Jump to content
Click5

Waiqar Infantry Command

Recommended Posts

There's some fun stuff in this command expansion!

Simultaneous Orders: Might not get too much use at the moment, but this might be stellar pick later on in other units. It gets me rather excited for what's in store.

File Leader: Slightly expensive but with the right reading, you should be able to get the jump on an opponent's charge. Overall it might be too narrow or situational compared to all the other upgrades.

Captivating Hexer: Underwhelming and looks to be more acceptable on a smaller unit or flaker. I do feel that there's better options for the slot too.

Fallen Hero: I like this dude for both that extra hit point and the option of an extra upgrade for the unit.

Tactical Drummer: The effect is meh but that defense of 4 is very interesting. A unit featuring all of the high defense upgrades might be worth looking into.

Blighted Vexillum Bearer: It's been previewed before but I want to say how much I like this little guy. I really don't mind spending just 3 points to get out a free blight to a contacted enemy. One contact is enough to warrant the cost.

Raven Standard Bearer: I just love that defense of 4, but the effect will be interesting on the 3x2 unit of archer. I have to add that I'm not fully committed to running that size unit of archers (yet) but you can use this guy on the 2x2 unit with Ardus in the army too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the point of Simultaneous Orders is that one could bring multiple skill upgrades. For example a Support Carrion Lancer and a Deathcaller or Necromancer.

Blighted Vellixium is so awesome, but I think he gets taken out with the first accuracy roll by your opponent.

I really dig File Leader. He stops all those air-whiffs when you swing before the opponent's chargers hit you. One of the biggest downsides is that this upgrade is so expensive without adding the toughness of other heroes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Elliphino said:

I really dig File Leader. He stops all those air-whiffs when you swing before the opponent's chargers hit you. One of the biggest downsides is that this upgrade is so expensive without adding the toughness of other heroes.

File Leader also gets you additional attacks in a round if you are already engaged.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elliphino said:

At the risk of sounding ungrateful... @Tvayumat, got any other upgrade pics? Maybe the Daqan upgrades?

Unfortunately I didn't get my hands on the Daqan pack. Waiqar only saw fit to bestow me with his fleshless minions.

I got a look at them, and there are some very cool ones, but I don't remember the text well enough to comment specifically.

Blighted Vexillum seems to be low defense to make it possible to snipe before contact. If you accuracy him in melee, it's too late and he already did his job.

Edited by Tvayumat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elliphino said:

I really dig File Leader. He stops all those air-whiffs when you swing before the opponent's chargers hit you. One of the biggest downsides is that this upgrade is so expensive without adding the toughness of other heroes.

Which is great, but looking at its use on re-animates, it seems to be very situational... Reanimates attack is at 4, so Cavalry and Kari can bypass it by charging on 3... Golems and Spearmen can charge happily at 4 if they are first player, getting in before the dial is revealed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, maxam said:

Which is great, but looking at its use on re-animates, it seems to be very situational... Reanimates attack is at 4, so Cavalry and Kari can bypass it by charging on 3... Golems and Spearmen can charge happily at 4 if they are first player, getting in before the dial is revealed.

All of those are shorter charges though. I think the trick will be to put your opponent in a situation where they are either making a longer charge and eating the attack from File Leader or getting close enough to engage with a shorter charge and taking an extra round of ranged attacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, maxam said:

Which is great, but looking at its use on re-animates, it seems to be very situational... Reanimates attack is at 4, so Cavalry and Kari can bypass it by charging on 3... Golems and Spearmen can charge happily at 4 if they are first player, getting in before the dial is revealed.

You could also pair it with the raven standard bearer, reducing the Reanimate attack initiative to 3.

On a turn with initiative, you could repel even short range charges with speed like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simultaneous Orders, Dispatch Runner, and Fire Rune on a 3x2 block of Heavy Crossbowmen.

They can dial in a Ranged Attack and a Skill action. They attack with their normal ranged attack, then with their Fire Rune ranged attack and then finally grant a friendly unit a melee attack. It's 62 points but it's potentially dealing a bunch of damage in a short amount of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Tvayumat said:

You could also pair it with the raven standard bearer, reducing the Reanimate attack initiative to 3.

But the raven standard only reduces the initiative of blue actions though right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tvayumat said:

Unfortunately I didn't get my hands on the Daqan pack. Waiqar only saw fit to bestow me with his fleshless minions.

I got a look at them, and there are some very cool ones, but I don't remember the text well enough to comment specifically.

Blighted Vexillum seems to be low defense to make it possible to snipe before contact. If you accuracy him in melee, it's too late and he already did his job.

Do you recall in rough terms what the third wizard does? The one that's not the unstable geomancer or greyhaven channeler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My opinions:

Simultaneous orders: nice on daqan, but ATM almost useless on us. Maybe a 2x2 carrion lancer with fire rune.

File leader: excellent. It's perfect for big infantry units. We are easily outmaneuvered by daqan due to our low initiatives. Those hateful 1x1 golems will possibly die before they strike

Why in hell do they put Shield wall on reanimates?

Deathcaller and Necromancer are interesting, the hexer is not.

Fallen hero... might work or not.

Agressive drummer interesting

Raven standard bearer -> excellent combo with file leader

The others were already known or are not interesting

Edited by druchii7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, druchii7 said:

My opinions:

Simultaneous orders: nice on daqan, but ATM almost useless on us. Maybe a 2x2 carrion lancer with fire rune.

 

Support Lancer + Deathcaller + Simultaneous Orders

 

Your welcome

Edited by TallGiraffe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

Support Lancer + Deathcaller + Simultaneous Orders

 

Your welcome

Wind Rune and Simultaneous Orders on Carrion Lancers make them very mobile while still being able to spit Blight.

Reanimates are kind of limited to combos with the Support Lancer and their various Champions since none of the other slots have special actions on them yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

Wind Rune and Simultaneous Orders on Carrion Lancers make them very mobile while still being able to spit Blight.

Reanimates are kind of limited to combos with the Support Lancer and their various Champions since none of the other slots have special actions on them yet. 

You can deathcaller before an oponnent can respond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone has addressed the cards, but can we have some close-ups of the models please?

Especially the way the drummer is put together to see if the arms and drumm are separate from the body. It is very important to me for rules and gameplay reasons. :P Not like I want to turn him into the Fury Road flamethrower guitar guy or anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...