Sign in to follow this  
HexxUK

Undimension and Unseen - Set Up Question + Advancing Act 2 (+Moving engaged enemies!)**Spoilere**

I was really enjoying this campaign, but a couple of confusing sections of rules threw this pack right off

Is the Brood of Yog-Sothoth section right?

If 4 people were sacrificed you only have 2 (set aside) broods to fight? The rest are out of game?

But if only one was scarificed you have 2 in play, and 3 set aside? i.e. despite doing better last time, this section is much much harder?

I've killed all 3 broods that spawned (The Agenda advanced to spawn another)

But I can't advance the Act 2 as it requires no broods in play OR set aside - I still have 2 set aside?

So I can't progress the act and presumably have to wait for 2 more Agenda advances?

I'm also struggling with the movement of the broods

It's an enemy that's engaged with an investigator and brought me right to a halt in the game.

In the end decided they'd move away from investigator, without the investigator following.

No idea what to do if they're exhausted though. Decided it was the 'Move' section of the enemy phase so exhausted could still move based on the FORCED element of Agenda.

I guess Yog-Sothoth is more frustrated if there were fewer sacrifices. Balance-wise, I guess it's to stop snowballing in either direction.

Removed from the game is not the same as set-aside. So you can advance if all remaining Broods are removed from the game.

They move away, whether they're ready or exhausted (the only enemy movement that requires the enemy being ready is from the hunter keyword). Also, Broods are massive, so they're not in any investigator's threat area. And there's no text that makes the investigators move as well, so they don't.

I had read the advance condition as two sides with an OR in the middle: that is, you advance when you do clean Dunwich OR when there are no set aside Broods( all of them in the table). The second side is not according to the advance resolution but it can be understood from the wording of the sentence and the usual outcome is to have cleaned Dunwich. 

It's a bit weird but the sentence can lead to this conclusion, isn't it? 

Otherwise, do you have to keep waiting the Brood to be played into game to finish them?? 

Thanks! 

It's technically correct and unambiguous, because it's a negative qualifier, so "or" is appropriate to include both conditions.

You have to defeat all of the brood to advance act 2, both set aside and in play. You do get to ignore the ones removed from the game, though.

6 hours ago, Paligru said:

Otherwise, do you have to keep waiting the Brood to be played into game to finish them??

Yes. They're invisible; you have to wait for them to show some sign of their presence before you can start hunting them. Note that the Agenda deck will naturally pull two of them into the game on its own. If the last Brood hasn't shown up by the time you take out its siblings, you can try digging for it with various Mystic cards (Scrying, Alyssa, Delve Too Deep, or Drawn to the Flame) or just hanging out in the Village drawing for Will-boosters.