My big concern is the "prerelease" comment at the end.  How limited will be the prerelease there?  I expected allocated to one per person, but the way they made it sound, it may be EXTREMELY limited.  I bought a Gen Con ticket just for L5R, and I will be very upset if I can't get a copy there, and I wasted a ton of money.

1 minute ago, JP9 said:

My big concern is the "prerelease" comment at the end.  How limited will be the prerelease there?  I expected allocated to one per person, but the way they made it sound, it may be EXTREMELY limited.  I bought a Gen Con ticket just for L5R, and I will be very upset if I can't get a copy there, and I wasted a ton of money.

We will find out on Sunday when the Event Calendar for GenCon goes live, and we see how many tickets are available for the pre-release event. I'm expecting either 100 (VERY exclusive, and good luck getting a copy of the game without standing in line for 8 hours) or 500 (still fairly exclusive, but enough to cover the majority of people interested).

18 minutes ago, Kubernes said:

They did want to explore places outside of Rokugan (Legend of the Burning Sands, Ivory Kingdoms, etc.). Eventually, of course.

I would say that this is quite an indication that the L5R team and this game will enjoy many, many years of production, expansion, gaming, and shelf life. This is great news, you guys! 

15 minutes ago, KerenRhys said:

Just to be clear for british english users, the clan focus will be biweekly as fortnightly, not twice per week.

Did you know if they will preview the Crane next week or will it be a story update next week followed by the Crane clan focus the following week?

Maybe I misunderstood the story bit, but I thought they said two week spotlight as in a clan will be featured for two weeks of articles and such and then move onto the next clan.

Edited by Spawnod

34 minutes ago, KerenRhys said:

Just to be clear for british english users, the clan focus will be biweekly as fortnightly, not twice per week.

Biweekly means twice per week here in the States as well. If they wanted every other week, bimonthly would have been more correct.

Did the person who answered that question simply misspeak or are we about to get a flood of info?

3 minutes ago, Iuchi Toshimo said:

Biweekly means twice per week here in the States as well. If they wanted every other week, bimonthly would have been more correct.

Did the person who answered that question simply misspeak or are we about to get a flood of info?

For legal and tax purposes twice per week is usually semi-weekly in the States with bi-weekly usually being every two weeks. 

Bi-monthly, or semi-monthly, is different because there are 26 bi-weekly occurrences in a calendar year rather than 24. 

Even before working in accounting/tax/payroll and related fields, I don't think I ever heard or used bi-weekly to mean anything other than fortnightly. 

As an aside, fortnightly is way cooler to say. 

5 minutes ago, Iuchi Toshimo said:

Although biweekly can mean every other week or twice a week I've only ever heard it to mean every other week.

42 minutes ago, sndwurks said:

Still don't see how Duels are confusing, flavor-wise. If anything, they are very straightforward.

If you are better (i.e. have a higher Skill) than your opponent? Your opponent needs to be relatively more dishonorable (i.e. bid higher, and give you Honor) in order to beat you.

They have not said anything in the video that we ourselves have not said here already. But honor-monkeys do love their honor!:P

3 hours ago, Suzume Tomonori said:

17. All AEG fiction and lore (including the world/setting stuff) is no longer canon.

So, this could answer the question about minor clans (the Mantis and Wasp in particular), they might simply not exist.

5 hours ago, Zalari said:

While it's fun to discuss the meanings of bi-weekly, I'm pretty sure she literally said the articles would come "every other week" ?

Yeah, I take responsibility for this misunderstanding. If it so pleases my lord, I will perform the three cuts. Who will be my second?

8 hours ago, ricefrisbeetreats said:

3. Good luck getting this at GenCon.  Only a "few" people will be getting them.

I really hope this doesn't mean limited release events. I literally am only going to Gencon for the release.

6 hours ago, Schuster said:

So, this could answer the question about minor clans (the Mantis and Wasp in particular), they might simply not exist.

From the Reddit AMA we know that minor clans do exist and that they are planning to involve them.