Sign in to follow this  
LordTesla

I'm suing FFG

59 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

I had to look this up... and I thought the salt levels in the forums were high now... wave 3 really did a number o__o

Oh man, are you telling me you never experienced AdmiralNelson in all his glory?  He was like our own little ParaGoombaSlayer!

Then, of course, Ben happened and we all got a new inside joke.

Edited by FatherTurin

7 hours ago, LordTesla said:

The mental anxiety they have caused me waiting for an article is unbelievable.

Solution: Sue

Sounds perfectly reasonable.

I'd be very careful here.  FFG could very easily counter sue.  /s

The next time you buy any Armada products take a few moments to read the legal text on the pack.  The first two sentences read something like this

"© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.  No part of this product may be used without specific written permission." 

I'll take it you don't actually have said 'specific written permission' to use their product?  'Use' would include playing the game with them, yes?

Plus, if you've ever done things like run around with your ships making pew pew noises or allowed any kids to do the same, you could be charged with Improper Use and/or Supplying an Underage Person, as the last two lines of the legal text read:

"THIS PRODUCT IS NOT A TOY. NOT INTENDED FOR USE BY PERSONS 13 YEARS OF AGE OR YOUNGER"

Just saying.....don't take 'em on....they know what they're doing in the legal sense......and have prepared against such eventualities....

Edited by Flengin

On 5/12/2017 at 4:46 PM, FatherTurin said:

Oh man, are you telling me you never experienced AdmiralNelson in all his glory?  He was like our own little ParaGoombaSlayer!

Then, of course, Ben happened and we all got a new inside joke.

Yeah I missed all of that. Inside jokes go right over my head lol

On 5/12/2017 at 0:46 PM, Darth Sanguis said:

I had to look this up... and I thought the salt levels in the forums were high now... wave 3 really did a number o__o

You have no idea the mountains of salts that the Flotillas brought. The doom and gloom was so bad that many prominent figures left for extended hiatus. Hell, I still got attacked on my YouTube channel by the guy after he asked me to apologize to the community due to his banishment... Whew, the salt was strong with that one. 

On 5/12/2017 at 9:11 PM, Vergilius said:

Always happy to oblige by beating the pants off the bane of the forum. :)

I dont know... I hear that I am pretty infamous, at least in the Atlantic NE. 

Then there was this incident with a horse and overlapping on deployment.... The orple fiasco, what else... Oh my Hero challenge (that was fun but I messed up a total slaughter and only got the partial win... Oh well) 

I think there are many of us on here that have earned our jokes. 

7 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

You have no idea the mountains of salts that the Flotillas brought. The doom and gloom was so bad that many prominent figures left for extended hiatus. Hell, I still got attacked on my YouTube channel by the guy after he asked me to apologize to the community due to his banishment... Whew, the salt was strong with that one. 

I can see... I went though a couple of the old flotilla conversations, it's amazing how wrong many of them were. Predicting that flotillas would be a useless expansion and that they would fizzle out in a few months, now, almost a year later, they've become a massive part of the game. So much so we now have groups of folks saying they're OP. lol Kinda funny.

8 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

I dont know... I hear that I am pretty infamous, at least in the Atlantic NE. 

Then there was this incident with a horse and overlapping on deployment.... The orple fiasco, what else... Oh my Hero challenge (that was fun but I messed up a total slaughter and only got the partial win... Oh well) 

I think there are many of us on here that have earned our jokes. 

Oh man, you remind me this jewel:

Without any intention of firing the fallen tree. I just remember I almost fell from my chair when I read that! 

What times!

EDIT: actually you got an answer for the game designer and an appropriate clarification in the FAQ.  Your answer is even more official than the RLB clarification, lol! 

Edited by ovinomanc3r

15 minutes ago, ovinomanc3r said:

Without any intention of firing the fallen tree. I just remember I almost fell from my chair when I read that! 

What times!

EDIT: actually you got an answer for the game designer and an appropriate clarification in the FAQ.  Your answer is even more official than the RLB clarification, lol! 

Good lord that's hilarious.... 

6 hours ago, ovinomanc3r said:

What times!

That's how we did it back in the day. 

God's, I typically hate people bringing that up but I take my lumps where I deserve them. Though I REALLY should stop trying to make sure we get an answer and playing the devil's advocate side of things... Oh well

15 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

It was a time where I worried if someone would use the void there. It's taken care of now

Yeah I read through the thread, and to be fair, I thought your point made sense to an extent.

Still, stacking gladiators....  it gave me a real laugh... my sides can't deflect sarcasm of that magnitude