Sign in to follow this  
FrogTrigger

Droid lists?

Just curious what others have been testing so far with their new droid toys?

I think the list I like so far, in limited test runs, is:

12 IG-88 w/ Focus on the Kill
9 R. HK's w/ Targeting Computer
3 E. Jawa
2 C3P0
6 BT-1
4 0-0-0
1 Temp Alliance
3 Gideon

IG-88 and BT-1 are both self focusing, 0-0-0 has a melee attack but the majority of his moves I find he is de buffing. So that leaves the HK's and the Jawa, both of which hit pretty dang hard, both of which are quite fearsome while focused. I've played around with those last 4 points quite a bit but I find having 2 focused HK's each round and every now and then the Jawa, has justified using those 4 to get Gideon.

Hired Guns would be nice on objective heavy maps, R. Nexu isn't bad either.. but the more variety you introduce the more variety you need in the command cards to fully utilize the unit. Focusing the cards around droid, hunter, heavy weapon fills up enough slots without adding more traits. I've struggled with throwing On the Lam in there or not.. potentially saving your E. Jawa's life for another hard hitting attack..

I haven't worked on too many lists at the moment (waiting on my store getting my stuff in) but I was brewing some stuff including

7 Elite Jet Troopers w/ targeting computer

6 BT-1 w/ targeting computer

5 Elite Probe Droid

5 Elite Probe Droid

3 Probe Droid

3 Probe Droid

1 Zillo Technique

Edited by Tripedge

1 hour ago, Tripedge said:

I haven't worked on too many lists at the moment (waiting on my store getting my stuff in) but I was brewing some stuff including

6 BT-1 w/ targeting computer

5 Elite Probe Droid

5 Elite Probe Droid

3 Probe Droid

3 Probe Droid

3 Probe Droid

1 Zillo Technique

I hope that's not your list because Targeting Computer costs 1 and that list is 43pts:D

19 hours ago, FrogTrigger said:

Just curious what others have been testing so far with their new droid toys?

I think the list I like so far, in limited test runs, is:

12 IG-88 w/ Focus on the Kill
9 R. HK's w/ Targeting Computer
3 E. Jawa
2 C3P0
6 BT-1
4 0-0-0
1 Temp Alliance
3 Gideon

IG-88 and BT-1 are both self focusing, 0-0-0 has a melee attack but the majority of his moves I find he is de buffing. So that leaves the HK's and the Jawa, both of which hit pretty dang hard, both of which are quite fearsome while focused. I've played around with those last 4 points quite a bit but I find having 2 focused HK's each round and every now and then the Jawa, has justified using those 4 to get Gideon.

Hired Guns would be nice on objective heavy maps, R. Nexu isn't bad either.. but the more variety you introduce the more variety you need in the command cards to fully utilize the unit. Focusing the cards around droid, hunter, heavy weapon fills up enough slots without adding more traits. I've struggled with throwing On the Lam in there or not.. potentially saving your E. Jawa's life for another hard hitting attack..

I really don't think you need Gideon, I agree the TComp should be on BT not the HKs. I think there's enough command cards now that focus droids, others, that you can do without Gideon and may get more mileage out of Hired Guns, Ugnaught or another eJawa and devious scheme. There are several Leader trait cards like Field technician and inspired speech or battlefield leadership for example, that could be beneficial to a list like this.  I hate that IG is 12pts instead of 10 and my first all droid lists had 2 eJawas and droids, but IG is really good with his focus on the kill, so I think you may take the pain of not being able to fit as many droids as 2 ejawa's would allow.  I'm maybe too thematic, but I like the Jawa's victory point smuggler's shenanigans as well.

Edited by buckero0

On 5/15/2017 at 8:55 PM, MadFuhrer said:

put the targetting computer on bt-1, add a regular probe droid, and devious scheme.

yes, I feel like TC is an auto include for BT1. So darn efficient especially if you do the missile salvo. 

Edited by NeverBetTheFett
mistype

I've got a really janky list that I haven't had the opportunity to play yet. It's not really designed to be good, but just trying some combinations out to see what works.

12 - IG-88 (with Focused on the Kill)

7 - BT-1 (with Prey on the Weak)

9 - HK Assassin Droids (with Explosive Armaments)

6 - MHD-19 (with Trusted Ally)

3 - Elite Jawa Scavenger

2 - C-3P0

1 - Black Market

On May 17, 2017 at 0:55 PM, Crabhand said:

I've got a really janky list that I haven't had the opportunity to play yet. It's not really designed to be good, but just trying some combinations out to see what works.

12 - IG-88 (with Focused on the Kill)

7 - BT-1 (with Prey on the Weak)

9 - HK Assassin Droids (with Explosive Armaments)

6 - MHD-19 (with Trusted Ally)

3 - Elite Jawa Scavenger

2 - C-3P0

1 - Black Market

Maybe I'm wrong on this, but don't you have to attach Prey on the Weak to a Mercenary unit?

My basic Droid Revolution list;

IG88 w/Focused on the Kill

3x HK Assassin Droid

Temporary Alliance

C-3P0

Scavenged Weaponry

Keep one group of Hk's back as a long-bomb team, with Scavenged Weaponry on them.  C-3P0 focuses one of the first turn, after that either parks himself on a terminal or stays to pump out focus, depending on the mission I guess.

Loop Shared Experience from dead HK's to keep that Focus coming as IG slowly advances with some medium range HK support.  Play Hunter cards as they come up.  See what happens.

I used to like Prey on the Weak on HK's right up until the Weequays came out, increasing the odds of Prey not working at all.  It's still pretty handy on Bossk to keep his shotgun at a respectable distance.

2 hours ago, cleardave said:

Maybe I'm wrong on this, but don't you have to attach Prey on the Weak to a Mercenary unit?

No, you attach each skirmish upgrade to a deployment card of your choice, limit one per deployment card. You can only bring skirmish  upgrades of your own affiliation, but the affiliation of the deployment card does not matter when you attach them.

I realize this is old, but are you able to attach scavenged weaponry to BT-1 and add 1 damage to each of his attacks when using missile salvo? The special activation says "perform 3 attacks" while the scavenged weaponry says "when you declare an attack."

1 hour ago, Chabuda said:

I realize this is old, but are you able to attach scavenged weaponry to BT-1 and add 1 damage to each of his attacks when using missile salvo? The special activation says "perform 3 attacks" while the scavenged weaponry says "when you declare an attack."

You exhaust it when you use it so its only for 1 attack.

3 hours ago, Chabuda said:

Yeah better to just attach "Targeting Computer" for the rerolls. You'll get much more damage overall.

Lol, I was running him with Explosive Armaments just for funsies, pairing him with Drokkatta for lots of blast and splash damage. TC is way better, but with Collateral Damage, EA, Hera and Blitz to add surges, and BT’s blast 1, you can potentially do 5 damage to an adjacent figure. It only happens about once a tournament, but it’s so hilariously awesome it’s almost worth it. 

-ryanjamal