Sign in to follow this  
Rakaydos

If I were in charge of the next FAQ...

Cost changes:

TLT: +1 point (sorry Tie aggressor)

Contracted scout: +2 points

Dengar, Tel, Manaru +1 point each

Biggs: +2 points (but see Integrated Astromech)

R2D2: +1 point

Nera, Farlander, Ibstan, Ten Numb: -1 point

Erratta:

Integrated Astromech:  add "You may equip an additional modification"

Bwing E2: add "your crew cost 2 less points"

Attani Mindlink: add "If you are unstressed"

Advance Slam: add "then receive a stress"

Hobbie Kilvan: add an elite talent to this ship

I think Imperials are in a pretty good place right now, actually. Tie aggressors are just a casualty of the miranda/tlt nerf that's been asked for practically since it came out. (casualty since it means they cant run 4 like everyone else)

2 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

I think Imperials are in a pretty good place right now, actually. Tie aggressors are just a casualty of the miranda/tlt nerf that's been asked for practically since it came out. (casualty since it means they cant run 4 like everyone else)

Barely making top 16 in major events is a good place? I'd hate to see where you think a bad place is.

9 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

Just make Bwing E2 free and see how that does.  leaves it 1pt more than your version, but a lot simpler.

And now it's useless.  If you tie the focus generation to being unstressed (whther having to be unstressed or making it an action) but keep the stress passing, the card is dead. If you want to make it only work when unstressed, you have to also remove the stress passing.

Picking one random pilot to give an EPT?  If you're gonna add EPT slots, there's a bunch of pilots that would become way more useful all of a sudden if they were given EPTs.

1 minute ago, SabineKey said:

Barely making top 16 in major events is a good place? I'd hate to see where you think a bad place is.

Well, if you're nerfing other factions it opens up more potential for imperials to come back more without specific buffs.  Similar to how rebels came back after the last big FAQ without any buffs themselves

2 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

And now it's useless.  If you tie the focus generation to being unstressed (whther having to be unstressed or making it an action) but keep the stress passing, the card is dead. If you want to make it only work when unstressed, you have to also remove the stress passing.

I disagree. You can recieve focus before you are stressed, and can clear stress afterward. it does become harder to use, though, and a more situational ept.

Edited by Rakaydos

Bad place is needing a 1-2 point nerf on all pilots of a ship, and a debuff of that factions main ept.

Hmm. Still a funny view of what a good place is.

1 minute ago, VanderLegion said:

Well, if you're nerfing other factions it opens up more potential for imperials to come back more without specific buffs.  Similar to how rebels came back after the last big FAQ without any buffs themselves

And once those nerfs come into reality, I'll call Imps in a good place. Not before.

1 minute ago, Rakaydos said:

I disagree. You can recieve focus before you are stressed, and can clear stress afterward. it does become harder to use, though, and a more situational ept.

And if you didn't PASS stress, that would be fine.  one ship passes focus tokens, another is free to k-turn, already has focus when it gets the stress.  Next round, that ship can clear the stress to be able to get focus again.  But when that k-turn stresses your entire list, now all of your ships have to do greens to be able to receive focus tokens, and only the last guy to move can be the one to pass them if you want all ships to receive them.  Not to mention that it's not just doing reds that can stress you.  Debris, r3a2, rebel captive, etc.   Limiting the focus passing to un-stressed ONLY lets it be usable if you odn't also pass stress.  Or maybe make work it both ways.  You pass focus or stress tokens only to ships that dont' have either.  You have stress?  No focus for you.  You have a focus?  Stress doesn't get passed.

Just now, SabineKey said:

Hmm. Still a funny view of what a good place is.

And once those nerfs come into reality, I'll call Imps in a good place. Not before.

I was more pointing out int he context of this post, it has nerfs to jumpmasters, tlt, and the k-wing and biggs.  Basically the top stuff in the meta right now.  Not huge nerfs, but thye are nerfs.

