Darha

Beneath sand french spoiler

Those are some quality photos! were those take with a potato? Seriously tho, thanks for the spoilers

Hirgon looks great as far as my French goes:

When Hirgon quests successfully play a tactics ally from your hand, reducing it's cost by 1. Then, you my increase your threat level by 1 to give this ally  +1att & +1def until the end of the round.

I like him!

Edited by Noccus

No neutral card? And only one (non-hero) Tactics?

Edit: Oh yeah, those were The Free Peoples and Keep Watch, which were already spoiled. But the Rider of Rohan and Dunedain Lookout were also already spoiled so since they were posted here I assumed this would be everything.

Also, between rusty French and familiarity with the game I think I can follow what all these cards do. They all look pretty cool.

Edited by PocketWraith

Approximate translations:

Leadership attachment, Haradrim Spear (or something like that):
Attach to a Hard character. Restricted.
Attached character gets +1 attack.
Response: After attached character is declared as an attacker, it gets +3 attack for this attack. Then discard Haradrim Spear.

Leadership event, no idea of title:
Play only if you control a unique character with the Warrior trait and another unique character with the Scout trait.
Response: After the players commit characters to the quest, discard a non-unique enemy in the staging area. Then, reveal an encounter card.

The Red Arrow:
Artifact. Item.
Limit 1 per deck. Attach to a Gondor hero.
Attached hero gets +1 willpower.
Valour Response: After attached hero quests successfully, add The Red Arrow to the victory display to search the top 5 cards of your deck for an ally and put it into play.

Spirit attachment (not sure of title):
Song.
Attach to a Hobbit hero. Limit one per hero.
Attached hero gets +1 willpower for each Song attached.

Lore attachment is Valiant Warrior for Rangers, Spirit and Lore allies were spoiled already.
Edited by PocketWraith

Yes! Hirgon and the Red Arrow finally! And they seem very cool. Resource acceleration, slight willpower boost and card fetch in Tactics? Count me in for sure. Not only that, but Hirgon is one of my favorite tertiary characters from Lotr. Can't wait to build around him. 

Edited by Gizlivadi

32 minutes ago, PocketWraith said:

Approximate translations:

Leadership attachment, Haradrim Spear (or something like that):
Attach to a Hard character. Restricted.
Response: After attached character is declared as an attacker, it gets +3 attack for this attack. Then discard Haradrim Spear.

Leadership event, no idea of title:
Play only if you control a unique character with the Warrior trait and another unique character with the Scout trait.
Response: After the players commit characters to the quest, discard a non-unique enemy in the staging area. Then, reveal an encounter card.

The Red Arrow:
Artifact. Item.
Limit 1 per deck. Attach to a Gondor hero.
Attached hero gets +1 willpower.
Valour Response: After attached hero quests successfully, add The Red Arrow to the victory display to search the top 5 cards of your deck for an ally and put it into play.

Spirit attachment (not sure of title):
Song.
Attach to a Hobbit hero. Limit one per hero.
Attached hero gets +1 willpower for each Song attached.

Lore attachment is Valiant Warrior for Rangers, Spirit and Lore allies were spoiled already.

Forgot to mention the Spear gives a passive +1 attack. As for the names, the Leadership event was spoiled as Hunting Party, whereas the Spirit event would mean something like "Songs at the Fireplace".

1 minute ago, Gizlivadi said:

Forgot to mention the Spear gives a passive +1 attack.

...I could've sworn I put that, but I guess I forgot it while going from looking at the card to typing out the translation. I'll edit it in.

The flavour text for the song is from Bilbo's song in Rivendell the evening before the Fellowship set out, after giving Frodo Sting and the mithril coat:

I sit beside the fire and think
of how the world will be
when winter comes without a spring
that I shall ever see.

Its title could be Fireside Song. I'm delighted with it for my thematic campaign, especially for the Land of Shadow/Mountain of Fire Frodo and Sam quests where I want minimal allies. The Black Serpent contains Song of Hope, a 0 cost Leadership song that can combo with Fireside Song, as well as Burst into Song, which readies all heroes with a Song attachment. A non-degenerate song deck with Love of Tales (although you'd want Song of Wisdom relatively early if you're not mono-Lore, to allow you to play more copies of Love of Tales), Fireside Song,  and Burst into Song looks like a fun and perhaps decently strong possibility.

