Sign in to follow this  
WGNF911

Rebel Bias?

13 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

Well you are assuming that the YT-2400 is being used incorrectly. Who uses rogue YT2400's without first throwing Shara in to prevent the alpha strike on the YT's?

I am not. I am assuming they are being used properly according to their design. Rogues in squadron phase, non-rogues in ship phase. 

And if you're going to play the "git gud, I have every counter game", I have Dengar and now my Tie/D are free to harass whatever they want. And my Flechette Raider just unloaded on Shara and she's activated. And my Demo just popped Yavaris. Oh, by the way, I also won because I made an arbitrary counter to your counter.

Even if you use a flotilla to push Tie/D, that needs to be accounted for when people make comparisons. Otherwise, like I said, the YT-2400 is better than the Defender because of Rogue.

Just now, Undeadguy said:

I am not. I am assuming they are being used properly according to their design. Rogues in squadron phase, non-rogues in ship phase. 

And if you're going to play the "git gud, I have every counter game", I have Dengar and now my Tie/D are free to harass whatever they want. And my Flechette Raider just unloaded on Shara and she's activated. And my Demo just popped Yavaris. Oh, by the way, I also won because I made an arbitrary counter to your counter.

Even if you use a flotilla to push Tie/D, that needs to be accounted for when people make comparisons. Otherwise, like I said, the YT-2400 is better than the Defender because of Rogue.

I have Yavaris? I thought I was using Rogues correctly in the squadron phase? Keep trying. You started this rather pointless discussion.

2 hours ago, xerpo said:

All I can do about this post is sit back and laugh. Not really sure if youre being serious here or you are just trying to "agressively deffend" the latest talks about Imps being really OP overall with things like Rhymmer and Demo, (super and only gamebrakers), so you move the general opinion to "balanced" again.

Really, this post makes no sense. I dont know if youre aware of the amount of demagogic trash you just spitted out in 2 paragraphs. TRC was made for CR90?, really? MC30 has no red dice? Seriously at some point I just stopped reading and realised that this was a major cry from someone that didnt even took the effort of properly analyzing the game or, at least, read the cards.

For the record: 80% of players play Imperial as main faction, FFG knows this, FFG wants $$$, make your own assumptions.

whoa there.. so I just wasted my time responding to the original post? as did the many others adding interesting discussion?

While the OP may have had some ideas and views I don't agree with and been just wrong on a couple facts (never happens to me btw).. it's led to a thread that has had some good back and forth about game balance and has been generally positive and friendly.. which is a far cry from some of the other threads that are just angry and negative about the game as a whole

14 hours ago, durandal343 said:

whoa there.. so I just wasted my time responding to the original post? as did the many others adding interesting discussion?

While the OP may have had some ideas and views I don't agree with and been just wrong on a couple facts (never happens to me btw).. it's led to a thread that has had some good back and forth about game balance and has been generally positive and friendly.. which is a far cry from some of the other threads that are just angry and negative about the game as a whole

As I said 80% of players play Imp as main faction, not surprised to see supporters on a cry post like this. I can be positive an friendly too! look:

Unicorns and rainbows. Imperials are SO op. Smiles everywhere. Rhymmer should be fixed to provide its skill to bombers ONLY. It is ridiculously undercosted. Happines kisses and love. Demolisher is the most ridiculous title for a ship in the whole game. I mean, who even flys a glad who isnt demo? Flowers hugs dancing in the rain. Nebulon B? Tie defensor? why do I even need to keep writing? is really this community THAT short-sighted? Armada is love, armada is life. I love you all.

35 minutes ago, xerpo said:

As I said 80% of players play Imp as main faction, not surprised to see supporters on a cry post like this. I can be positive an friendly too! look:

Unicorns and rainbows. Imperials are SO op. Smiles everywhere. Rhymmer should be fixed to provide its skill to bombers ONLY. It is ridiculously undercosted. Happines kisses and love. Demolisher is the most ridiculous title for a ship in the whole game. I mean, who even flys a glad who isnt demo? Flowers hugs dancing in the rain. Nebulon B? Tie defensor? why do I even need to keep writing? is really this community THAT short-sighted? Armada is love, armada is life. I love you all.

And Yavaris is not as ubiquitous?

Imperials without Rhymer and Demolisher up to wave 3 would have been garbage competitively, so instead of saying Rhymer and Demolisher are so powerful, how about Imperials without them are weak? Moff J went someway to addressing the fact that Imperials struggled massively to get there front arcs into play, at best you'd be lucky to manage it for one round, and good luck actually killing something with that 1 round attack. Or even better good luck getting your ship away from a faster more maneuverable Rebel ship that has got past your front arc and is sat attacking your flank/rear.