1 minute ago, VanderLegion said:

I was more pointing out int he context of this post, it has nerfs to jumpmasters, tlt, and the k-wing and biggs.  Basically the top stuff in the meta right now.  Not huge nerfs, but thye are nerfs.

And unproven. Like I said, I'll wait for results.

"Good place" for a faction, in my mind, is "meeting the Tie Fighter Standard"

That is, a Howlrunner Swarm should always be a competitive but not overpowering option.

With the palp and x7 nerfs, I think imperials are close to meeting that standard across the board. Scum are way out of line. And rebels are generally underpowered with a few spectacular outliers.

3 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

Gonna be a long wait for a theorycrafted and probably never-going-to-be-tested FAQ

Even more reason to question the "good place" Empire is in.

"Good place" for a faction, in my mind, is "meeting the Tie Fighter Standard"

That is, a Howlrunner Swarm should always be a competitive but not overpowering option.

With the palp and x7 nerfs, I think imperials are close to meeting that standard across the board. Scum are way out of line. And rebels are generally underpowered with a few spectacular outliers.

That standard has been smashed a while ago. We either need a new one or a whole lot more work to bring the other two factions in line.

1 minute ago, SabineKey said:

Even more reason to question the "good place" Empire is in.

That standard has been smashed a while ago. We either need a new one or a whole lot more work to bring the other two factions in line.

Which brings us back to "Nerf jumpmaster, nerf mindlink, nerf biggs, nerf R2, nerf miranda."

If that's not enough to bring back tie fighters, that's what the next wave of nerfs are for.

10 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

Which brings us back to "Nerf jumpmaster, nerf mindlink, nerf biggs, nerf R2, nerf miranda."

If that's not enough to bring back tie fighters, that's what the next wave of nerfs are for.

I'll call Imps in a good place when stuff like that comes through.

5 minutes ago, PhantomFO said:

I've said it once and I'll say it again:

FFG has yet to modify either the cost, statline or upgrade slots of any ship they've released. It would require extraordinary circumstances for such a thing to happen, and I don't think even the Jumpmaster is enough to become the first.

The only part I disagree with is the jumpmaster being an extraordinary circomstance. It has a unique combination of "too efficent" and "too flexible" such that there is no easy answer. (they thought there was, with the deadeye nerf, which is why this didnt happen with the manaru and zuckuss nerfs)

Edited by Rakaydos

56 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

Cost changes:

TLT: +1 point (sorry Tie aggressor)

Contracted scout: +2 points

Dengar, Tel, Manaru +1 point each

Biggs: +2 points (but see Integrated Astromech)

R2D2: +1 point

Nera, Farlander, Ibstan, Ten Numb: -1 point

Erratta:

Integrated Astromech:  add "You may equip an additional modification"

Advance Slam: add "then receive a stress"

I don't agree with everything but

B wing title I like

Integrated astro, i was thinking how big a difference that would make this morning.

Contracted scouts...... That I think something like that probably should happen but it's an interesting step to take. It kicks open a dangerous door.

The b wing pilot point drops... I'm ok with most of them but Farlander is powerful as is, it's other things pushing him out not his price.

The rest, I'm sorry but I don't agree with you

... you want to make B-wing/E2 get a 2pt discount, so that Tactician B-wings are now 23pts instead of 25?

And you didn't say a thing about the G1A when you did this?

If you're going to theorycraft point-change nerfs (A thing that is the least likely of any FAQ change to happen, I'll note), at least try to look at the problem with the bigger picture when you do it. Especially when there are ships that are similar enough that their fates are inexorably linked in the meta: B-wing & G1A, T-65 & Kithraxz are the most brazen examples.

TLT requires a target lock or focus token.

Mind link is range 1-3.

Scout lose EPT.

Biggs once per round.

Sabin crew - all factions

Kallus- Rebels and Scum

Fenn Rau- Scum and Rebels *edit*

inter astro - title 

agress title - scum only

HORTIN S - add 2 EPTs to make up for the years without.

expose - no action required (at the start of a round) works both ways lose 1 atk gain 1 agi / lose 1 agi gain 1 atk limited.

Edited by Cubanboy