Sign in to follow this  
UniversalHead

My map of Grunewald Lodge

Here's a first stab at a map for Grunewald Lodge from 'Eye for an Eye'. I interpreted the area around the courtyard as a covered walkway. I also changed the first floor a little as I didn't like how the main staircase came up right in the middle of the servant's quarters, I wanted a link to the kitchen etc. Have a look - suggestions very welcome! javascript:void(0);/*1264663962661*/

Perhaps a small point, but probably an important one. It describes the Chaos Temple as having 3 passages from it (presumably meaning the 3 secrect entrances). This is important becuase if you only have 1 and the PCs interupt the ritual, the cultists cannot escape to the roof (which you may well want, granted).

They probably would still be throwing chamber pots over the walls. The WCs would be little more than a wooden floor closet with a hole in the top, and a pot inside. The servants would then empty the pots. Even medieval castles had rooms like this, though they usually opened onto a 'long drop' over the walls - I was in the UK a few months ago and saw a few!

excellent map by they way. pretty close to the one I made.

What program did you use to make your map?  and can I download it for free somewhere?

Anyone else have recommendations for free software that is good for making simple to medium maps?

Good gaming

UniversalHead said:

Made by hand in Adobe Illustrator (I'm a professional graphic designer). 

Nice, It looked very professional. I hope you can do more maps in the future. My map although drawn by hand, resembles yours, including the cellar. I think we both did a good interpretation of the text.

Good game

UniversalHead said:

Here's a first stab at a map for Grunewald Lodge from 'Eye for an Eye'. I interpreted the area around the courtyard as a covered walkway. I also changed the first floor a little as I didn't like how the main staircase came up right in the middle of the servant's quarters, I wanted a link to the kitchen etc. Have a look - suggestions very welcome! javascript:void(0);/*1264663962661*/

The amazing map made by Universal head is a GM map, with secrets stuffs inside. Thanks again, M. Head.

That's not a lot, but here the same map for players, without secrets

willmanx said:

UniversalHead said:

The amazing map made by Universal head is a GM map, with secrets stuffs inside. Thanks again, M. Head.

That's not a lot, but here the same map for players, without secrets

My link is dead. I'll reupload it soon.

UH - I LOVE the many reference sheets you've made and have used them for many different games.

FWIW, I ended up coming to some slightly different conclusions about the manor layout, because I wanted to use the entire manor structure as shown in the map.

The northern hall I assumed was the entrance to the manor and the Great Hall.  The western structure I assumed was the Kitchen (with a small hallway leading through it).  The southern hall was the Gallery.  In the main, eastern wing, ground floor I had from bottom to top: the library, study, and sitting room.

The temple was more or less directly below the interior courtyard.