40 minutes ago, xerpo said:

1260710343244.jpg

51 minutes ago, xerpo said:

80%?

Really?

1 hour ago, xerpo said:

As I said 80% of players play Imp as main faction

What are you talking about? I've already asked once for you to clarify this and you ignored it. Seems more like you're the short sighted one who needs to make up numbers to fit their point of view because you can't accept that Rebels has won Worlds 3 times and Imps haven't even come close.

26 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

What are you talking about? I've already asked once for you to clarify this and you ignored it. Seems more like you're the short sighted one who needs to make up numbers to fit their point of view because you can't accept that Rebels has won Worlds 3 times and Imps haven't even come close.

I give a **** about the minesota local "worlds" really. Those are not representative of anywhere else in the world but minesota.

The number of Rebel defensors in this formus gives me credit enough to say 80% play imperial, if not more.

1 minute ago, xerpo said:

I give a **** about the minesota local "worlds" really. Those are not representative of anywhere else in the world but minesota.

The number of Rebel defensors in this formus gives me credit enough to say 80% play imperial, if not more.

Seems like weak evidence to me

1 hour ago, TheEasternKing said:

And Yavaris is not as ubiquitous?

Imperials without Rhymer and Demolisher up to wave 3 would have been garbage competitively, so instead of saying Rhymer and Demolisher are so powerful, how about Imperials without them are weak? Moff J went someway to addressing the fact that Imperials struggled massively to get there front arcs into play, at best you'd be lucky to manage it for one round, and good luck actually killing something with that 1 round attack. Or even better good luck getting your ship away from a faster more maneuverable Rebel ship that has got past your front arc and is sat attacking your flank/rear.

Is incredibly dangerous to state something like that. FFG dose not release new content to fix what you think it was wrong. It takes out new content to make diversity and options. To state that is like stating that Rieakn was made because Rebels ships used to die too often to fast, in example. Wich they still do by the way.

Edited by xerpo

30 minutes ago, xerpo said:

Oh YAY!  I love me a good troll... quick someone get offended by his lack of any source material beyond anecdotal confirmation bias and start a huge heated argument that spills over into all the other threads.

It will be the most excitement I've had all weak... theres only so much I can read about how FFG doesn't love Armada enough to give us an article, errata, or FAQ.  

Better yet lets skip the thinly veiled insults masked as poorly put together objective observation of "meta" and go straight to ******* censored name calling!

35 minutes ago, xerpo said:

Most of the people that I know IRL and on the forums play both factions. Playing Rebels does not mean you can never play Imps. If you're salty you couldn't go to Worlds, save up some money for next year. FFG is under no obligation to you to host their largest tournament in a place so you get to go. 

1 hour ago, Green Knight said:

80%?

Really?

Why stop at 80%?  98% of people play imperial... obviously.  Clearly a state thats only known for its subpar cheese couldn't possibly be representtive of a games broader meta.

You call it the World Series of Baseball but how does having only one international team from canada qualify as the 'world'?

Your move FFG.

20 hours ago, xerpo said:

All I can do about this post is sit back and laugh. Not really sure if youre being serious here or you are just trying to "agressively deffend" the latest talks about Imps being really OP overall with things like Rhymmer and Demo, (super and only gamebrakers), so you move the general opinion to "balanced" again.

Really, this post makes no sense. I dont know if youre aware of the amount of demagogic trash you just spitted out in 2 paragraphs. TRC was made for CR90?, really? MC30 has no red dice? Seriously at some point I just stopped reading and realised that this was a major cry from someone that didnt even took the effort of properly analyzing the game or, at least, read the cards.

For the record: 80% of players play Imperial as main faction, FFG knows this, FFG wants $$$, make your own assumptions.

2 hours ago, xerpo said:

34 minutes ago, xerpo said:

What I do know, @xerpois that it is amazing that you are so negative.  @WGNF911made a very constructive thread no matter your opinion, but you continuously **** on the people here.  

Saying 80% of Armada players play Imp as their main faction (laughable), ****ing on Worlds, ****ing on our fellow players...

Why are you even here?  I'm not saying this in a bad way at all.  I'm truly asking, if all that you see is negative, why do you bother reading and posting?

1 minute ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

What I do know, @xerpois that it is amazing that you are so negative.  @WGNF911made a very constructive thread no matter your opinion, but you continuously **** on the people here.  

Saying 80% of Armada players play Imp as their main faction (laughable), ****ing on Worlds, ****ing on our fellow players...

Why are you even here?  I'm not saying this in a bad way at all.  I'm truly asking, if all that you see is negative, why do you bother reading and posting?

@CaribbeanNinja not enough censored words... try harder. 

