E Chu Ta

Mama, tell me a story about Tie Strikers...

There was nothing the Empire had to offer to me.

I'm what one might call an "Independent Contractor." I find military dictatorships to be crass and cold, and upstart rebellionaires are too naïve and stomach-churningly idealistic to provide decent company. I was comfortable with my fleet, and how I fly it, and with rolling in fat stacks of credits all hopped up on glitterstims. There are worse ways to pass the time. I wanted for nothing...

...until I saw the Tie Striker in flight. The only ship that made this Independent Contractor want for something different.

So indulge me, if you please. Tell me stories of the Tie Striker while I ease off of these stims to clear my mind for another run.

Sabacc and the upsilon shuttle.

i once coordinated a barrel roll to the right to Sabacc, which got me around an asteroid, aileron's a bank right further around, followed by a 2 hard left with gave me a range one, unopposed shot on a Fenn that never expected me to be there. One shot him. Other player called the game. 

14 minutes ago, nikk whyte said:

Sabacc and the upsilon shuttle.

i once coordinated a barrel roll to the right to Sabacc, which got me around an asteroid, aileron's a bank right further around, followed by a 2 hard left with gave me a range one, unopposed shot on a Fenn that never expected me to be there. One shot him. Other player called the game. 

I sent my squad to joust Fenn one time.  Two x7 Defenders up front, Sabacc a range band back.  If Fenn wanted to fight, he could be at Range 2 of the Defenders and Range 3 Sabacc or Range 1 of the Defenders and Range 2 of Sabacc.  It is a pretty cheap way to cover a squad with a big 4 dice gun.

Black Squadron 1 and 2 equipped with Predator, LWF and the standard Adaptive Ailerons chased down the infamous rebellion sympathizer; Dash Rendar in his YT-2400.

Rendar was unable to evade the incredible speed of the TIE Strikers as they entered the safe zone where the YT-2400's cannons were unable to get a good shot.

Vader is most pleased with their performance.

I'll tell you a story: I like Adaptive Ailerons better than boost. In one game, I needed to block Manaroo, but my TIE striker was facing her front, starboard corner, so a 1-speed turn to my right wouldn't have gone far enough to get in front of her, as I'd be overlapping her. But with the pre-maneuver 1-bank, I was able to shift my bearing enough that the 1-turn cleared Manaroo's base, and she bumped into my striker, just as I predicted, allowing my other ships to land beautiful range 1 shots. That was an eye-opening experience.

Also, the bank-1-left aileron maneuver followed by a bank-3-left is such a goofy way to traverse a lot of distance. I love that!

EDTI: I've played with 5 Scarif Defenders three times now, and I've won every time. Flying them all is such a rewarding experience.

Edited by Parakitor

Sabacc is just dirty in general. I love to run him lean, with just VI and the title. I'm not a huge fan of LWF on them, though, as 4 hull will still disappear fairly quickly and he frequently draws aggro early.

My Endor list used Sabacc, Wampa, x7 Maarek and Omega Leader. The idea was to have four ships who you don't want to let reach endgame. Didn't quite work (finished 3-4), but I largely put that on mental fatigue. I had forgotten how taxing it can be on the brain to track four very different ships over a 12-hour tourney.

First round in 2nd game in a tournament; Pure Sabacc placed to the left of the board, intended as a flanker, premoves a left bank as the aileron move, and then reveals a 3 left bank (ups) which juuuuust makes a corner of the base move over the left edge of the board....he is gone.

All my other striker stories involves hitting almost ALL rocks on the table.

Except one where Sabacc at range one (and undamaged) rolls a natural 3 hits 2 crits on a Lothal Rebel...(just before being oneshot)

Love the ship, just cant fly it ;D

Edited by Sciencius

The brave TIE Strikers all charged forward to slay the Jumpmaster Beast. With Adaptive Alerons and their light weight frames they all dashed rapidly running circles around the mishapen hunchbaked monster. But the beasts are mindlinked and as soon as the Stirkers had one in a corner rady to end this monstorsity once and for all, another Jumpmaster leaped out and slaughtered every TIE Striker it saw. One Striker managed to barrel roll out of the way but it was too late. The 2 Jumpmasters overtook the last striker and riped its rings off and toyed with the ball cockpit, till they crushed it leaving the shriking ion engines echoing through the darkness... 

gmo4k9.jpg

I tell you story komrade. 

Once upon a time there were two small children. Their father was an X-wing player, the kind who has to have 20 of every expansion, so they were broke and could not afford food. One day FFG releases TIE striker, and the fantastic little ship captivates all who see it, even the children, though they have distaste for X-wing because their father won't feed them. Anyway because father was already poor, and needed tie striker, he struck a deal with local business man to sell his kids for one. They agreed to meet in forest to do exchange. Day comes for exchange, father takes kids out into woods. Meet business man. Exchange happens, kids are crying. Kids crying sounds like bear cubs. Mama bear comes through bushes and eats father and business man. Bear adopts kids as own, and the kids keep the tie striker model to remind them of two things, never do deals in the forest, and Russian bear very dangerous.

First time running duchess. VI, LWF and title in a furball game.

managed to rack up 150+ points in kills by swooping in on whatever was closest to dead and stealing kills before darting back out to safety. Eventually there was so much agro against her at the table the other 3 players coordinated to bring her down. even that took awhile as she's so squirelly they struggled to get more than one arc onto her at a time.

I took a Palpshuttle/Countdown/Sabaac/Duchess list against a Paratanni flown by someone who's ability in the game I respect more than pretty much anyone I've played. The game went to time with every single ship still on the board. Fenn couldn't keep up, and Asajj couldn't keep her turret on a good target. Countdown was on his last hull, and Sabaac was on 2. Duchess wasn't harmed, but the Palpshuttle had taken 4. Fenn was on 1 hull, and Asajj was on 6 hull left. In other words, there were 4 ships on the board that were damaged enough that a bad roll would swing the game. 

Tense game with fantastic flying. Loved the Striker ever since. Haven't quite gotten to the point of being willing to buy 2 more and fly the 5x though...