Just now, Shiba Gunichi said:

Why do I hate the Crane Clan, kids?

It's not for anything they are, do, or become in the story. It's because they're ALWAYS IN THE FRIGGIN' THING.

I know. Just a little light trolling.

21 minutes ago, Kakita Shiro said:

Yes, the mistake was that the Crane weren't in the forefront enough. :D

True. The Kaiu Walls needs more Cranes.^_^

Oni: Waaaggh!!!:angry:

Crane: Ikebana Duel!^_^

Oni: Wha....:huh:

Sadly, Ancestral Plot Armor of the Crane would make the Crane to win.:lol:

Just now, Tonbo Karasu said:

Was not the mention of the name Yoritomo enough?

Meh, not really.  Now if it had been Tsuruchi, or Sriracha, or whatever his/her name will be in this continuity, then we'd have a reason to be excited!

7 hours ago, profparm said:

I don't think she struggled, she took the time to observe his style which meant he got the first licks in.

I think, if she was willing to give up her covert mission to give him an honorable death than she is basically saying that was more important than finding out if her father was murdered... 

It said, he had the stance like that of a dragon. So could it have been a spider monk? Or... at the very least one of the heretical sect of the Dragon?

I don't think she struggled either... I think she allowed him to wound her... still, I think he was formidable. Enough so that she had to deal with him. Possibly, he would have been successful if she hadn't been there in secret...

Edited by SavageTofu

4 hours ago, Kakita Renju said:

I really hope that Doji Satsume killer is not a Scorpion.
And the Scorpion just keep the secret of the killer identity, so that rokugan is not destroyed by a large scale war.

I can't help but think how closely related this seems to John Arryn dying in Game of thrones. If so, the question isn't if it was scorpion but why was Doji Satsume murdered?

Could it be that Satsume found out about  Hotura & Kachiko? I think it's a much deeper plot probably...

If scorpion didn't do it than they at least knew about it. 

She was willing to give up her covert mission to kill bandits before they killed any of the people in the caravan. I don't think that the duel was what ended up revealing her identity over all.

Ronin didn't have to be a Dragon. The way it was phrased suggested that Niten isn't a exclusive province of Dragon Clan, only that it was designed by them and entered "bushi mainstream" as a viable option.

10 hours ago, Wintersong said:

And Unicorn get lots of fate for being last. As usual. Boy, for being the speedy Clan we certainly claimed worst name to run in alphabetical races. Should have stayed Ki-Rin.:lol:

We're not last because we're slow - we're last because we've been waiting for everyone else to assign for the last 20 years. :P

To do what? She was going to visit Imperial Capital anyway, as it's where she wants to hold the funeral. She kinda had to, because it's not only her father and ex Crane Champion, but also Emerald Champion, so she is pretty much obliged to do it personally. 

She basically choose to travel there incognito, probably hoping that people and evidence that would disappear in advance after hearing "Hotaru is coming" would be still "online". Hell, she could even ask Kachiko to arrange a "fake Hotaru" to "publicly declare she is coming to the capital", and then personally check what kind of movement it would provoke. 

9 hours ago, WHW said:

Hell, she could even ask Kachiko to arrange a "fake Hotaru" to "publicly declare she is coming to the capital", and then personally check what kind of movement it would provoke. 

Oh no, please not Fake Hoturi again... :P