Sign in to follow this  
Celestial Lizards

Imperial Veterans II?

So when I first saw Imp Vets, I thought "Wow, these ships really needed some fixes, and now they've got them." I think there should be another Imp Vets pack. I expect a TIE Punisher and Lambda. These ships never really took off (although the Lambda did, but only as a Doomshuttle or Palpmobile). Maybe the Decimator? Or a new ship entirely? TIE Oppressor? TIE Reaper? Assault Gunboat? Thoughts?

22 minutes ago, tortugatron said:

It would be good to have an interceptor that isn't affected by bombs. 

We have that already.  None of mine have hit a bomb in months, sitting in their foam trays.

32 minutes ago, Jehan Menasis said:

Personally, I'd like to avoid the addition of more FrankensTIEs to the game... The Aggressor is already crossing the line for me...

I prefer to improve already existing miniatures.

We need more than that.  The Imperial MO is no longer effective; making arc-dodgers more arc-dodgy is useless.

The Imperials should have the idea of Palpatine (control the battlefield from a command ship) that is not so OP.

36 minutes ago, Jehan Menasis said:

Personally, I'd like to avoid the addition of more FrankensTIEs to the game... The Aggressor is already crossing the line for me...

I prefer to improve already existing miniatures.

Tie/Rc in this case :) :

TIErc.jpg.374aeefaf0d6be5a9a0ee51f0a7689e1.jpg

Edited by Arkanta974

A crazy idea this time :D

First we take him :

A tie/Gt predecessor of the Tie Bomber who can shoot missile or torpedo

Tiegt.jpg.05c089c1f7b3711e803611675d58138b.jpg

With this :

A tie/fc who give target lock(system icon ?) for tie/gt or for any tie fighter. More nimble than a standard tie fighter.

Tiefc.jpg.e7f541923f84c37df53358dffef177a4.jpg

Of course we have the Targeting Synchronizer but why not  use this ability for this two ships ?

Edited by Arkanta974

29 minutes ago, BadMotivator said:

How about a modification that made you immune to bombs?

Ordinance Countermeasures: cost 2 Imperial only: Your ship does not suffer the effects of overlapped bombs or mines. Your ship gains +1 agility vs secondary weapon attacks.

Matchup dependent. In half your games, you go through a massive NPE because you wasted two points and a mod per ship on something that's entirely useless. In the other half, your opponent goes through a massive NPE because your upgrades completely invalidate his list. Can you imagine flying three K-Wings and running into this? There's absolutely nothing you can do with two attack dice and zero bombs. 

16 minutes ago, Ailowynn said:

Matchup deinterceptorsalf your games, you go through  a massive NPE because you wasted two points and a mod per ship on something that's entirely useless. In the other half, your opponent goes through a massive NPE because your upgrades completely invalidate his list. Can you imagine flying three K-Wings and running into this? There's absolutely nothing you can do with two attack dice and zero bombs. 

Well Kwing players deserve to suffer as much as my ninterceptors do.

1 hour ago, BadMotivator said:

How about a modification that made you immune to bombs?

Ordinance Countermeasures: cost 2 Imperial only: Your ship does not suffer the effects of overlapped bombs or mines. Your ship gains +1 agility vs secondary weapon attacks.

While I appreciate your sentiment.. I fail to see how you can fit a device to any ship rendering it immune from an EXPLOSION.

Also, why do only imperial ships need avoidance for mines and bombs?y