen ships"?

Its a campaign, the rules can be changed for a single mission for FUN, I know you got that stick so far up your *** the **** is coming out the other end. Did you seriously forget how to have FUN with games? The rules of tabletop and most games like it are GUIDELINES, if you wanna change something, there isnt anything stopping us outside our imagination. This isnt a Competitive based idea here, its for fun...FUNNNNNNNNNN........

4 minutes ago, Norell said:

How do you steal an ISD with several thousands crew&troops on it? Or they may not notice it that they get orders to fire at Imperial ships?

Your board it with a sufficient large strike team, that uses surprise and speed to take control, of various command control stations, in particular control stations that is in relation to damage control.

From here you can lock down blast/bulkhead doors and issolate sections and large portions of the ship, which you then subsequently ventilate into space, by manipulating the fire supression control system. Or activating the fire extinguishers, which can/may/will fill rooms with poisonous gas. (On earth Halon gas has accidently killed crew members on warships)

And being in control blast/bulkhead doors, you can also make natural choke points, that can force any counter attack into an ambush kill zone, that you can pin them down with, until re-inforcements arrive. or kill them off piece meal.

But alot of planning, training and preparation is demanded of the strike team, they need to know the layout of the ship and know how to use/slice its various control stations. And the initial boarding attempt must succeed.

Ummm... Sure you can do that with a small frigate or a corvette. But not with a flying citly like an ISD. You should catch it completely unguarded, with only a skeleton crew or not even thst, and be able to board at least a thousand troopers within minutes.

This also assumes that you have access to the main computer core while the guards don't. Otherwise they will wentillate you out into space.

Well, in the comic where the Rebels stole a Star Destroyer (Marvel Star Wars #22, last year), the Rebels caused a reactor core overload by attacking the rear of the ship. Once one of the reactors went into overload, the Imperials on the ship evacuated/abandoned ship, while a small team of rebels moved in. They were then able to eject the single core that they had damaged, where it exploded while the skeleton crew of Rebels simultaneously jumped the ISD into hyperspace. 

The story implied that the Imperials believed the ship to be destroyed, but I don't remember how the lack of debris was explained...

I'd have to reread the whole arc, but I believe they stole the ship only to load it with bombs and crash it into something else. Like most stories in Star Wars, they were probably successful with a bunch of hiccups in the plan along the way.

On 5/21/2017 at 11:16 PM, Marinealver said:

Until I see an Imperial Nebulon-B in a movie or Armada (or an Imperial X-wing in X-wing or Armada) Nebulon-Bs are Rebel Only.

Where are cells of rebellion fighters actually actively manufacturing ships, odds are the vast majority of the fleet is jacked.

There's a lot of things that don't make sense in Star Wars. No you should never be able to hijack a Star Destroyer let alone an SSD. The Battle of Jakku is really small scale at only three dozen star destroyers (Since the Imperial Remanent is amalgamating and not trying to hold territory) considering the Empire has twenty-five thousand ISDs.

2 hours ago, Darthain said:

Where are cells of rebellion fighters actually actively manufacturing ships, odds are the vast majority of the fleet is jacked.

So Mon Calmari Star Cruisers are Imperial Ships also?

Then I guess we have just answered the OP question. The entire Rebel Fleet is "Stolen"!;)

56 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

So Mon Calmari Star Cruisers are Imperial Ships also?

Then I guess we have just answered the OP question. The entire Rebel Fleet is "Stolen"!;)

To paraphrase a quote from an Imperial Officer (can't remember the source) "For once I would like to destroy a Rebel ship the Empire didn't originally pay for"

Also, here is your Imperial Neb-B.  You're welcome ;)

WP_20170523_004_zps0dkusvrz.jpg

8 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

To paraphrase a quote from an Imperial Officer (can't remember the source) "For once I would like to destroy a Rebel ship the Empire didn't originally pay for"

Also, here is your Imperial Neb-B.  You're welcome ;)

WP_20170523_004_zps0dkusvrz.jpg

I saw it in the Old Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starships.

7 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Therein lies the Rub.

It is argued, if its not canon, its not "Truth".

Its merely Legend.

However it also included the Yuzzahn Vong so that source is no longer credible.

So, when it comes to cross faction ships, I'm not opposed to the idea, but they need to do two things: 1) fit into the existing fleet flavor, mechanically. 2) not rob the original of it's use and flavour, mechanically.

If I were to do cross faction ships, stats would be different and you would not gain access to original titles. Essentially they would be all new ship cards with all new titles that happened to look like the original.

On 5/23/2017 at 1:43 PM, SnowWulf said:

Well I think they need to explain where the rebels are getting the Neb-B if they are not stolen Imperial vessels.   

Maybe they don't build them, they just buy them. Sort of like these guys

Airstrip.2.png

Time to end the Tyranny of the GDI... uhh I mean the GE!

On 5/17/2017 at 2:33 PM, boow said:

It's obviously more a tactic with the Rebels stealing/commandeering imperial ships, so when will it be reflected in the game?

I'm sure there are many examples, but the three I can think of are Rebels using stolen shuttles in RotJ and Rogue 1, the Imperial Light Carrier and some TIEs stolen in the Rebels cartoon series, and the core OT rebel heroes stealing a Star Destroyer in the current Marvel comics run.

How could the mechanic work in game? just similar templates, but with penalties to indicate decreased effectiveness?

You already got the Nebulon B, and Im assuming half or more of those CR90s were stolen too.

On 5/21/2017 at 11:00 PM, Marinealver said:

You mean like using a 20 year old game for a reference?

Pshh, n00b.

The computer game lore is for you* millennials. Old farts like me knew the Neb-B as Imperial from the 30-year-old roleplaying game.

*Generalized 'you'. I don't know how old the specific 'you' is.

3 hours ago, FoaS said:

Let's be real. The reason why the Neb-B was used in xwing was to save disk space by reusing assets.

When I purchased X-Wing it came on 5 x 3.5" floppy disks. There's only so much you can fit on 7.2 MB...

I have such fond memories of that and TIE Fighter.

When will we get cards to reflect "stolen ships"?

Never.
This would be good for some narrative, fluffy, play but terrible for normal play. The game is tested and balanced and themed a certain way, and multiplying the interaction for now and the future to the power of two would indefinitely delay things that already take forever. But hey, if you want to do a scenario where the rebels stole something I'm sure you'll find someone to play it with you. (Maybe even me! I like narrative play)