Jump to content
The Grand Falloon

Minion Wound Sheet

Recommended Posts

Hey, folks.  I just whipped up what I hope is a handy little sheet for tracking the wounds of your minion groups.  It's pretty self-explanatory, but here's the general idea: 

7eNBGoT.jpg

Basically, they're little cards you can cut out, or just keep on the sheet.  I made a few for Wound Thresholds 3-6, with most of them at 5.  Just write in the Name, Soak, and cross out anything past the number of minions in the group.

I was inspired by OggDude's minion sheets (and also I stole his Soak and Wound boxes), but those work best if you know ahead of time what minions your group will be facing, and how many.  This way, you can just print a page or two, cut it up if you want, and have a handy sheet ready for whatever comes up.  You'll notice that they're the same width as the adversary cards, so if you use those, you can, I dunno, tape the checkboxes to it or something.

I've shared a PDF here, and the ODF file here. I made it with LibreOffice, but Google Docs seems to be playing hell with the layout.  You're welcome to grab either file and fiddle with it to suit your needs.

Any suggestions on making it more usable are always welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heh, this is very similar to what I've done in Evernote, it's super handy.  I've combined them with the NPC cards, or rather I should say a small group has done so.  That way it's all in one place and and easy to replicate at the table.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kaosoe said:

I want a sticky pad of these

I'd buy that!  Sticky notes are one of very few paper items I still use in my quest to be in a paperless workflow.  I've found and use graph paper stickies with great results.  

Hm:

 

http://www.vistaprint.com/sticky-notes.aspx?GP=05%2f09%2f2017+16%3a52%3a29&GPS=4390813659&GNF=0

 

 

Edited by themensch
add info!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Desslok said:

Okay, printed them up for use on the weekend - and I've got one suggestion. How about making a version that's half as many on the sheet, but twice as big? Have pity on the ailing eyes of the 45+ year old GMs. . . .

You mean you haven't ventured into progressive lenses for the aging GM?  It's marvelous to be able to read tiny FFG print again!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Desslok said:

Okay, printed them up for use on the weekend - and I've got one suggestion. How about making a version that's half as many on the sheet, but twice as big? Have pity on the ailing eyes of the 45+ year old GMs. . . .

I will probably crank up the size a bit.  I can see them fine, but they feel a little too small to keep track of.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2017 at 11:07 AM, The Grand Falloon said:

I will probably crank up the size a bit.  I can see them fine, but they feel a little too small to keep track of.  

Yippie! Yeah, I handed the stack I printed off to my Co-GM, and the first thing he said was "Oooh! Too small!" - so I'm not alone with my aged eyes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Desslok said:

Yippie! Yeah, I handed the stack I printed off to my Co-GM, and the first thing he said was "Oooh! Too small!" - so I'm not alone with my aged eyes!

I'm on board. I just had to debate a choice of wearing bifocals versus stronger contacts plus reading glasses when needed. Either not very functional for my career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love these, and I printed out a sheet which I'll laminate.

This may sound ignorant, but why is the first member of the minion group one higher than the next 11?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Characters are taken out when their wound threshold is exceeded; thus, a WT 5 minion goes down at 6 wounds. The next minion in the group goes down after further wounds equal to the WT; thus, minion 2 drops at 11 wounds, then minion 3 at 16, etc. So for a tracking sheet, having the first minion be 1 higher makes it easier to track.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, it's getting late and I've been fighting with this version, so it's still kinda sketched up.
MWS.png.08412b667fedee9baff36f13190c53d3.png

Kinda looks half-baked right now, but the idea here is that you could keep track of both wounds and the dice that your minions are using, though it would mostly work for their main skill.  *Sigh...* Okay, so apparently the forums don't like me trying to post pics straight from Google Photos, so here's the album, with an example group of 6 Stormtroopers: click me 

Hopefully you get the idea.  Are those dice boxes helpful or does it just become a mess?  I can already see a few places where I screwed up, so I'll have to come back to it.  But is this a line I should even pursue, or should I just keep the original idea, only bigger?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, even newer version, since I started realizing all the ways that last one wouldn't really work.
Please tell me what you think of the layout.  In this case, we have a minion group of 6, but the first one has been eliminated, so we cross out that line of dice, and we know for Ranged (Heavy) the group will be rolling 3 Yellows and a Green.  I figure most minion groups, even with a few skills, usually just use one.  If they have to switch to melee, well, bite the bullet and figure it out.

Crumbs.  I just realized that the boxes should be marked from the top and go down, since the first minion is the hardest to take out.  Well, guess I gotta add more hexagons.  I can post a document soon with 6 groups per page.  Then another with even more, but with only 6 per group, since I've never used more than that anyway.

