Sign in to follow this  
RufusDaMan

Has powercreep in other factions snuck up behind the Imperials?

4 hours ago, markcsoul said:

After a game tonight I have to say once again, triple imp aces are still one of the hardest if not THE hardest matchups in xwing for me as a jousting player.

The combination of high ps, high agility, arc dodging, and defensive modifiers is just brutal. And many can hit pretty hard as well.

I mentioned in another thread that I'm fine with nerfing some of the top ships and upgrades, but please don't buff aces.

Exactly! The solution is to fix the broken ones, not to buff the good ones till they are also broken.

5 hours ago, markcsoul said:

After a game tonight I have to say once again, triple imp aces are still one of the hardest if not THE hardest matchups in xwing for me as a jousting player.

The combination of high ps, high agility, arc dodging, and defensive modifiers is just brutal. And many can hit pretty hard as well.

I mentioned in another thread that I'm fine with nerfing some of the top ships and upgrades, but please don't buff aces.

I played my brother the other night with might current Imperial list. It's not super arc dodgy, it has Jax, but is mostly all about alpha joust.

Jax is a jerk. When I screamed forward 5, boost & roll and end up out of arc and range 1 of Lothal Rebel and Ahsoka so all of his synergy is blown it was pretty much game over unless he hit some hot unmodified dice rolls. 

We talked about the fact that maybe he should have an AB turret on which certainly would have stopped me from doing what I did and evened the odds a lot. 

Some things just need to exist to keep Aces in check because they can be really disheartening to play against. I agree that Aces don't need a buff but at the same time it's possible we have gone past the point of critical mass of Ace hate cards out there. 

effing FFG couldn't even make Unguided Rockets Imperial only.

Only 3 ships exist that can take it and all 3 are Imperial, but they decided to leave it open for the other factions and future releases. Meanwhile the Scum and Rebel ships get Arc Casters (an Imperial invention) and Pulsed Ray shields...

Defenders don't even get a new Cannon after the nerf to the x7 evade. Jeebus.

Edited by Vulf