BiggsIRL

[Mafia] Remote Lothal Outpost - Finished

On 5/28/2017 at 4:02 AM, CaribbeanNinja said:

My thoughts are @BrobaFettand @DabDarklighterare the rebels. (Dabs is a little harder to suspect, as he did actually unvote Gink, and there would be no reason for him to do that...)

My thought is Broba first.

I'm pretty sure these are the rebels.

## vote @BrobaFett

What!?

Day 3:  5 living, 3 to lynch - THAT'S GAME YA'LL

@BrobaFett (1) - GiledPallaeon
@Tirion - 
@DabDarklighter - 
@GiledPallaeon (3) - Tirion, BrobaFett, DabDarklighter
@CaribbeanNinja - 

Tirion pulls his gun out at Giled, and is very surprised at how quickly Brobafett and DabDarklighter do the same.  They shoot Tirion, and turn their guns on the rest of the Imperial Troopers present.

@GiledPallaeon - Loyal Imperial Trooper - BG-1404 - has been killed Day 4

@CaribbeanNinja - Loyal Imperial Trooper - BG-1405 - has been auto-killed.

@Tirion - Loyal Imperial Trooper - BG-1408 - has been auto-killed.

Tirion is the last to die, and gets to watch as Agent Kallus radios for the Ghost to come and collect his team.  The supplies of the base will go to feed the growing rebellion.

@DabDarklighter - Agent Kallus - Former Imperial Agent (Godfather) - Wins!  "Agent" Kallus was immune to investigations.
@BrobaFett - Sabine Wren - Rebel Demolitions Operative (Janitor) - Wins!  Sabine had a once per game ##Detonate ability that took the place of the regular night kill.  It bypassed ##Protection and prevented a flip.
@GhostofNobodyInParticular - Ezra Bridger - Rebel Jedi Apprentice - Wins!  Ezra was immune to tracking when he performed a night kill.

Scum Document

Observer's Lounge

Setup Document

Thanks for playing everyone!  Let me know if I should run another one sometime.  Anyone and everyone can now post in the thread!

21 minutes ago, BrobaFett said:

Was a lot of fun, but so much stress on my social insecurities! 

We are all still friends right?

Agreed.  I'll be able to focus a lot better at work this week knowing that this is done.  All in all though, it was a good time, but way too time consuming for a family man like myself.    

2 hours ago, BrobaFett said:

Dab, you are awesome. Thanks for letting me hitch a ride on your back there for a bit. 

I guess we don't need a third times the charm.

3 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Man, Dab, you have awed me with your masterful manipulations. I don't know if it was all intentional (and perhaps some of it, especially at the end there, wasn't) but dang, you turned them from being certain the rebels were you and Broba to lynching an Imp not once, but TWICE!* Bravo, my man, bravo!

Thanks for the compliments, but I don't know that it is truly that deserved.  At least now that it is over, I can sleep better at night.  

Also, Not sure I wanted to come out of this being hailed for an ability to deceive people; in that case, was I really a winner?

6 hours ago, BiggsIRL said:

Thanks for playing everyone!  Let me know if I should run another one sometime.  Anyone and everyone can now post in the thread!

Automatically sign me up for the  next one when you want to do it, specially if it ends up being a situation aboard an ISD with broken hyperdrive and communication in dead space with rebel spies

Wow! Well played gentlemen! I just saw this thread for the first time this evening and it was great to read it from start to finish in one sitting! You all had me on the edge of my seat seeing how each day would end. I've played Mafia before, but only ever with one villain, a cop, and a medic. My typical gaming groups tend not to play a whole lot of larger scale social deductions, so it was a treat to watch.

I will say I was stunned by the outcome, but somehow the Imps talked themselves out of the win. I'm pleased with myself for seeing the HK designation and Agent Kallus designations being fraudulent (Kallus mainly because he is a traitor to the empire after all....), though I was quite in favor of the mind trick for a while. I thought perhaps Kanan would be the third rebel. After the detonators were used, I knew that was Sabine from a theme point of view (of course she is going to be the demolitions character!). Great job Biggs with the adaptation for this!

And lastly, I really hope another game gets started soon. I'd like to reserve a spot if possible!

@BrobaFett Glad to play! I love these games. I'd offer to run one, but I just started one up on my other site, and I think I'll wait for that to finish it's course.

@DabDarklighter Do you think you could play a slower paced one? I've played around with variants that don't have a hammer (just take the highest vote count at the end of the day) and run the full 48 hours/24 hours for Day/Night. It makes things a lot easier when there are different Time Zones involved, and it means that you don't have to constantly check every day. I thought you were a great player, and if you're interested in playing again, there are ways of making the format less demanding on your time.

11 hours ago, Ardaedhel said:

This game: fun to play; capitally frustrating to watch.

Hah, I'm the exact opposite. I always have fun watching it but I can't stand actually playing. For a moment I was tempted to join as I thought maybe the forum version would be different, but man, I'm glad I didn't. It was fascinating to read though, and if there's ever another one I'll be lurking again for sure!

3 hours ago, Onidsen said:

@DabDarklighter Do you think you could play a slower paced one? I've played around with variants that don't have a hammer (just take the highest vote count at the end of the day) and run the full 48 hours/24 hours for Day/Night. It makes things a lot easier when there are different Time Zones involved, and it means that you don't have to constantly check every day. I thought you were a great player, and if you're interested in playing again, there are ways of making the format less demanding on your time.

I'd have to give it some thought.  Part of my issues may have been just how my week went (someone deleted my database at work and we found it wasn't being backed up) and just underestimating what I had going on IRL, but another part was the general paranoia it gave me.  I think you can see in some of the scum chat that I was feeling a bit overwhelmed at times and I know I didn't focus as well at work while my name was up for the lynch.  I definitely want to just watch the next one, but with a bit more foresight on my schedule I might give it another try. 

Just read the observer's lounge, it's even better when you can see the thought process from the dead,why they did what they did and speculations of why they died

Edited by Visovics
My english is awful!