Sign in to follow this  
Rettere

Nerf Red Dices

Ok so first;

I don't appreciate the ironic Rieekan Acetrolling of a thread that has NOTHING to do with Rieekan and only is about the problems of legitimate red dices and abusers of red dices!;

second thank you to the thoughtful forum members who shared good ideas  about the NUDE (Normalized Unit of Dices Equivalency) system which has been so ironically ignored by the many Rieekan Acetrolls;

1 hour ago, Megatronrex said:

My red dice already have 6 blank sides and 1 accuracy and 1 crit. I thought you had to win a tournament or something to get the fancy 2 hit red "dices".

third if your red dices have so few hits then you have OVERNERFED (yes it is real) /!;

Fourth I realize I will never be taken seriously and therefore convert to the cult of Rieekan Acetrolls by reciting their credo;

Glory be to the dices; and to the range ruler, and to the holy movement tool;

as it was in Wave Zero, is now and is in Wave 6; WORLD WITHIUT RED DICES;

Amen, Amen!

good night and love to you all;

;;

29 minutes ago, Rettere said:

Ok so first;

I don't appreciate the ironic Rieekan Acetrolling of a thread that has NOTHING to do with Rieekan and only is about the problems of legitimate red dices and abusers of red dices!;

second thank you to the thoughtful forum members who shared good ideas  about the NUDE (Normalized Unit of Dices Equivalency) system which has been so ironically ignored by the many Rieekan Acetrolls;

third if your red dices have so few hits then you have OVERNERFED (yes it is real) /!;

Fourth I realize I will never be taken seriously and therefore convert to the cult of Rieekan Acetrolls by reciting their credo;

Glory be to the dices; and to the range ruler, and to the holy movement tool;

as it was in Wave Zero, is now and is in Wave 6; WORLD WITHIUT RED DICES;

Amen, Amen!

good night and love to you all;

;;

I'm so confused... not sure if it's the language barrier or what but at times it seems like you have legitimate concerns.. but then at others it feels sarcastic and mocking.

I get that the credo thing was meant to be sarcastic.. I'm talking about the red dice thing.. so confused.....

or maybe it's not a language barrier and dices is just a word you like for some reason.. either way.. confused

Edited by durandal343

I think someone is butt hurt from getting beat by red dice.

*my posts are meant to be fully sarcastic in order to help lighten the moods of people whom have little laughter in their own lives. Life is too short. You could step out of your home tomorrow and get crushed by a passing AT AT

12 hours ago, durandal343 said:

I'm so confused... not sure if it's the language barrier or what but at times it seems like you have legitimate concerns.. but then at others it feels sarcastic and mocking.

I get that the credo thing was meant to be sarcastic.. I'm talking about the red dice thing.. so confused.....

or maybe it's not a language barrier and dices is just a word you like for some reason.. either way.. confused

I was confused if it was serious or trolly, and then he made the comment about Cthulu Rieekan and I knew the OP was trolling. 

Kudos to Rettere for staying in character for so long. Get those red dices nerfed since you have nothing better to do.

On 17 May 2017 at 6:20 PM, FourDogsInaHorseSuit said:

I'm going to pretend this was actually the wordfilter removing "meme" and hope that people will stop these ironic threads that were played out in wave two. Of X wing.

I'm going to have to call an "Alana Morissette" warning for un ironic content. The thread was sarcastic in nature, not ironic.

1 hour ago, Jondavies72 said:

I'm going to have to call an "Alana Morissette" warning for un ironic content. The thread was sarcastic in nature, not ironic.

It's cute when people get pedantic about definitions. Because they're usually wrong. Unless you actually believe this thread means to nerf the attack dice? 

8 minutes ago, FourDogsInaHorseSuit said:

It's cute when people get pedantic about definitions. Because they're usually wrong. Unless you actually believe this thread means to nerf the attack dice? 

I thought irony is supposed to point out paradoxes, contradictions, and beliefs in things that aren't their ('Ah, good Iago', **Thundering Hail** 'What a beautiful day!') or similar things, and sarcasm was supposed to be a more offensive sounding (though not necessarily with that as an intent) version (**Person 'A' bumps his head**, Person 'B': 'Watch your head', Person 'A': 'Are you going to eat that chicken?' Person 'B': 'No, of course not. Why would I eat chicken? What did it do to me? No, I think I'll starve, rather than eat.')*?

*My most sincere apologies to those reading the examples. . . I know they're bad, but they're what I came up with on the spur of the moment.

2 hours ago, Jondavies72 said:

it's alanis not alana !;

go back to school /l2play; Acetroll red dices abuser! ;;

;;;

;;

;

2 hours ago, HoundsTooth said:

"Feed the trolls, tuppence a bag. Tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a bag."

I'm Mary Poppins, Y'all!

