Sign in to follow this  
buddhamangler

What are we missing?

This is not what I stated, sorry :) I said:

- in space X there's two possible actions, like Puzzle + Search
- you have 1 investigator in space X-1
- if investigator from space X-1 moves to X, he has one move step left, and one additional action, so, he either does Puzzle or he does Search, and if he then has to stay there because those element are important to the story, he wastes half of his movement
- if you have 1 other investigator arriving in space X-1 with one action left, he may push the first investigator so that neither of them wastes half actions

Hope it's clearer

9 hours ago, DMG said:

I thought I read that you can move a space, perform an action, then move the other space.  Possibly in a FAQ...

Could be wrong, though... :)

Edit: Bingo!  Found this in the FAQ:

Q. “Can an investigator interrupt a move action to take another action?”

A. Yes. For example, an investigator can move one space, perform a another action, such as a Search action or Explore action, then move a second space.

Yeah, that is true. But what Julia was implying was that if you knew you were going to need both your actions to do something in a space, you could have another investigator 'shove' you into that space so that you aren't burning an action on a Move action.

The way i explained it to  my group is that the "move" action really gives you two movement points which you can spend whenever during your turn. This isn't something from the rules, but the effect is one to one and it helps with remembering that you might've got movement left after you've performed a non-movement action, given that conditions permit it. 

Edited by Aelitafrommars

16 minutes ago, Aelitafrommars said:

The way i explained it to  my group is that the "move" action really gives you two movement points which you can spend whenever during your turn. This isn't something from the rules (...)

I'm 68% sure that it was clarified that's exactly how it works. They just haven't worded it this way in the rules because reasons.

Edited by tsuma534

On 22/05/2017 at 3:48 AM, DMG said:

I thought I read that you can move a space, perform an action, then move the other space.  Possibly in a FAQ...

Could be wrong, though... :)

Edit: Bingo!  Found this in the FAQ:

Q. “Can an investigator interrupt a move action to take another action?”

A. Yes. For example, an investigator can move one space, perform a another action, such as a Search action or Explore action, then move a second space.

This is correct.  Surprised the mighty Julia didn't know this :D

1 hour ago, palleon said:

It's not that she didn't, LOL. She was trying to explain the use of the Push mechanic to give another Investigator the ability to interact with multiple objects in a space.

3 hours ago, palleon said:

Does anyone but LordPyrex read what I write? :D:D:D If this is your attention span, then it's clear you miss some of the rules!!!! :D:D:D

I know that friggin' rule, but was talking about a completely DIFFERENT TOPIC, i.e. how to properly use push to max out the power of a single investigator. If you have one Puzzle using Agility and you have an investigator with 4 Agility one space from the puzzle, do you really want him to spend one action to move and attempt the puzzle ONCE, or is it smarter to have said investigator pushed (by some uber-clumsy companion) so that he has TWO whole actions to solve the puzzle?