IG88E

Live cheating at worlds?

10 minutes ago, Larky Bobble said:

I wouldn´ t kick him out of the tourney, given the investment he probably made to be there, but it is a pretty poor decision to not to give the opponent the win.

What are you talking about?

Do you realise his cheated opponent also made investment to get there?

Sorry Cailais, but once you are caught cheating its not my problem to go easy. From a few friends yesterday there was another guy doing the same thing. If you dont punish them they will continue. If we are talking teenagers and younger I'd be fine with a slap on a wrist. However these are grown a** men, if you mess up a maneuver then man up and take the mistake even if you lose. Cheating is unacceptable.

Just now, Stay On The Leader said:

Didn't a German guy actually get flat-out banned for doing exactly this?  How can the same offense get you banned at store champs but only a warning at worlds?

The only case of FFG outright banning a player was from AGOT/Conquest. Keep in mind, there was also a fairly long list of accusations against this player as well. And I think in the case of the Conquest event, they didn't correct it till after the event. 

2 minutes ago, Stay On The Leader said:

Didn't a German guy actually get flat-out banned for doing exactly this?  How can the same offense get you banned at store champs but only a warning at worlds?

Yup, IIRC he was the first to enter the ban list for X-Wing.

1 minute ago, ThalanirIII said:

The game is new, streaming is new, considering everybody will know this guy cheats, the poor judgement is acceptable. They just need a procedure for it.

What if this had not been streamed? It would be word of mouth entirely and then a DQ is unacceptable.

The game is 5 years old, should there not be already procedures in place for FFGs premiere X-Wing event?

1 minute ago, ThalanirIII said:

The game is new, streaming is new, considering everybody will know this guy cheats, the poor judgement is acceptable. They just need a procedure for it.

What if this had not been streamed? It would be word of mouth entirely and then a DQ is unacceptable.

If it hadn't been streamed, then I would agree that a conservative ruling would have been better. But with video evidence at their disposal, it's a little iffy to not use a harsher punishment.

Just now, KnightHammer said:

The game is 5 years old, should there not be already procedures in place for FFGs premiere X-Wing event?

I;m sure there are, but not for streamed games. Because very few games are streamed by FFG it's entirely possible that they don't have a rule for cheating on stream thats different to cheating off stream.

8 minutes ago, Stay On The Leader said:

There were two guys who get banned. The one with the Decimator and the other one with the Vader dial

1 minute ago, eagletsi111 said:

Yes.   I do.    I'm from a time when if you cheated you got your arse kicked.     Plan and simple.      You learned quick don't cheat and you won't get beat!    Today's people feel they can do anything they want and get away with it, and it's because people are afraid to make a ruling because it might hurt some feelings.     Will FFG pay for the guy who got cheated hotels and travel, no.    So the guy who cheated got away with it and will do it again.      People need to be responsible for their actions.       This guy obviously cheated and got away with it,  he will do it again.            As far as I'm concerned this guy is scum and needs to be treated as such.

He already will be vilified. That's done. The punishment is done. All we can do is decide if the theme of x wing worlds 2017 is mostly about cheating or mostly about fling toy spaceships for fun.

37 minutes ago, Stay On The Leader said:

Should definitely be a little loss.  But FFG judges don't have the training to be  firm and would rather everyone just forgets about it and moves on.

The ruling should be auto-loss for the perpetrator, it's best for the game and both players.

34 minutes ago, Cailais said:

Hold on there, this shouldn't be a vigilante witch hunt. TO makes a decision and that's how it goes. We aren't physically there, we don't know what was being said between the players and have imperfect information.

Yeah, but video stills might trump TOs in a crazy tourney environment.

32 minutes ago, Stay On The Leader said:

Just FFG doing FFG things...

Let's hope they get their heads out of their collective butts; recent "design" decisions are quite questionable for game health. And you MUST punish with a loss because A) the one cheated should NEVER get a win, B) the looser gets whacked hard and it makes him think twice next-time, and C) the loss gives other players a more accepting view of the perpetrator, as he's been punished strictly.

It's never too late to correct the previous injustice.

.....if they don't....FFG will have failed everyone.

Edited by clanofwolves

1 minute ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

He already will be vilified. That's done. The punishment is done. All we can do is decide if the theme of x wing worlds 2017 is mostly about cheating or mostly about fling toy spaceships for fun.

Your so wrong.   He is not vilified, because he got away with it.   And after worlds and few months go by people will forget his name.         I feel sorry for this cheaters friends he plays X-wing with,  he cheats them all the time and gets away with it.    Lets face it when you are cheating at a game about flying plastic space ships, you are really a loser for sure.

2 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

False alternative.

It can be about both those things, also if cheating is problem I would prefer it to take spotlight till the problem will get solved.

Also for his opponent fact that he will be villified is not so good because he still suffered defeat.