Last_Red_Ninja

The best Nora build

Build for the arc-170

Pilot card: Nora wexley 

Engine upgrade

alliance overhaul

push the limit

Proton torpedos

nien nunb  (or c3po is a good one as well)

R2D2

total cost: 45

this is a costly build. But you are able to have this with another ship that's a got some upgrades and a squishy ship with no upgrades. You can use c3po but I never liked him personally so I use nien nunb.

so not only could Nora push 5 hits in one round but can Regen shield and make any straight manuever green. And use push the limit practically every round.

nora pushing 5 is only being at range one. But with proton torpedos it still makes her a good hitter at a longer range.making her deadly at any range

everytime I use this Nora I usually 90% of the time win. And if it's a three ship build Nora is usually the last one standing carrying you to victory.

hope this helps

sincerely,. The Last Red Ninja

Edited by Last_Red_Ninja

28 minutes ago, Last_Red_Ninja said:

Build for the arc-170

Pilot card: Nora wexley 

Engine upgrade

alliance overhaul

push the limit

Proton torpedos

nien nunb  (or c3po is a good one as well)

R2D2

total cost: 45

this is a costly build. But you are able to have this with another ship that's a got some upgrades and a squishy ship with no upgrades. You can use c3po but I never liked him personally so I use nien nunb.

so not only could Nora push 5 hits in one round but can Regen shield and make any straight manuever green. And use push the limit practically every round.

nora pushing 5 is only being at range one. But with proton torpedos it still makes her a good hitter at a longer range.making her deadly at any range

everytime I use this Nora I usually 90% of the time win. And if it's a three ship build Nora is usually the last one standing carrying you to victory.

hope this helps

sincerely,. The Last Red Ninja

This is a pretty nice build, though I think the points for proton torpedoes could be used elsewhere. Since Norra is expensive, I think VT works better than EU. That's 6 points saved that could go to a friendly ship while still delivering the same amount of punch (since the torps make you spend the TL, and you could just use that TL to add a 4th die anyway).

11 minutes ago, tortugatron said:

Pretty sure you can't beat this. 

Norra (PTL, Kyle, VT, R2D2, title)

I've tried Kyle, Ezra, and C-3PO on Norra. I think it depends on what you're pairing it with.

I fly Norra with a Ghost/Shuttle, and found C-3PO is the best fit in that build because it helps Norra live longer. You have a chance to get three evades, which is nice when you're left with just Norra.

If you had her paired with other ships, I think you can make a case for Kyle or Expertise/Tail Gunner.

3 hours ago, jwilliamson12 said:

This is a pretty nice build, though I think the points for proton torpedoes could be used elsewhere. Since Norra is expensive, I think VT works better than EU. That's 6 points saved that could go to a friendly ship while still delivering the same amount of punch (since the torps make you spend the TL, and you could just use that TL to add a 4th die anyway).

Not sure what VT is? Adv torpedos? Also this build is more of a solo build, that's why I like the reg proton torpedos so she can still get a lot of dice in from a far.(it protects her weakpoint of the enemy just thinking:" all I have to do is be far) I do think c3po is good cuz you can always get at least one evade. But I just.....always tried to push my luck and be wrong and get nothing. And nien nunb makes her more movable with a bit more manuvers to get a shield back. 

3 minutes ago, Last_Red_Ninja said:

Not sure what VT is? Adv torpedos? Also this build is more of a solo build, that's why I like the reg proton torpedos so she can still get a lot of dice in from a far.(it protects her weakpoint of the enemy just thinking:" all I have to do is be far) I do think c3po is good cuz you can always get at least one evade. But I just.....always tried to push my luck and be wrong and get nothing. And nien nunb makes her more movable with a bit more manuvers to get a shield back. 

VT = Vectored Thrusters. Gives her the barrel roll action. Good for repositioning and half the points of Engine Upgrade.

I tend to push my luck with 3PO as well... especially at range three. Always go to cancel two and end up getting hit.

Just now, jwilliamson12 said:

VT = Vectored Thrusters. Gives her the barrel roll action. Good for repositioning and half the points of Engine Upgrade.

I tend to push my luck with 3PO as well... especially at range three. Always go to cancel two and end up getting hit.

