stormblest

Quadjumper Build

I just picked up two of them, and haven't had a chance to use them. Been thinking about something like this:

Asajj Crane (100)

Constable Zuvio (29) - Quadjumper
Trick Shot (0), Bombardier (1), Thermal Detonators (3), Pattern Analyzer (2), Scavenger Crane (2), Spacetug Tractor Array (2)

Binayre Pirate (13) - Z-95 Headhunter
Black Market Slicer Tools (1)

Binayre Pirate (13) - Z-95 Headhunter
Black Market Slicer Tools (1)

Asajj Ventress (45) - Lancer-class Pursuit Craft
Veteran Instincts (1), Ketsu Onyo (1), Rigged Cargo Chute (1), Shadow Caster (3), Gyroscopic Targeting (2)

Honestly, your base generic with Spacetug Tractor Array and Pattern Analyser is solid by itself. Throw in something like Intel Agent for added value, or Ketsu crew when you're feeling more comfortable with the dial. It's a hell of a little workhorse for the points when paired with some heavy threat ships like Dengar, Party bus, Asajj, etc.

Fenn Rau and Old Teroch with PTL, Plasma Torps, Title, and Autothrusters. 

Zuvio with Adaptability, Cluster Mines, Spacetug Tractor Array,Outlaw Tech, And Hyperwave Comm Scanner.

Place Zuvio first and assign a focus to both Starfighters.  Send the 2 Starfighters 5 straight.  There is possibility you can boost and target lock on the first round for 4 dice shots on a ship.  Zuvio follows behind to block ships and tractor smaller ones into asteroids.  Adaptability helps you move first to drop a mine on top of somebody that gets close.

Fun list and Ive won more than I've lost. 

Cheap(ish) version:  Unkar Plutt: Spacetug Tractor Array, Pattern Analyzer, Ketsu Onyo (22 points)

Expensive version: Constable Zuvio:  Spacetug Tractor Array, Pattern Analyzer, Ketsu Onyo, Cluster mines, Scavenger Crane

Personally I like to go with the cheaper Unkar Plutt build and use him to jam up enemy ships and throw them around while dropping enemy ships defenses for my other ships to pick apart.  The Zuvio build does have its merits though if you can destroy something within range to get a second cluster mine to drop.

i' m testing this list:

Lancer-class Pursuit Craft: · Ketsu Onyo (38)
     Adaptability (Increase) (0)
     Gyroscopic targeting (2)
     · 4-LOM (1)
     · Shadow Caster (3)
Quadjumper: · Constable Zuvio (19)
     Adaptability (Increase) (0)
     Thermal Detonators (3)
     Spacetug Tractor Array (2)
     Bombardier (1)
     Scavenger Crane (2)
     Pattern Analyzer (2)
Quadjumper: · Unkar Plutt (17)
     Thermal Detonators (3)
     Spacetug Tractor Array (2)
     Bombardier (1)
     Scavenger Crane (2)
     Pattern Analyzer (2)
-- TOTAL ------- 100/100p. --

a full tractor beam list.

for now it work fine. need more test.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Fenn Rau — Protectorate Starfighter 28
Push the Limit 3
Autothrusters 2
Concord Dawn Protector 1
Ship Total: 34

Boba Fett (Scum) — Firespray-31 39
Adaptability 0
4-LOM 1
Homing Missiles 5
Extra Munitions 2
Slave I 0
Ship Total: 47

Jakku Gunrunner — Quadjumper 15
Intelligence Agent 1
Primed Thrusters 1
Spacetug Tractor Array 2
Ship Total: 19

I need to test an alternative version with Unkar (+Ketsu instead Agent) and a 4-points Missile on Boba. Or keeping the Homing and dropping something else (4LOM and moving Ketsu to Boba. Extra Muni and spending the point somewhere else. Extra Muni+4LOM and moving Ketsu to Boba and fitting back Intelligence Agent to Unkar).

Edited by Kharnete

Zuvio - Bombadier, Stay on Target, Tractor Array, Scavenger Crane, Cluster Mines, Pattern Analyser.

Reveal reverse, throw bomb 2 forward at opponent ship. SoT to 1 hard turn to avoid the bomb then tractor opponent through the rest of the bombs.

Edited by Sonikgav

4 hours ago, Sonikgav said:

Zuvio - Bombadier, Stay on Target, Tractor Array, Scavenger Crane, Cluster Mines, Pattern Analyser.

Reveal reverse, throw bomb 2 forward at opponent ship. SoT to 1 hard turn to avoid the bomb then tractor opponent through the rest of the bombs.

I'm definitely trying this. 

Keep them cheap, gunrunner, tractor, pattern analyzer. 19 points of ruining small based ships. If you have an extra point plutt crew is pretty solid. That ship singlehandedly wins games and once people cotton on to how scary it is they focus it and it's basically Biggs.

I've been playing two PS1 Quadjumpers w/Spacetug Tractor Array and Pattern Analyzer.  Give one of them the Ketsu Onyo crew.  Add in two Binayre Pirates and Fenn Rau w/the typical upgrades (make sure Expertise is one of them) and you're pretty solid.  It's not top tier, but it's super fun to fly and most opponents get frustrated as I'm constantly barrelling rolling their ships into rocks.

I took this to a small store tourney and had fun with it:

Slaver: Dengar, Zuckuss, Inspiring Recruit

Thug: TLT

Thug: TLT

Jakku Gunrunner: Spacetug Tractor Array, Intel Agent

People tend to try and kill the QJ first, but that isn't so bad.  When I got the TB off the Slaver and Thugs have little trouble laying in damage.  Against Aces let the Thugs shoot first to strip tokens so the Slaver has a better shot at laying in damage with Dengar + Zuckuss.

*edit* I went 3-1 but it was my bad flying that cost me a match more than anything else.  I didn't turn the Slaver hard enough on the initial engagement when they came from the side and it didn't have a shot, then I misjudged by a smidge and put it on a rock so it didn't get to fire.

Edited by Burius1981