jek

Daqan command cards!

Which Rune does Nerekhall Hexer want? It looks like the green rune but I'm not sure. Being able to force morale seems kind of cool.

The banner that gives Steadfast (Fear) is cool. It's a little pricey but it does make a unit much more resistant to severity one morale tests. You go from just under a 50% chance of pulling a card that can do something at for one moral to under a 25% chance.

Rallying Cornicen looks amazing. All of your nearby allies essentially get an inspiration token that is immediately spent.

Edited by WWHSD

42 minutes ago, Polda said:

I sincerely hope Waiqar will get access to Rank Disciple outside of the core set.

Otherwise the talk about only having to buy stuff for your faction falls flat on its face. 

But you want Combat Ingenuity....

11 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

But you want Combat Ingenuity....

On Archers. Partyworms and larger Reanimate units can use that extra reroll too. 

BTW: @jek @Tvayumat Is there just one copy of each of the neutral upgrade cards in these?

Edited by Polda

1 hour ago, TallGiraffe said:

Little underwhelming compared to the Waiqar stuff. But hey! We got Rank Discipline.

That's logical. Daqan are currenty overpowered. Why? Because their strength is having better movility and better initiative. They're quite good standalone fighters.

Waiqar are weaker in general, but they rely on dangerous combos and sinergies. That's why these releases will be in general better for waiqar. Because we need it and we are meant to be played this way.

53 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

And Lingering Dead for Reanimates? 

Don't get me wrong, I like the grindy Reanimates with Lingering that but I seriously dislike putting these neutral upgrades into packs you don't need.

Maybe you want to change things up and get more consistent rolls on your 3x2 Reanimates to fish for specific results or Daqan rune manipulation takes off in a huge way and you won't be getting as much mileage from Regenerating the Lingering trays.

Can I not build trashy lists on the cheap? :D

Edited by Polda

I thought Rank Discipline was in something else already...I assume it will either be in the reanimates or lancer box...probably the lancer since it is really the only other unit that regularly would benefit from it...

48 minutes ago, jek said:

I thought Rank Discipline was in something else already...I assume it will either be in the reanimates or lancer box...probably the lancer since it is really the only other unit that regularly would benefit from it...

There are 3 neutral training cards in the lancer pack.

6 hours ago, Polda said:

I sincerely hope Waiqar will get access to Rank Disciple outside of the core set.

Otherwise the talk about only having to buy stuff for your faction falls flat on its face. 

Essential pack has one.  So you technically do not need to cross faction.

14 minutes ago, Sulfurious said:

Maybe it's just me but I really like the Lance Corporal.  Gives the Spearman a lot of defensive potential in combat and gives the init 3 melee attack some extra punch.

Definitely. With it and Shield Wall, you can frequently be Defense 2 (against one enemy, anyway). Attack at 3 and LC into defense, next turn attack at 3 and shield wall, then rally +1 defense and start over again. Lets them maintain reasonable offense while being pretty sticky (8 damage per tray is the same as Rune Golems, and MUCH more resilient to mortal strikes).

A Rallying Cornicen and/or Lord Hawthorne nearby only improve matters.

With that kind of durability, a Lion Standard Bearer might be essential to mitigate the morale side of things.