Sign in to follow this  
Kdubb

Daredevil + Unkar Plutt Timing

This one comes due more to curiosity than anything, but figured I would just ask it.

a) If you use Dardevil to overlap a ship, does Unkar Plutt trigger (I'm nearly certain the answer is yes)?

and if so,

b) Does Unkar Plutt trigger before the stress from Daredevil is applied, or after? Because if it is after, then it is a useless interaction.

I just know Daredevil has some weird timing as was made apparent by the Kanan Jarrus ruling that you couldn't remove the stress with Kanan (which I think works in favor of it working with Unkar Plutt if I'm remembering the ruling correctly).

The reason why Unkar crew and Dauntless work with Daredevil is exactly because Kanan does not work. And it is not a weird timing. Trigger in X-Wing are nested in execution of other effect, contrary to a game like Magic: The Gathering.

During Daredevil, you execute a maneuver so everything that trigger from executing a maneuver are done before you can complete the Daredevil game effect. So Kanan and Unkar resolve before you get the stress from Daredevil.

Edited by muribundi
gramar error

Unkar doesn't trigger after a maneuver, he triggers at the end of activation (After ALL ships have moved).

You would get the stress from Daredevil before you get the chance to trigger Unkar.

You cannot get Unkar to trigger twice in a turn as the opportunity 'At the end of the activation phase' only occurs once per turn.

Dauntless is different, it triggers after a maneuver. This is the key part that lets you trigger Dauntless twice if you use daredevil.

Edited by McLaine

2 minutes ago, McLaine said:

Unkar doesn't trigger after a maneuver, he triggers at the end of activation (After ALL ships have moved).

You would get the stress from Daredevil before you get the chance to trigger Unkar.

Dauntless is different, it triggers after a maneuver. This is the key part that lets you trigger it twice if you use daredevil.

Unkar crew, not Unkar pilot.