dianaversace1

counting the days for arrival of Uthuk Y'llan & Blood Sisters :)

I love everything about Runewars. The board game and its card game Rune age and now the miniature game.

I can not wait to build my Uthuk Y'llan army including exclusive tray of Blood Sisters !

Do you think Uthuk Y'llan army will be a conservative style of offensive army ? I mean Slow start but as game drags on they become stronger 

Uthuk Y'llan will be a welcoming faction for the miniature game. 

Although I LOVE to see one day the Orcs and Rush style army make it to this game. Oh and the Dwarves and their artillery might ! :)

Ok, sorry getting carried away :o

Diana

My initial guess was that the Uthuk would be the rush-down army. They would take damage and get some bonuses, but if the game dragged on too long, they'd wipe themselves out. But I could see it your way, as well, where they actually get stronger as the battle winds to its end.

I don't think we'll see the Blood Sisters early on, though it would be fantastic if they came out sooner, rather than later. I wonder if we'll get a Blood Sister model in the Infantry Command expansion as the magic-wielder. Then again, maybe they'll save Blood Sisters for a later unit and use Bloodwitches and Bonewitches (from the lore guide) as the magic infantry upgrade. Either way, it's going to be great!

I'm guessing we'll get an update on the Waiqar expansions this Friday or Monday then hopefully the Uthuk announcement the following week. I really hope they arrive alongside the Elves with more units for all factions.

I also hope the Orcs and Dwarves come too, I think 6 armies would be interesting and varied while still manageable for balance.

Six factions would be awsome. For casual gaming as well as tournament play. My group loves this miniature game.

The quality of components, the style (dial counter) and the price makes it affordable compare to other miniature games out there.

i am looking forward to purchase Neutral units (hopefully to be published in a box). 

Would you not prefer to enhance your army by adding group of Neutrals as mercenary unit as oppose to more factions ? or perhaps both ?

I like all 6 races and Neutrals.  I want to have a tray of Beastmen (Neutrals from Runewars board game) being led by Mountain Giant on my left flank). the neutrals should be strong in defense (not as good as Dwarves) but every turn they have to roll a Loyalty dice. On a result 3-6 nothing happens. result of 2 they do not move and on a roll of 1 # of them run away. so there is a risk factor but when in combat they fight very hard.

you can even have an option of adding a row of neutrals in the front/rear of your infantry to boost up the offense and modifiers.

rambling... i am just going by my house rule thing for neutrals... Frida

While I like neutral mercenary units I worry that they may become a meta and make listbuilding between factions similar. I'd much rather see the factions each develop their own strength and weaknesses rather than filling the weaknesses out with neutrals.

Edited by Muz333

14 hours ago, Muz333 said:

While I like neutral mercenary units I worry that they may become a meta and make listbuilding between factions similar. I'd much rather see the factions each develop their own strength and weaknesses rather than filling the weaknesses out with neutrals.

I also dislike neutrals for this exact reason, they make things much more samey.

Okay, what about this. It's a crazy idea and I can't say that I've heard of it before, but what if neutrals have different unit cards or upgrades for each army. That way you may have the same models, but they do slightly different things to play to the strengths of the different armies.

One way you could do this is have a single unit card, but several upgrades that have faction symbols in the bottom-left corner. Under the title of the upgrade it could say, for example, "Razorwings only" or "Beastmen only." This let's us see neutral units without completely destroying army variety.

I would prefer they don't release neutrals, but if they do, this may be an innovative way to do it.

2 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

Okay, what about this. It's a crazy idea and I can't say that I've heard of it before, but what if neutrals have different unit cards or upgrades for each army. That way you may have the same models, but they do slightly different things to play to the strengths of the different armies.

That is pure gold.

8 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

One way you could do this is have a single unit card, but several upgrades that have faction symbols in the bottom-left corner. Under the title of the upgrade it could say, for example, "Razorwings only" or "Beastmen only." This let's us see neutral units without completely destroying army variety.

I would prefer they don't release neutrals, but if they do, this may be an innovative way to do it.

A great idea. Another alternative would be, if they can handle the balancing, to just flesh out neutrals into a full blown 'wild' or 'mercenary' faction.

So you would have your blocks of Beastmen and Razorwings along side some Mountain Giant or Dragon siege units and some sort of Beastman hero.

Although I would definitely prefer he Orcs and Dwarves to come out first and if they were to expand above 6 factions I'd still prefer some of the other factions from the lore.

Another alternative would be to have a neutral unit as an objective or dangerous terrain piece. For example the first person to take out the Dragon or Razorwing caverns is rewarded X amount of points.