IG88E

Live cheating at worlds?

I could see the ruling if it didn't have any impact. But, I feel sorry for the guy who was playing against. If he bumps his hawk instead of changing the dial. No focus are passed to the jumps. Which they used to fire torps and kill the awing, now next turn wedge is range 1 of the hawk, bumped against the jump, so only taking a range 2 shot from a jump, instead of taking a range 2 from the hawk, range 1 from jump and range 2 from the other jump.  He could have swarm leader to destroy him. It's obvious that the dial change affected the outcome completely.

Personally I think he got screwed by this and deserves a win for sure.   But FFG has no guts I guess.

Edited by eagletsi111

1 minute ago, emperorscanaries said:

This is ridiculous. A warning? His opponent might have won if he didnt cheat. He's got a loss now. MINIMUM should be a round loss and a 100-0 win for his opponent.

Yea, he should definately lose the match. The move he ended up doing, a 2 bank right, is not the move chosen here.

Yg73Pcz.png

4 minutes ago, MegaSilver said:

Someone shared the clip on Nova FB. He picks up the dial while hos opponent is moving their ships (which is already a no-no) then proceedsto thumb the dial to a new move and put it back down on the table and reveal it. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklyFantasticCrowBrainSlug

Yeah, not easy to justify that kind of movement. 

2 minutes ago, FellowPT said:

Which twitch channel is xwing being broadcast on?

2 minutes ago, FellowPT said:

Which twitch channel is xwing being broadcast on?

Gold squadron on twitch

Edited by LouisCypher
ninj'd

1 minute ago, eagletsi111 said:

Well its our job to post it everywhere facebook, reddit, tweets excetra,   that Parker Guidry is a Cheater, because FFG doesn't have the guts.       

Hold on there, this shouldn't be a vigilante witch hunt. TO makes a decision and that's how it goes. We aren't physically there, we don't know what was being said between the players and have imperfect information.

Just now, eagletsi111 said:

Well in my martial arts tournament,  when someone blatantly cheated, used a heel hook, eye gauge some other illegal move.    the other fighters would  get him in the ring and kick his Arse!    Never did it again after that.   Perhaps players have to take this into their own hands

Well, first off this isn't a martial arts comp - these are plastic spaceships.

Second, do we want tournaments developing from plastic spaceships into impromptu martial arts contests?!

Let's just keep some perspective. We have TOs specifically because leaving players to take matters into their own hands always ends badly.

Everyone needs to email FFG and let them know that this is not the type of rulings that we want as a community. We want to keep the cheaters out, not give them a pass. Are they actually saying that they are fine with someone changing a dial during the streamed finals. Just a warning for that?

Ffg have made a big mistake, the guy will be forever know as a cheat, if he had at least got a loss, most people would probably say that's fair and moved on. I don't know the guy but I would give him the benefit of the doubt and say it was a moment of stupidity