Click5

Waiqar Infantry Command

I just received a copy of the Waiqar Infantry Command expansion.  Perhaps this was a mistake on a certain online distributor shipping out product early, but alas, it just appeared on my doorstep nonetheless.

What is the policy here on spoilers?  Does anyone care to know about the remaining upgrades?

First impression of the product.... the packaging is unfortunate in that it is mostly a big waste of space, but I'm sure it will make sense with other expansions as FFG is most likely going for a bit of uniformity.  All contents arrived in good condition though.  And an extra infantry tray is included. 

Just now, Click5 said:

Nice picks.  Saved me the trouble ;)

Other than the mage with his silly staff, the models are really nice too.  I can see the sculpting improving in a hurry

I personally like the ribcage staff.

They improved the sculpt in a lot of ways since they used the same design in Battlelore. I like this wicked little fingernails.

1 minute ago, Click5 said:

but how is it attached to the stick???  

I figured the stick has an iron spike that's rammed up the spinal column, sort of like how all the Carrion Lancer bits are hammered into its hide, but at the same time... he IS a dessicated weirdo who hangs out with a legion of cackling skeletons so... I didn't figure that was all that important ;)

Edited by Tvayumat

Awesome thanks guys. How about the cardboard included? I know we've all assumed since it's a FFG game that they will provide a ton of tokens but just curious what exactly they threw into this pack

You get a piece of cardboard dividing the box in thirds, the cards, models, and tray all in separate bags, and a folded up flyer that has an assembly guide, credits, and lists the components.  

The box is the new thin cardboard material they are using more often with their LCGS.  

No tokens.

5 minutes ago, Click5 said:

It's the Skill symbol

It seems like they could have worded it a little better. As written it seems like it will give infinite skill uses for any unit with 2 or more available skills.

5 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

It seems like they could have worded it a little better. As written it seems like it will give infinite skill uses for any unit with 2 or more available skills.

Nah, it's fine.

"After" in the RRG says "An "after"" effect occurs immediately after the specified event and cannot occur again for that instance of the event."

Also:

It triggers on the event of "performing [skill]" and can't trigger on the second one, since you're just "resolving the effects of [skill]" and not actually performing the action as well.

EDIT: Corrected

Edited by Tvayumat

1 minute ago, Tvayumat said:

Nah, it's fine.

"After" in the RRG says "An "after"" effect occurs immediately after the specified event and cannot occur again during that instance of the event."

EDIT: Corrected to After, still true.

Okay, I just reread the card. It doesn't have you perform another skill, it just has you resolve the effects of the skill. 

That keeps it from continually triggering.

FFG is notorious in their packaging. They always make their boxes way to big. The latest biggest offender is Netrunner's Terminal Directive. It's a few stack of cards in this huge box.

I am pretty sure FFG does this because they know small boxes get lost on a self full of other small boxes but a big colorful box will be seen and bought. Mean while store owners and struggling to find shelf space for all those over sized boxes.