59308c622d713_12minionskills.png.2d6c143cb92c951b1231d58a70944943.png59308c617219e_12minionskillsscribbled.png.779a954ead906af71ac0991c75840c1a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And here's the link to the documents.  The PDFs should work fine.  The others are in LibreOffice format, which Google Docs does not like, but you're welcome to edit them to your own ends.  You'll want 3 fonts: Teuton Normal, Wingdings, and SWRPG Icons.  Let me know what you think. 

Click Me!

Edited by The Grand Falloon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These look super helpful! But all of a sudden I'm confused about how many wounds it actually takes to take out a minion group. I've been doing it the same way you seem to be, but now I'm wondering about this; "Individual members of the group are defeated one at a time, each time the total wounds suffered exceeds that group member's share of the wound threshold."

So, where each minion's "share of the wound threshold" is 5, does it take 6 wounds to take out each individual minion? That would mean a minion group with 3 individual 5WT minions would have to suffer 18 wounds, not 16 wounds to be taken out?

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, admutt said:

These look super helpful! But all of a sudden I'm confused about how many wounds it actually takes to take out a minion group. I've been doing it the same way you seem to be, but now I'm wondering about this; "Individual members of the group are defeated one at a time, each time the total wounds suffered exceeds that group member's share of the wound threshold."

So, where each minion's "share of the wound threshold" is 5, does it take 6 wounds to take out each individual minion? That would mean a minion group with 3 individual 5WT minions would have to suffer 18 wounds, not 16 wounds to be taken out?

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.

Your math is slightly off in that you aren't carrying that 1 damage that is over the 5 WT to the next minion. Using your example of :3 minions 5 WT each, total of 15WT.

at 6 damage you are 1 over the 5WT of minion 1, so 1 minion dies.  Now you are 1 wound into the next minion's 5WT.  The next hit does 5 damage, so now that is a total of 6, another dies, and you are one wound into the next minion, and so on. Thus to completely incapacitate the entire group it would take 1 wound beyond their whole total, so 16 wounds.

Hopefully that clarifies

Edited by ThreeAM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThreeAM said:

Your math is slightly off in that you aren't carrying that 1 damage that is over the 5 WT to the next minion. Using your example of :3 minions 5 WT each, total of 15WT.

at 6 damage you are 1 over the 5WT of minion 1, so 1 minion dies.  Now you are 1 wound into the next minion's 5WT.  The next hit does 5 damage, so now that is a total of 6, another dies, and you are one wound into the next minion, and so on. Thus to completely incapacitate the entire group it would take 1 wound beyond their whole total, so 16 wounds.

Hopefully that clarifies

Yes, that's the way I've been playing it, but I'm now wondering if that is the actual intent of the RAW? The example in the book only goes as far as the first minion to be taken out. After that, it's a bit vague.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, admutt said:

Yes, that's the way I've been playing it, but I'm now wondering if that is the actual intent of the RAW? The example in the book only goes as far as the first minion to be taken out. After that, it's a bit vague.

Unless I am mistaken,the way I described it and the way you have been doing it is RAW.  

From Page 390 CRB EotE.  

"The minion group has a single wound threshold, shared by all members of the group. This wound threshold is equal to the sum of the wound threshold of every member of the group. (For example, a group
of 3 stormtroopers—each with a wound threshold of 5—has a wound threshold of 15.) Each time any member of the group suffers wounds, the wounds are applied to the group's wound threshold. Individual
members of the group are defeated one at a time, each time the total wounds suffered exceeds that group member's share of the wound threshold"

 

My bold-ing for emphasis. I believe the the key here is that its 1 pool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ThreeAM said:

Unless I am mistaken,the way I described it and the way you have been doing it is RAW.  

From Page 390 CRB EotE.  

"The minion group has a single wound threshold, shared by all members of the group. This wound threshold is equal to the sum of the wound threshold of every member of the group. (For example, a group
of 3 stormtroopers—each with a wound threshold of 5—has a wound threshold of 15.) Each time any member of the group suffers wounds, the wounds are applied to the group's wound threshold. Individual
members of the group are defeated one at a time, each time the total wounds suffered exceeds that group member's share of the wound threshold"

 

My bold-ing for emphasis. I believe the the key here is that its 1 pool.

Yeah, I think I was trying too hard when I was re-reading this with the knowledge that for all other targets, it's WT+1 that takes them out. I think it would behove the example in the minion section to include something about a second stormtrooper. I.E.: "when the stormtrooper group passes 5 wounds, one stormtrooper is defeated; when the stormtrooper group passes 10 wounds, a second stormtrooper is defeated; and so on."

I guess I'll just have to keep running minion groups correctly. :huh: Thanks for helping!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...