Sign in to follow this  
player996970

Display Box seeding was changed?

I've opened like 3 boxes of SoR and there is something that bothers me: the first box was mostly Hero cards, but let's say it was luck. The second one netted 25+ Hero cards, just one Villain Legendary, and there were two C-3PO and a couple of Imperial Discipline (I have plenty of both now, considering I play Villains, the heroes golden robot is completely useless for me).

Furthermore there was not a single Blackmail in all the boxes our community opened, while there were quite a few of the Chirrut bow-gun and the wookie bowcaster. And so far there were just two Makashi Training. That's from 10-11 boxes total!

I know there is luck involved, but the transition to boxes where you can open double of the rares and the lack of fair share of Hero/Villain cards wasn't a good idea. With Awakenings I got mostly fair share of cards and never got a double from a single box.

Please share your experience.

Edited by player996970

10-11 boxes is a tiny sample set.  You just had bad luck.  These things happen.  I've opened 4 and a half boxes, obtaining at least 2 of every rare and a good variety of legendaries, with only 4 triplicate legendaries.  I think I'm 9 legendaries away from a full play set.

Your anecdote says that the boxes aren't randomized and that you'll either get a hero or villain box.  My anecdote says they're randomized just fine.  Neither anecdote is useful in determining the truth of the situation as both are based on tiny sample sets.

Open 100 boxes and see what happens.  Open 1000 boxes and see what happens.  You'd probably find a roughly equal numbers between different rares and legendaries.

I myself have opened 4 boxes and if we don't count what I got a pre-release this is what it broke down into

At least 2 full playsets of commons

only uncommon I did not get 2 of was Friends in High places

2 of every rare except Journals of Ben Kenobi and Con Artist I got 1 of each

every legendary and was only missing 10 legendaries for a playset.

I got quite a bit of trading fodder as well to round out my playset once I am done trading.

Only triple Legendary I got was Rocket Launcher and I received 2 of each character legendary except Chewbacca

I got almost everything in two boxes, five boosters, and trading two legendary(s). Although, I don't have two of all (or even one of some) the legendary(s). My spread of rares was wonderful. Only one Fast Hands tho.

Edited by dpb1298

23 hours ago, Stu35 said:

Correlation does not equal causation.

Anecdote does not equal data.

Well aware of that, but then when it's something that repeats itself in the cases I observed - I needed other people's experience to be able to judge, hence my question about it. Too easy to dismiss w/o data too, but that's just ignorance. And fact is nobody around me got dobles from a box in Awakenings.

As it looks - obviously bad luck on my side. Too bad I didsome trades and there is no reason to continue opening boostersbecause of the few cards I need. Problem is when nobody around here has them :)

6 boxes (34 loose packs as... Which netted me 2 legendaries...) and not a single command shuttle, only 2 C3P0. Everything else though I got duplicates or a wide selection. Ended up with 4 maz's goggles and 3 force speeds. But only 1 Palp and no baze. So, it feels like it was completely random to me, but favored yellow a bit.