Sign in to follow this  
Sanguinary Dan

Do you think FFG would listen if....

We begged them to retire Biggs?  Seriously. Losing him would probably be the best thing to happen to the Rebel design space since, well, ever.

I know I'll get a lot of grief for this.  But this truly isn't a "Nerf it it's OP!" whine.  It's just that I have never been able to see what he adds to the game as easily as I can see how he detracts.

Not a nerf thread? There is no higher nerf than a ban? You just nerfing bad at X-wing.

Now if you want a ban. Ban Atanni-mindlink. I give you the following reason (Since FFG doesn't want to DQ players).:P

https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklyFantasticCrowBrainSlug

Edited by Marinealver

Retire, no.  I could see tweaking (once per round, or maybe Biggs only protects one specific ship). 

But when you do that, there are a few other things to tweak down too, or else you need to boost Rebels with something else.

I feel like I'm the only one who's never really had an issue with Biggs. Yeah, he's strong, but I don't seem him all that often - especially compared to other highly ranked pilots - and when I do, he's usually nuked down in a turn or two.
Now, honestly, that could be because I tend to play hyper aggressive builds, but I've never honestly seen huge issues with him.

1 hour ago, Sanguinary Dan said:

Seriously. Losing him would probably be the best thing to happen to the Rebel design space since, well, ever.

Wrong. The only thing Biggs limits in "Rebel design space" is what you can do to the X-Wing. However losing Biggs would make most of those Ag 1-2 small ships nearly unplayable. All that Rebels would be left with are turrets. lots and lots of turrets. 

The design team has said in multiple public forums that Biggs is the problem, because his ability is so warping that he drives all their fundamental decisions in the Rebel design space. This is not about git gud.

EDIT: this point above about this being T65 only isn't quite right - it's only true if Bigg's wingmen are only other X-wings.

Edited by sozin

13 hours ago, Marinealver said:

Not a nerf thread? There is no higher nerf than a ban? You just nerfing bad at X-wing.

Now if you want a ban. Ban Atanni-mindlink. I give you the following reason (Since FFG doesn't want to DQ players).

https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklyFantasticCrowBrainSlug

Nerf a card because a cheater used that combo? Well, I guess it's time to retire every list ever. Somebody's cheated using it.

10 hours ago, sozin said:

The design team has said in multiple public forums that Biggs is the problem, because his ability is so warping that he drives all their fundamental decisions in the Rebel design space. This is not about git gud.

EDIT: this point above about this being T65 only isn't quite right - it's only true if Bigg's wingmen are only other X-wings.

The problem now, then, is everything else would need a boost if Biggs got a nerd, because they were all designed with the knowledge that Biggs could be used so they had to account for it in limiting what the ships or pilots could do.

5 hours ago, ThalanirIII said:

Nerf a card because a cheater used that combo? Well, I guess it's time to retire every list ever. Somebody's cheated using it.

Sorry I forgot to use the :P

but it does make a better argument for banning one ship/pilot/upgrade than because "I lost to it";)

6 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

The problem now, then, is everything else would need a boost if Biggs got a nerd, because they were all designed with the knowledge that Biggs could be used so they had to account for it in limiting what the ships or pilots could do.

Bugger.  I completely forgot about that point.  After all how many design decisions where made because they had to factor in Biggs sucking up any shots aimed at that model.  

But it still shows Biggs having an oversized effect on the game.  Doesn't it? :huh:

Yes, Biggs is way more powerful than any other pilot, smuggler or force-user. Obviously the designers thought Star Wars was about Biggs Darklighter. 

But hey, they nerfed the Emperor after he took all those World Championships, maybe Biggs will take it tonight and he'll get the straight-jacket too.

1 hour ago, Sanguinary Dan said:

But it still shows Biggs having an oversized effect on the game.  Doesn't it? :huh:

I agree that he can have that effect, but he is beatable. I'm not sure where I stand on a Nerf.

I was merely pointing out the problem that ffg will have changing him, namely they need to play test a whole lot of other things and provide the changes to them as well.

At most, you should Errata Biggs. Not ban him. Banning doesn't solve anything(except cheaters, it fixes cheaters good!)

Change his ability to something like this,

"At the start of the Activation phase, choose another friendly ship in range 1-3. Enemy ships attempting to attack that ship must attack you instead if possible."

I don't mind that change actually.  It sort of accords with the 'decision' thing FFG are going for at the moment; i.e. players need to make decisions as to when to utilise abilities as opposed to have them as a crutch.  The above change would create an element of that for Biggs.