Darha

Beneath sand french spoiler

i did not say it was an infinite combo, but it's worth several more uses over the course of a couple turns since it's not limit 1 per character, and it's a bit easier to use than some other things since the cloak itself will exhaust Arwen instead of needing to be able to quest, have a target to defend/attack, etc.

Edited by dr00

19 hours ago, John Constantine said:

Spare Hood and Cloak exhausts when you use it.

18 hours ago, dr00 said:

i did not say it was an infinite combo, but it's worth several more uses over the course of a couple turns since it's not limit 1 per character, and it's a bit easier to use than some other things since the cloak itself will exhaust Arwen instead of needing to be able to quest, have a target to defend/attack, etc.

Yeah Arwen ally is one of the few ways to make Spare Hood actually good. If you have two in play you can just swap them back and forth between Awren and some other character every round. You get an extra defense from Arwen without the loss of any actions. Doesn't seem like much, but it can enable some pretty bonkers stuff with the Vigilant Dunadan. 

4 hours ago, Seastan said:

Yeah Arwen ally is one of the few ways to make Spare Hood actually good. If you have two in play you can just swap them back and forth between Awren and some other character every round. You get an extra defense from Arwen without the loss of any actions. Doesn't seem like much, but it can enable some pretty bonkers stuff with the Vigilant Dunadan. 

yeah exactly, and like i said, the really cool thing is it forces an exhaust on Arwen, so if you have all those other readying effects for her, the cloak is a good way to exhaust her again and ping her ability

In fact it is not available in France. It have been translated and was ready to be sell when someone see that is not permitted. Not until FFG published the english version in the first place. But some packs seem to pass though the stormshit ^^.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 5:49 PM, Seastan said:

I hadn't realized this combo before - no surprise - but by a strict reading of the cards it doesn't appear that there is a limit to the number of times that Arwen can trigger or target a character per turn.  In other words, using SH&C with Arwen (ally) and Tactics Boromir you can essentially trade threat for defense if you wanted to.  Is that right?

Edited by Bullroarer Took

6 minutes ago, Bullroarer Took said:

I hadn't realized this combo before - no surprise - but by a strict reading of the cards it doesn't appear that there is a limit to the number of times that Arwen can trigger or target a character per turn.  In other words, using SH&C with Arwen (ally) and Tactics Boromir you can essentially trade threat for defense if you wanted to.  Is that right?

Sure. You can also use it to trade cards for defense with Watcher on the Brunien, but that's much less ideal. 

There is indeed no limit to Ally Arwen's ability if you can find multiple ways to exhaust and ready her every round. You can give Sentinel to several characters with her and play Hold Your Ground! to ready everyone if you are in Valour threat. Also, if you find a way to exhaust her in the Planning phase, you can sneak a Raven-winged Helm or The Day's Rising on someone that isn't normally Sentinel. It's a shame her hero version is so good too.

4 hours ago, Bullroarer Took said:

No you can't. Spare hood and cloack can only be used once per turn because it exhaust when use.

48 minutes ago, Rouxxor said:

No you can't. Spare hood and cloack can only be used once per turn because it exhaust when use.

But I guess the question is when you pass it to the new hero does it get re-readied?  If not, and there is no reason to believe is does ready, then you are right.

15 hours ago, Bullroarer Took said:

But I guess the question is when you pass it to the new hero does it get re-readied?  If not, and there is no reason to believe is does ready, then you are right.

Spare Hook and Cloak readies during the refresh phase with everything else, and that's currently the only way it can ready.

but it still does ready/exhaust Arwen several times per turn as you swap your copies around, up to 3 times per turn (which is actually a lot, considering you only really get on guaranteed exhaust before the combat phase when you quest with her).  you can defend with her in the combat phase and have to exhaust her through some quest effects that may pop up, but those aren't in every quest or indeed, even every round of those quests where they will pop up.