46 minutes ago, xerpo said:

Is incredibly dangerous to state something like that. FFG dose not release new content to fix what you think it was wrong. It takes out new content to make diversity and options. To state that is like stating that Rieakn was made because Rebels ships used to die too often to fast, in example. Wich they still do by the way.

And yet Moff J was designed to bring life back to VSDs, and Imperial ships in general.

FFG design cards to "fix" issues rather than reprint them as something else.

But by all means, keep thinking that it wasn't a fix.

5 minutes ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

I was so intrigued how a nonsense full of erratas and demagogia post like this was having this reception. Then I realised the problem. You guys do not argue in posts like this, you are all in the same team discussing what should happen to the people in the other team, like judges and jurys. You are all hurt imperial players in a completely unfair and weird understanding on how the rebel faction should be nerfed. When the reality is quite the opposite. You dont make discussion, you all agree in the same nonsense **** because you all want the same.

Im asking you this now. Why do we even bother with a rebel faction? why dont we just play all imperial?

1 minute ago, TheEasternKing said:

And yet Moff J was designed to bring life back to VSDs, and Imperial ships in general.

FFG design cards to "fix" issues rather than reprint them as something else.

But by all means, keep thinking that it wasn't a fix.

Then Rieekan is a fix to incredible weak ships? How can a commander that is only useful when you already lost the points be a fix to anything?

So Liberty came with its own fix as a commander? Madine?

Are we still talking?

5 minutes ago, xerpo said:

I was so intrigued how a nonsense full of erratas and demagogia post like this was having this reception. Then I realised the problem. You guys do not argue in posts like this, you are all in the same team discussing what should happen to the people in the other team, like judges and jurys. You are all hurt imperial players in a completely unfair and weird understanding on how the rebel faction should be nerfed. When the reality is quite the opposite. You dont make discussion, you all agree in the same nonsense **** because you all want the same.

Im asking you this now. Why do we even bother with a rebel faction? why dont we just play all imperial?

You do realize that the first TWO responses to this thread respectfully disagreed with the OP.  Throughout there are various rebel players posting about their thoughts on the matter.

2 hours ago, xerpo said:

ummmm.. ok?

so trolls are obnoxious in all forums and yes.. don't feed them!

but I have kids.. and my kids always say "look Daddy! a troll! He's so cute!  Can we feed him??? please please!?!?!?!"  So I guess I'll stop the car and rummage around and see if we have some edible trash.. 

I'm not sure I even understand what you're trying to say.. the Empire is OP?  What about this.. which is a game.. has made you so upset?  Did you trip over the little models in the middle of the night and fall down the stairs?  It's a game!  Has the game somehow wronged you.. personally?  Last night I was destroyed by a Demolisher and lost with a Biggsball.. according to the forums I'm not supposed to be able to lose with one of those.. hmmm... bad piloting I guess but I digress.  It was still fun playing against the Demolisher.. it gives me something to try to figure out!

you do realize that we're all just guys (are there girls? do they play? never seen one playing.. must be like unicorns.. or I'm stupid) playing with plastic starship toys.. TOYS! sometimes I like to make little "pew pew" noises when I shoot at things. I just never understand why.. where does the anger come from?? Again.. we're adults.. people with jobs and lives and families and important stuff.. playing with expensive plastic toys!

And that's all I have to say about that :)

2 minutes ago, durandal343 said:

ummmm.. ok?

so trolls are obnoxious in all forums and yes.. don't feed them!

but I have kids.. and my kids always say "look Daddy! a troll! He's so cute!  Can we feed him??? please please!?!?!?!"  So I guess I'll stop the car and rummage around and see if we have some edible trash.. 

I'm not sure I even understand what you're trying to say.. the Empire is OP?  What about this.. which is a game.. has made you so upset?  Did you trip over the little models in the middle of the night and fall down the stairs?  It's a game!  Has the game somehow wronged you.. personally?  Last night I was destroyed by a Demolisher and lost with a Biggsball.. according to the forums I'm not supposed to be able to lose with one of those.. hmmm... bad piloting I guess but I digress.  It was still fun playing against the Demolisher.. it gives me something to try to figure out!

you do realize that we're all just guys (are there girls? do they play? never seen one playing.. must be like unicorns.. or I'm stupid) playing with plastic starship toys.. TOYS! sometimes I like to make little "pew pew" noises when I shoot at things. I just never understand why.. where does the anger come from?? Again.. we're adults.. people with jobs and lives and families and important stuff.. playing with expensive plastic toys!

And that's all I have to say about that :)

I like when someone just run out of arguments plays the "this is just a game" card, dont take it so serious. You looked pretty serious talking about all the supposedly OP rebel stuff.