Hahaha same. And gotcha I do like vt but sadly me and my bro trade and he got vt :/  but if I could choose.....if it was a 2/3 ship build I would choose vt

16 minutes ago, thebrettski said:

45 pts on a 1 agi ship?  Hello, favorite combo: tractor beam followed by 2 manglers and an ion, all delivered with a bow by Serissu herself. Goodnight, Nora.  

Ppfff half of it is the ship. The other is the one who flys it. 

24 minutes ago, Phanto Fiend said:

I like using Rage, inspiring recruit, overhaul, R2-D2, vectored thrusters

At 37 points it's not absurdly expensive, it's got rerolls and focus for her pilot ability and an incredibly reliable regent mechanic with R2-D2. 

That's a good build

44 minutes ago, Phanto Fiend said:

At 37 points it's not absurdly expensive, it's got rerolls and focus for her pilot ability and an incredibly reliable regent mechanic with R2-D2. 

19 minutes ago, Last_Red_Ninja said:

That's a good build

But where is the target lock coming from?

2 minutes ago, Sonikgav said:

There isn't one unless you take as your action instead of rage on a round. But me personally push the limit is where it's at so you can focus and Target lock and then use nien nunb to go far or close straight and Regen a shield

I really don't see the Proton torps making much sense here. They need the same setup as just using Norras ability and have worse expected damage (just Norras primary is 3 red dice with focus + one guaranteed hit, Protons are 4 dice with focus, one of which is a crit, but only if you roll focus at all). Just Norras primary is 3.3 expected damage, Protons are 3 expected damage. Sure, you triple the crit chance, but that is not worth paying 4 points and a lower chance of getting damage through.

Other than that it is an excellent build, though I myself am quite fond of Tail Gunner.

51 minutes ago, Phanto Fiend said:

26 minutes ago, Last_Red_Ninja said:

That's a good build

7 minutes ago, Sonikgav said:

Yeah, this build only would make sense if you're flying it with Shara, and you plan to steal her target lock. Even then, I think there are better uses than double-stressing Norra because it takes away other EPs and her crew slot to deal with it. It works, but it takes away a lot of other synergies.

4 minutes ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

I really don't see the Proton torps making much sense here. They need the same setup as just using Norras ability and have worse expected damage (just Norras primary is 3 red dice with focus + one guaranteed hit, Protons are 4 dice with focus, one of which is a crit, but only if you roll focus at all). Just Norras primary is 3.3 expected damage, Protons are 3 expected damage. Sure, you triple the crit chance, but that is not worth paying 4 points and a lower chance of getting damage through.

Other than that it is an excellent build, though I myself am quite fond of Tail Gunner.

I use the proton torpedos cuz at long range she can do more. For me it's to cover better ground for pushing 5 at range 1 and range 2-3 I can do 4. It's just used as my backup really,cuz I don't plan to be far. But like I said you change it if you have more than one ship. But to Max out Nora I use that one. Honestly it has saved me quite a few rounds.

Also tail Gunner would be really good for her aux. It depends do you want more manuvers for Regen shield? Or more offense for your back

Edited by Last_Red_Ninja

4 hours ago, Last_Red_Ninja said:

I use the proton torpedos cuz at long range she can do more. For me it's to cover better ground for pushing 5 at range 1 and range 2-3 I can do 4. It's just used as my backup really,cuz I don't plan to be far. But like I said you change it if you have more than one ship. But to Max out Nora I use that one. Honestly it has saved me quite a few rounds.

Also tail Gunner would be really good for her aux. It depends do you want more manuvers for Regen shield? Or more offense for your back

I like the idea of having a Torpedo of some kind on Nora.  I guess it depends on your meta but if Biggs is prevalent it allows Nora to target lock and fire at what she wants instead of wasting shots into a usually regen Biggs.  My personal preference is the plasma torp though, but it's because I like to use it for more of an alpha at longer range to shave shields off.

I've run Norra with Ezra a fair few times now, and it's a **** nice pairing. It catches people unaware, and it synergises nicely with the PTL/R2D2 combo. I tend to run her just with that, rather than add in EU or VT, but if I had the points spare, VT would probably be my call.

The only time I've been able to justify putting torps on an ARC is Flechette Torps on Braylen toting R3A2 and Tactician. There's something gloriously maniacal about picking an ace at R2 and triple stressing them in one shot. 

Oddly enough, that style of Braylen flies really nicely beside that Norra. Leaves room for another ace, too. I've iterated out from that list to make a rather hilarious variant since.