CR90 Corvette B (39 points)
= 39 total ship cost

GR-75 Medium Transports (18 points)
 Quantum Storm  ( 1  points) 
-  Flight Commander  ( 3  points) 
-  Rapid Launch Bays  ( 6  points) 
-  Bomber Command Center  ( 8  points) 
= 36 total ship cost

[ flagship ] Modified Pelta-class Assault Ship (56 points)
-  General Dodonna  ( 20  points) 
-  Assault Proton Torpedoes  ( 5  points) 
= 81 total ship cost

CR90 Corvette B (39 points)
= 39 total ship cost

= 18 total ship cost

Nebulon-B Support Refit (51 points)
 Yavaris  ( 5  points) 
-  Flight Commander  ( 3  points) 
= 59 total ship cost

-  Toryn Farr  ( 7  points) 
= 25 total ship cost

1 Keyan Farlander ( 20 points) 
1 Luke Skywalker ( 20 points) 

Hate to say this...but I wouldn't be remotely scared of this fleet.  Lots of activations sure which could give you an advantage, but nothing with any sort of serious fire power or range.  Yavaris dies quickly when in range, your fighters get tied up by almost anything and then it's just corvette and flotilla hunting pretty much.   I like peltas but if you are bringing one at least bring a fleet command with it to help out (entrapment formation could really help your fleet out).

Something is seriously missing here.... Firepower or squadrons. Keyan is way too sluggish, the CR90s won't do much without an upgrade card, the Pelta won't ever use its black dices... The Pelta is like an Interdicotr. You bring it for the fleet command or you don't bring it at all.

Edited by Norell

How do you plan to kill things? Two squadrons aren't going to get much done as far as damage goes unless nothing ever attacks them or engages them. 

Three separate upgrades on three separate ships to support only two squadrons will not go well. You need more fighters. As it stands I could cripple your list pretty hard just by hitting the Rapid Launch Bays carrier at medium range with and ISD or VSD II. You probably haven't launched fighters at that distance, and 6-8 dice have a good chance of rolling the accuracy I need to stop your scatter token, and the damage will likely be lethal (especially if I landed any hits at long range). Just like that I've taken out 76 points, and rendered another 15 totally irrelevant. After that all you've got is a a few small ships with only one upgrade that still does anything. 

The idea is to load Luke and Keyan into the Quantum Storm RLB cruise missile, drop them off on the door step, and double tap them both with Yavaris for killer damage.

It's a gimik that is hilarious when effective, but not as effective as you hope. I played this trick in the team tournament at worlds with Nym and Keyan. It was hilarious, it killed an assault frigate, but the flotilla was instantly evaporated and while it is super fun to use casually I don't think I would ever take it to a serious game.

On 5/9/2017 at 11:35 AM, BrobaFett said:

The idea is to load Luke and Keyan into the Quantum Storm RLB cruise missile, drop them off on the door step, and double tap them both with Yavaris for killer damage.

It's a gimik that is hilarious when effective, but not as effective as you hope. I played this trick in the team tournament at worlds with Nym and Keyan. It was hilarious, it killed an assault frigate, but the flotilla was instantly evaporated and while it is super fun to use casually I don't think I would ever take it to a serious game.

Doesn't RLB work on a "deploy then fire" basis, though? If it doesn't then that's a pretty solid combo. Or do you just use Yavaris next turn?

6 hours ago, BrobaFett said:

RLB is deploy then fire *if you want to* if there are other squads in range you can activate them instead after placing squads, or you can just choose not to activate anything. 

I'm not sure you can activate other squadrons. The text on the card says you can deploy "instead" of doing a normal squadron activation, and the FAQ is a bit unclear on whether or not you can leave them unactivated once deployed. Granted, the argument that you don't have to activate the squadrons you just launched is actually pretty solid since the FAQ since you can activate them, not you must. But I don't think you can launch Luke and Keyan with a GR-75 and then activate someone else with the same dial. Looking over the card it seems like it gives the option to replace your normal squadron activation with "deploy fighters, then attack if you want to or leave them ready for later," which isn't as good but still lets you get that Yavaris combo in. 

Granted I play on the assumption that you do activate the fighters as you launch them but I can see why people don't think that's mandatory. The only issue I would have with it either way would be if my opponent wasn't clear on how he'd prefer to rule it, because that's potentially critical information. 

7 hours ago, Hockeyzombie said:

I'm not sure you can activate other squadrons. The text on the card says you can deploy "instead" of doing a normal squadron activation, and the FAQ is a bit unclear on whether or not you can leave them unactivated once deployed. Granted, the argument that you don't have to activate the squadrons you just launched is actually pretty solid since the FAQ since you can activate them, not you must. But I don't think you can launch Luke and Keyan with a GR-75 and then activate someone else with the same dial. Looking over the card it seems like it gives the option to replace your normal squadron activation with "deploy fighters, then attack if you want to or leave them ready for later," which isn't as good but still lets you get that Yavaris combo in. 