1 hour ago, Bullroarer Took said:

Hirgon's boost is until the end of the round (or phase) surely?

1 hour ago, dalestephenson said:

"fin de tour" has got to be end of round.  An attack/defense boost until the end of phase in questing would very very rarely be worth a threat increase.

True, it's end of the round. My bad. I somehow read "fin du jeu". I'll edit it in too.

Edit: ah, I see what I did there; I messed up while also reading Red Arrow. <_<

Edited by Noccus

Oh well ! An attachment which give ranger trait ! Hum how can i abused that !

Oh yes with Wingfoot and Eleanor or how to just ignore all when revealed effect of treachery card ... Wait ! With Spirit Merry or how can i send two willpoint to quest and decrease ly threat for all ennemy revealed ... :lol:

Red Arrow is my favorite, 1 resource for 1 willpower, discard for free (if in top cards) ally.  With Steward of Gondor there's no shortage of Gondor heroes, but even without that there's three native Gondorians in tactics who can easily be part of successful questing (for the ally effect) -- Mablung, Imrahil, the brand-new Hirgon, and Boromir.  With Red Arrow and TaTheoden, TaBoromir could quest for 3 and ready if necessary for combat.

I've gone partway through the saga pairing a Dori deck with a Caldara deck, with this card I could hypothetically discard Caldara in turn one (after successfully questing) for four spirit allies.  (Emery & Sword-Thain in Caldara's opening hand, Imrahil in top 5 cards of the deck, Red Arrow in Dori deck's opening hand).

It's been a while for me since I was so excited for a new Tactics hero. I mean, Imrahil is probably the most interesting one to come as of late, but I haven't really thought about building with him until I saw this hero. I don't know why, but I really want to build a deck with those two.

Ally Arwen with Sword-thain, that new Ranger attachment, 2 Ranger Bows, and 2 Unexpected Courage. Every round 2 wp on quest, 2 direct damage, and +3 defense/+3 sentinel characters. Probably not worth the setup, but she will do so much!

21 hours ago, Gizlivadi said:

It's been a while for me since I was so excited for a new Tactics hero. I mean, Imrahil is probably the most interesting one to come as of late, but I haven't really thought about building with him until I saw this hero. I don't know why, but I really want to build a deck with those two.

Imrahil is so much fun and so good. You really need to give him a try. 

On 04/05/2017 at 6:36 AM, donkler said:

Ally Arwen with Sword-thain, that new Ranger attachment, 2 Ranger Bows, and 2 Unexpected Courage. Every round 2 wp on quest, 2 direct damage, and +3 defense/+3 sentinel characters. Probably not worth the setup, but she will do so much!

No noeed of the ranger bows you can block directly with Arwen and always give to her the +1 boost. It seem more powerful to me this way ;).

Like 13nrv says it work well with Eleanor and Merry. At least with 4 players table, because with only one or two players this won't work a lot. But it seem cool but not overpowered to replace every treachery you want with a 3-cards combo. When you play Eleanor there is numerous time when you don't want to use her ability. It is clearly powerful enough to build around but not too much so we don't we need an errata.

On 04/05/2017 at 4:36 PM, donkler said:

don't forget the Spare Hook and Cloaks!  just keep swapping them around and readying/exhausting Arwen to keep applying her boost (since it only requires that she exhausts)

i really like the song attachment, and i'm glad songs are getting more support.  the Love of Tales errata was desperately needed, but thankfully songs aren't going anywhere.

i also love the Haradrim Spear.  it's a more expensive Vassal of the Windlord that gives you a consistent +1 atk until you need a big hit for that turn to close out a kill.  2 for 1 attack isn't great, and 2 for a one-time attack of +3 isn't great either, but it's really versatile.  plus more weapon attachments outside of Tactics is always welcome.