Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Shadow345

We need a Greedo card!

Recommended Posts

'After this character activates, choose an opponent. That opponent may activate one of their characters.'

So essentially, turns one of the opponents characters into Jango. Balanced with him having a good die/health/cost, and I think he could be pretty fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kieransi said:

Yes please! Greedo is my favorite character. I would use him, no matter how bad he is!

You know, I get that someone might like Greedo, I do too. I love Rodians, they're cute. But favorite character? Really?

I mean, if a character that has around 1 minute of screen time and is there just to get killed in all of the 8 movies plus tv shows is your favorite character, that makes me wonder about your criteria of what exactly makes for a good character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see Greedo as a cheap character to bring out maybe in the realm of 7-8 points has a decent die nothing great. His card could read "When you activate this character your opponent must resolve all dice showing Ranged Damage. If they cannot resolve the die the must be removed from play."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Abyss said:

'After this character activates, choose an opponent. That opponent may activate one of their characters.'

So essentially, turns one of the opponents characters into Jango. Balanced with him having a good die/health/cost, and I think he could be pretty fun.

He was one shot and down in the movie so maybe 7 health

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Red Castle said:

You know, I get that someone might like Greedo, I do too. I love Rodians, they're cute. But favorite character? Really?

I mean, if a character that has around 1 minute of screen time and is there just to get killed in all of the 8 movies plus tv shows is your favorite character, that makes me wonder about your criteria of what exactly makes for a good character.

Bossk is my favourite character and he had less screen time.  For me I thought he looked cool, I got his action figure and he was always one of my fav action figures, growing up he won SO many battles.  He would always beat up chewie.  Then I heard in the 'lore' that trandoshans and Wookiee were enemies, I was like this is so cool!  So I can totally see Greedo being someone's fav

it's less about the movies and more all the other stuff, toys card games video games books comics etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Ywingscum said:

Bossk is my favourite character and he had less screen time.  For me I thought he looked cool, I got his action figure and he was always one of my fav action figures, growing up he won SO many battles.  He would always beat up chewie.  Then I heard in the 'lore' that trandoshans and Wookiee were enemies, I was like this is so cool!  So I can totally see Greedo being someone's fav

it's less about the movies and more all the other stuff, toys card games video games books comics etc

I know that it's not just about the movies, one of my favorite character is Asajj Ventress and she's not part of the movies. But that's the thing with Greedo, there was not much coverage about him except the movie. There's not a comic book serie about him, or a book, or a video game (that I know of). We see him a little bit in Clone Wars, but that's pretty much it.

But anyway, it was not meant to be an insult or anything, just a curiosity about the reasons why Greedo can actually be the favorite character of someone: ''Greedo shoot first!'' :P There's probably an obscure lore about him that I don't know, and I'm curious to learn about it.

Edited by Red Castle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think, to poke fun at the Han shot first truth, they should do the opposite. Something like your opponent can not activate a character until you have activated this character. 

 

Edit: But he will have 3 blanks, and only 1 ranged damage, a +1.

Edited by Tug-thug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Red Castle said:

You know, I get that someone might like Greedo, I do too. I love Rodians, they're cute. But favorite character? Really?

I mean, if a character that has around 1 minute of screen time and is there just to get killed in all of the 8 movies plus tv shows is your favorite character, that makes me wonder about your criteria of what exactly makes for a good character.

2 words: Boba Fett.

His popularity continues to baffle me.

 

That said: Shhhhh. Let people enjoy things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Red Castle said:

I know that it's not just about the movies, one of my favorite character is Asajj Ventress and she's not part of the movies. But that's the thing with Greedo, there was not much coverage about him except the movie. There's not a comic book serie about him, or a book, or a video game (that I know of). We see him a little bit in Clone Wars, but that's pretty much it.

But anyway, it was not meant to be an insult or anything, just a curiosity about the reasons why Greedo can actually be the favorite character of someone: ''Greedo shoot first!'' :P There's probably an obscure lore about him that I don't know, and I'm curious to learn about it.

The reason I like Greedo is just because I feel like he's the only character from Episode IV who still doesn't have any fans. He's not necessarily my "favorite" character, but I like that he's really the only character who still has some level of mystery related to him.

There's really no main character who you can't like in Star Wars. Han, Luke, Leia, Chewie, R2, 3PO, any of them could easily be my favorite, but we all know a lot about them already and it's also hard to pick amongst them.

It seems that you kind of have to pick an obscure character to be your "favorite" character, and I've never bought into the cult of Boba Fett. Greedo, like I said, is the only character who as far as I know doesn't really have a backstory, and thus he's the coolest, most mysterious character.

Actually, Billy Dee Williams agrees with me here. He was asked in an interview by Star Wars insider which character in all of Star Wars he'd like to see more of, and he also picked Greedo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...