I can't help it I've been stuck at home for 2 months after major surgery and I'm on stupid levels of opiates, so I'm bored and have no ability to regulate or make rational choices...........I'll take all the bags you've got.

3 hours ago, NobodyInParticular said:

I thought irony is supposed to point out paradoxes, contradictions, and beliefs in things that aren't their ('Ah, good Iago', **Thundering Hail** 'What a beautiful day!') or similar things, and sarcasm was supposed to be a more offensive sounding (though not necessarily with that as an intent) version (**Person 'A' bumps his head**, Person 'B': 'Watch your head', Person 'A': 'Are you going to eat that chicken?' Person 'B': 'No, of course not. Why would I eat chicken? What did it do to me? No, I think I'll starve, rather than eat.')*?

*My most sincere apologies to those reading the examples. . . I know they're bad, but they're what I came up with on the spur of the moment.

There a three potential forms of irony, two are agreed forms and the third most common "Alana/Alanis" form which is debated and not really considered true irony, most people would say it's infact coincidence. So the three possible forms are:

1) the guy who was afraid to fly.....got on a plane and it crashed is arguably "coincidence" and not ironic. Infact the whole of that famous song was based around a number of coincidences........ Although the lyrics the song would have be a bit **** if she had stuck to the actual formal rules of irony..... ( which is ironic, maybe). Infact most common uses of "irony" in modern laungauge fall into this debated category.

2)Socratic irony is a form of true irony, in this form of irony you "fake" ignorance to highlight another's ignorance. Used when debating with another.

3) Dramatic irony is the second true form of irony, this is the incongruence of an individual's language against what is actually being observed. Used in entertainment. 

I had better leave it there and go back to school. It seems I'm ill educated, as evidenced by my poor recollection of the names of "has been" pop stars (even ones I fancied when younger).

Edited by Jondavies72

4 hours ago, NobodyInParticular said:

Irony is any attempt to convey meaning opposite to the actual communication.

4 hours ago, FourDogsInaHorseSuit said:

Irony is any attempt to convey meaning opposite to the actual communication.

Not always.

It could be just a dissemble joke.

There are life's ironies.:D what are actually some kind of paradoxes.

But it could be that irony is not an straight translation in my language so I will let that debate for you.

24 minutes ago, ovinomanc3r said:

Not always.

It could be just a dissemble joke.

There are life's ironies.:D what are actually some kind of paradoxes.

But it could be that irony is not an straight translation in my language so I will let that debate for you.

Yes always. By the very definition of irony.

1 hour ago, FourDogsInaHorseSuit said:

Yes always. By the very definition of irony.

There are three definitions/types of irony, one of which in not considered a formal use of irony at all and is hotly debated.  

The use of Irony is an extremly complex form of communication and it's form varies significantly between the three types, infact using a definative statement such as " By the very definition of irony" could be precieved in itself as using one of the formal forms of irony, depending on the context and delivery of the statement. 

It all gets even worse when you then introduce the concepts of sarcasm, coincidence and incongruence/dishonesty vs the three concepts of irony,.........it turns into a serious pile of old ****, that you could argue around and around until you died of old age. 

In truth there is very little true use of the two formal forms of irony in modern debate/discussion/entertainment as it's far easier to use more blunt instruments and fool people into thinking they are ironic (such as all the coincidences in jagged little pill), which actually if you think about it could infact have be a very clever use of dramatic irony on the part of Alanis........God I love irony.

Certain cultures and languages are more "irony" prone in debate and entertainment than others, generally the more "say what you mean"/congruent a society or language the less you will see formal irony used. Two reasons the British are considered "good with irony" 1) The English language is full of double/triple or false meanings 2) island cultures are generally less congruent than continental based cultures (British and Japanese cultures are far more similar in style of social interaction, compared to say American or most continental European cultures, even though British culture as a whole shares far more commonality with America and Europe).

Edited by Jondavies72

15 hours ago, NobodyInParticular said:

Yeah for instance a wingless fly called 'Fly' would be ironic, no? That's not a meaning opposite to intent exactly, is it?

You have communicated the word "Fly". This fly is unable to fly. The meaning (in this case a specific insect) is opposite to what you have conveyed. Unless you're confusing irony with homonyms? In which cast it wouldn't be irony because it is the name of the insect and not any statement about it's capabilities. But then the name becomes ironic again because they're called flies because they fly around.
So layers:
"Fly" the wingless fly is ironic.
A fly without wings is not ironic.
Wingless flies are ironic.

Just what we need in our plastic spaceship game: Overloading operators. (Homonyms are function overloads for linguistics!)

1 hour ago, FourDogsInaHorseSuit said:

Just what we need in our plastic spaceship game: Overloading operators. (Homonyms are function overloads for linguistics!)

But aren't overloaded operators already linguistics, because they're an aspect of a programming language?

*X-Files theme*