Granted I play on the assumption that you do activate the fighters as you launch them but I can see why people don't think that's mandatory. The only issue I would have with it either way would be if my opponent wasn't clear on how he'd prefer to rule it, because that's potentially critical information. 

While your reasoning is sound, that is, unfortunately, not the whole story.

We got a clarification email from Senor Gernes a few days after the FAQ dropped, clarifying that you can choose to leave the squadrons unactivated and then activate them subsequently with a different ship as normal.  This is the ruling that was enforced at Worlds.

If your TO doesn't buy those two sources as authoritative (which, I wouldn't blame them), then you'll need to get clarification from them on how they plan to rule RLB.

That card is a fscking shitshow.

As for the list, I see what you're going for here:  delay delay delay with an outrageous number of activations until no other carrier fleet can still have a ship available to push squadrons, then zoom up and drop the two squadrons before the squadron phase, then activate them with Yavaris before anything can engage them.  It's a cool idea, but it's going to be super duper obvious what you're setting up, and anybody with a squadron screen will (should) have them prepositioned to screen your target from the attack.  I almost think a throwaway HWK would be worthwhile here:  push it with a token from Yavaris to unlock the two bombers on the "gotcha" turn.

1 hour ago, Ardaedhel said:

I almost think a throwaway HWK would be worthwhile here:  push it with a token from Yavaris to unlock the two bombers on the "gotcha" turn.

Make sure to acompany with bicylce bells and oogah horns while you activate.

Its a fun trick, but like Ard said, its a gonna be seen from a mile away and parking a squadron on the front corners of the ship you want to bomb is going to ruin your night. And now your spending even more points to make it work on top the fact Yavaris could be using that token to have something double attack and is instead pushing a lame HWK.

4 minutes ago, BrobaFett said:

Make sure to acompany with bicylce bells and oogah horns while you activate.

Its a fun trick, but like Ard said, its a gonna be seen from a mile away and parking a squadron on the front corners of the ship you want to bomb is going to ruin your night. And now your spending even more points to make it work on top the fact Yavaris could be using that token to have something double attack and is instead pushing a lame HWK.

Also the list has almost no real way to do damage. A few CR90s and two bombers aren't going to last long once the other player gets a few shots in. Demolisher could come screaming in and smash up pretty much anything except the flotillas. There's no cover at all against enemy bombers, unless he abandons his RLB strategy (and two fighters won't hold out long). Dropping Luke and Keyan on someone is all well and good but the damage output just isn't there so it won't get a lot accomplished before they die to AA fire or fighter screens. 

1 hour ago, Ardaedhel said:

While your reasoning is sound, that is, unfortunately, not the whole story.

We got a clarification email from Senor Gernes a few days after the FAQ dropped, clarifying that you can choose to leave the squadrons unactivated and then activate them subsequently with a different ship as normal.  This is the ruling that was enforced at Worlds.

If your TO doesn't buy those two sources as authoritative (which, I wouldn't blame them), then you'll need to get clarification from them on how they plan to rule RLB.

I'm basically arguing that you couldn't use a GR-75 with Rapid Launch Bays to deploy two fighters and activate two different fighters. SO if I have Luke and Keyan loaded up in Bright Hope, I can't reveal a squadron dial, launch Luke and Keyan, and then activate Nym and Wedge. I'd have to either activate Luke and Keyan or deploy them and leave it at that, by my understanding. Very interesting to note that they used the non-mandatory activation ruling at Worlds, though. 

6 minutes ago, Hockeyzombie said:

I'm basically arguing that you couldn't use a GR-75 with Rapid Launch Bays to deploy two fighters and activate two different fighters. SO if I have Luke and Keyan loaded up in Bright Hope, I can't reveal a squadron dial, launch Luke and Keyan, and then activate Nym and Wedge. I'd have to either activate Luke and Keyan or deploy them and leave it at that, by my understanding. Very interesting to note that they used the non-mandatory activation ruling at Worlds, though. 

There's no point in arguing because that's how it's played. If you have a TO that decides to ignore the FAQ, clarification from the designer, and standing floor ruling at worlds (which all are in harmony) he too would be wrong.

You don't have to like it. You wouldn't be the only one. But thems the rules so we can stop talking like it's in question.

8 hours ago, BrobaFett said:

There's no point in arguing because that's how it's played. If you have a TO that decides to ignore the FAQ, clarification from the designer, and standing floor ruling at worlds (which all are in harmony) he too would be wrong.

You don't have to like it. You wouldn't be the only one. But thems the rules so we can stop talking like it's in question.

No need to get upset. I'm not really seeing this in the FAQ, and I haven't seen any clarifications from the developers or any rulings from worlds. Not saying that they didn't clarify/rule it that way, just that I haven't seen them and didn't watch worlds. Based purely on reading the card and the FAQ it doesn't look like it works that way. That said if the developers have clarified that it's supposed to work like that then I guess it does.