Sign in to follow this  
evanger

MC75

Comparing the Wookieepedia stats to the Liberty and Home One, it appears that the MC75 is a better anti-squad/short range fighting ship of approximately the same length. It mentions "point defense" emplacements and "proton torpedo launchers" that it's sister ships don't have.

I would like to know how many starfighter squadrons are carried aboard. I am guessing 6 or 8, with such a massive and prominent hangar.

I suspect this Armada ship stats will be:

Rebel large base

Profundity title (at least)

Admiral Raddus (at leadt)

8 hull

2 black anti-squad

3 command

4 squadron

3 engineering

3 fastest move

4 front shields

4 side shields

2 rear shields

front dice: 1 red, 1 blue, 2 black

side dice: 1 red, 1 blue, 2 black

rear dice: 1 red, 2 black

I suspect the cost would be right near 100 points.

26 minutes ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

it's design is closer to the Home One. I would imagine it to be a broadsider. The A variant would have Black/Red, and B would have Black/Blue dice. 

Its ok having black/red dice combo, there just needs to be more of them

1 minute ago, LordTesla said:

Its ok having black/red dice combo, there just needs to be more of them

The ship its closest to is the MC30, which has a color split between variants. 

The MC75 should either add a die to the 30's side arcs so it has 6 each, or a die to the Front/Back so it is 4/3.

The dice arrangement is, admittedly, the most sketchy part of my sketch.?

Liberty and Home One both have 10 dice total for front/one side. I suggest MC75 have less than that; and different types of dice as well (see "point defense" and "proton torpedo" comments).

Wookieepedia suggests Liberty has 4 times the number of turbolasers and 5 times the number of ion cannons as the MC75. Home One has 3 times the number of turbolasers and 9 times the number of ion cannons as the MC75.

I contend the MC75 is not supposed to be in their weight class, direct combat-wise. Admiral Raddus's behavior suggests as much, too. He seemed to be the organizer of the fleet engagement (including down to the squadron levels) rather than the heavy hitter.

Perhaps the huge hangar space is truly massive, allowing space for more starfighters than Home One's already humongous 10 squadrons.

Perhaps it will be significantly cheaper, if the dice selected don't bear the points cost?

13 minutes ago, evanger said:

Liberty and Home One both have 10 dice total for front/one side. I suggest MC75 have less than that; and different types of dice as well (see "point defense" and "proton torpedo" comments).

Wookieepedia suggests Liberty has 4 times the number of turbolasers and 5 times the number of ion cannons as the MC75. Home One has 3 times the number of turbolasers and 9 times the number of ion cannons as the MC75.

I contend the MC75 is not supposed to be in their weight class, direct combat-wise. Admiral Raddus's behavior suggests as much, too. He seemed to be the organizer of the fleet engagement (including down to the squadron levels) rather than the heavy hitter.

Perhaps the huge hangar space is truly massive, allowing space for more starfighters than Home One's already humongous 10 squadrons.

Perhaps it will be significantly cheaper, if the dice selected don't bear the points cost?

That would be nice: A cheapish, large base ship that is used to support the rest of the fleet. If it was under or around 100 points and had the armament you suggested, then it would need some compensating upgrade slots, such as a fleet support or fleet command slot. It could be the firepower equivalent of the Interdictor, and have the similar fleet support role, hanging around more powerful ships to boost/protect them (Interdoctor and targeting scrambler).

Edit: of course, the Pelta and GR-75s kinda already do this, but they cater to different fleet types.

Edited by NobodyInParticular

3 hours ago, evanger said:

well, it has at least one hanger large enough to hold an entire CR-90. which at 150 meters to the MC75's 1204 meters, is a fairly large chunk of the internals.

58w319m2tboy.png

from the other angles we get, it looks like it has fairly limited fighter type bays.

Rebel_capital_ship.jpg

according to the article for the Profundity the ship was one of the converted habitat buildings on the moncal homeworld that was turned into a starship, and was then refit into a warship. specifically, it was a "Civic Governance tower", which means that it was basically a City hall. my guess is that the ship was configured more as a fleet command and control vessel rather than a straight warship, leveraging the communications and computer systems a city-government building would likely have. such a ship would have done well leading a fleet of moncal MC80's (which were apparently skyscrapers that got the same 'turn to ships then militarized' treatment), but instead it shows up as the sole heavy ship leading a fleet of corvettes, frigates, and freighters.

edit: just found this scan from a rogue one companion book:

23tlawl.jpg

apparently it has a reinforced hull, but the weapons were installed as an external add-on which might explain why they are kinda limited. and the squarish holes on the side i thought were fighter bays are hatches for tractor beams.

Edited by mithril2098

There are also photos showing the rear half of the Profundity that show hangars in the rear of the ship as well. 

You can see them plain as day here: 

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/c/cf/FleetScarif.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170121063852

I would consider it being a more beefed up assault frigate with the same type of flexability, 7 hull with similar stats...like 4/4/4/2 3 reds a blue and a black on the sides....and the ability to go serious squadron.

The best Imperial contender would be the Venator. 

3 hours ago, evanger said:

Click on the CANON tab. Not the Legends tab. And if you're looking at the Legends armament of the Liberty, look at the armament itself; dual heavy turbolasers and dual heavy ion cannons. These are taken from the AoR Liberty stats. (MC80 Liberty Type Star Cruiser)

Edited by Alexhurlbut

2 hours ago, mithril2098 said:

well, it has at least one hanger large enough to hold an entire CR-90. which at 150 meters to the MC75's 1204 meters, is a fairly large chunk of the internals.

58w319m2tboy.png

from the other angles we get, it looks like it has fairly limited fighter type bays.

Rebel_capital_ship.jpg

according to the article for the Profundity the ship was one of the converted habitat buildings on the moncal homeworld that was turned into a starship, and was then refit into a warship. specifically, it was a "Civic Governance tower", which means that it was basically a City hall. my guess is that the ship was configured more as a fleet command and control vessel rather than a straight warship, leveraging the communications and computer systems a city-government building would likely have. such a ship would have done well leading a fleet of moncal MC80's (which were apparently skyscrapers that got the same 'turn to ships then militarized' treatment), but instead it shows up as the sole heavy ship leading a fleet of corvettes, frigates, and freighters.

edit: just found this scan from a rogue one companion book:

23tlawl.jpg

apparently it has a reinforced hull, but the weapons were installed as an external add-on which might explain why they are kinda limited. and the squarish holes on the side i thought were fighter bays are hatches for tractor beams.

My understanding from the visual guild you are referring to ( I have the same book, It's awesome) is after the clone wars the Mon cal created these city ships as an "Exodus plan" when the empire came to Mon cal they fled in these ships to deep space. The empire didn't know these buildings were ships.  In deep space they retroited them. The profundity was one of the first ready for action.

Top left corner of that page

Edited by Rune Taq