Hirgon looks fun, and he has nice traits! 

I am surprised the deck example in the article did not include any copies of Galadhon Archer or Marksman of Lorien. Those seem like they would fit perfectly with him.

35 minutes ago, donkler said:

Hirgon looks fun, and he has nice traits! 

I am surprised the deck example in the article did not include any copies of Galadhon Archer or Marksman of Lorien. Those seem like they would fit perfectly with him.

Agreed.  Galadhon Archer, Marksman of Lorien, and potentially Knight of Minas Tirith all have some fun synergy with Hirgon.  He seems like a good fit with Tactics Imrahil, who is already running high on tactics allies.  Red Arrow slots into that deck perfectly.

I like the look of the beneath the sands scenario - although their example deck is not one that thematically works overly well, quite hard to imagine going through a labyrinth of tunnels with Ent and eagle allies, but hey maybe the tunnels are huge.

I'm going to keep my comments here instead of the new thread.  Spoilers Ahead!!!

After reflection I realized that I DID get pretty unlucky in the game.  The "boss" spider doesn't drop down from here web until you reach stage 3 UNLESS you draw a certain 1 of location... which I drew on the first turn of the game.  After the location is explored she goes back to her web, but as per usual nowadays, as you advance to the next stage you shuffle the discard pile back into the deck.  I drew that location again shortly.

But there are also effects in the game that simply don't scale with the number of players, so I think that this one is particularly hard on solo players compared to three player for example.  As spoiled by FFG in the announcement article yu are always strugling to stay "On Track", but when you are on track the quest notches up the difficulty.  For example if yu are On Track you cannot cancel When Revealed effects at a certain stage.  Being On Track and Off Track essentially requires you to reveal an extra card per turn, but in different ways, and this does not scale.  Which is why I think this one favors multi-player.

Awesome player cards in this box btw.

20 hours ago, PocketWraith said:

Yeah, I'd say no. It works for using Vilya on attachments because they're put into play rather than played, but events are still played by Vilya, so the restriction would apply.

What'd you mean by "works for using Vilya on attachments?" Just curious what restrictions that gets around.

57 minutes ago, Chris51261 said:

What'd you mean by "works for using Vilya on attachments?" Just curious what restrictions that gets around.

Ent Draught can only be played if you control an Ent character, but since attachments are *put into play* by Vilya rather than being actually played you can dodge that restriction. That's the only one I can think of (Elrond enables you to play Lembas anyway), but there could theoretically be more in the future.

Won my second attempt.  Did a bit of turtling on 1A and was lucky to be able to keep recurring an easy location with Off Track.  I also had a couple of side quests come up which further enabled the strategy.  Both decks treated me pretty well.  Brood Mother is a tough kill.