divinityofnumber

GenCon 50: Attack on Dol Guldur

Hi, I have a question - I can't be on GenCon, but my friend will be. Is it any chance to get scenario (and promo card of course)? How he can do this?

Thanks

Luke

On 31/5/2017 at 11:48 PM, alexbobspoons said:

12 players. ... so that's another x3 purchase when it hits stores eek :)

Is it neccessary with multiple packs to play 12? Maybe a dumb question but these kind of epic scenarios are unknown to me

31 minutes ago, mr.thomasschmidt said:

Is it neccessary with multiple packs to play 12? Maybe a dumb question but these kind of epic scenarios are unknown to me

As I understand it, you can play 1 to 4 players with a single pack but if you want to use the epic rules and run a 12 player game (which this is the first scenario you can do that) then you need 3 packs. 

I suspect you could play 4 players 3 times over with a single pack but I think that at specific stages the parties interact and affect each other so it wouldn't quite work. 

I bought 3 packs. At some point in the distant future I want to run a solo 12 handed game :) it will take weeks just to design decks from available cards :)

The way the Epic Multiplayer mode works is this: You can either play it as a normal quest, with one copy and 1-4 players, or in "Epic Multiplayer Mode" as 3 simultaneous games, each of which can have 1-4 players. Because of the way the games affect one another, it wouldn't be intelligible to try to do epic multiplayer mode with a single copy of the quest--you'd definitely need one for each separate game.

Seige of Annuminas was the first quest to work this way, and Attack on Dol Guldur will be the second. You definitely don't need extra copies of any of the other quests, because they do not support Epic Multiplayer Mode.

15 hours ago, Authraw said:

Seige of Annuminas was the first quest to work this way, and Attack on Dol Guldur will be the second.

And the final two quests of Mountain of Fire can be played simultaneously as a two-table Epic Multiplayer game.

Hehe when I posted my response above I had thought this was the siege of annuminas thread. 

Authraw is right, siege was the first, this will be the second. 

I don't THINK mountain of fire will require multiple purchases for its epic mode. ...

On 5/15/2017 at 5:22 PM, Calvadur said:

Fellowship or might even be only next year. How close were the Old Forest/Barrow-Downs released to the black riders?
One thing that makes me tend to the second option is, that the epic mode is perfect for fellowship events as it isn't that easy to get enough players together for a 12 player round and the events increase the chance of a larger player-count. On the other hand a "fellowship" event would fit nicely for the last quest of the campagne (but that holds true for next your, where we maybe only get scouring for both events or an other non-epic GenCon quest).

The info text doesn't give away much information about the quest itself. Would be interessting if this is the actual destruction (what could make an integration into the the saga campagne possible, though unlikely) or a made-up one without deeper meaning. Hoping for the first :)

Those scenarios were the year after (essentially) black rider came out.

Celeborn is only ankle deep, so I wouldn't take it for granted that it's a sea instead of a freshwater body of water.  While the ship behind has a sail, it's very small.

Celeborn did eventually take a ship to the Undying Lands, though the date is not recorded.  Ruling Lorien just wasn't the same without Galadriel.  In the LOTR prologue it states

"It is said that Celeborn went to dwell there [Rivendell] after the departure or Galadriel; but there is no record of the day when at last he sought the Grey Havens, and with him went the last living memory of the Elder Days in Middle Earth."