FrogTrigger

Golem, Hawthorne and Spearman preview

31 minutes ago, FrogTrigger said:

Dang I should have copied all the pics I guess, they took the article down for whatever reason and put up a Destiny rules re write article.

Quick - check your browsers cache!

I'm liking the look of Triumphant Cry. That wasn't previously spoiled was it? At first glance I thought it would take a particularly offensive build to make it work, then I realized that the unit equipped with Triumphant Cry does not need to be the one to defeat the engaged enemy, so you could put this on a defensive tarpit unit and it can reform to move to the next target after your other units defeat the unit it is engaged with.

rwm07_card_triumphant-cry.png

4 minutes ago, Budgernaut said:

I'm liking the look of Triumphant Cry. That wasn't previously spoiled was it? At first glance I thought it would take a particularly offensive build to make it work, then I realized that the unit equipped with Triumphant Cry does not need to be the one to defeat the engaged enemy, so you could put this on a defensive tarpit unit and it can reform to move to the next target after your other units defeat the unit it is engaged with.

Also nice for a big deadly spearmen unit with Rune Golem and/or Citadel Arms master, this way if an opponent throws chaff in its way to slow it down at least you get to reform towards your next target. Also if you can an enemy in front and on the flank, if you destroy the one on flank you can immediately reform so that next turn you benefit from ranks and the enemy doesn't get the bonus.

It competes with the very nice, generally useful Marching Cornicen for cheap movement utility.

Hawthorne does make for interesting choices in the game once he's released. Does he replace Kari? Do we run both heroes in our Daqan lists? How often will Waiqar cry with Hawthrone giving free candy to his soldiers? How powerful will that passive be?

In fact, I'm quite interested in his passive. Right now, the following unit sizes can potentially use it: Oathsworn Cavalry (trays 2 and 6), Spearmen (trays 2 and 6), and Golems (trays 2 and 6). The 6 tray units of the Cavalry and Spearmen seem the most likely units. I suppose I could see a few players using with the 2 tray unit of golems if they really really want the rerolls.

2 minutes ago, Kubernes said:

Hawthorne does make for interesting choices in the game once he's released. Does he replace Kari? Do we run both heroes in our Daqan lists? How often will Waiqar cry with Hawthrone giving free candy to his soldiers? How powerful will that passive be?

In fact, I'm quite interested in his passive. Right now, the following unit sizes can potentially use it: Oathsworn Cavalry (trays 2 and 6), Spearmen (trays 2 and 6), and Golems (trays 2 and 6). The 6 tray units of the Cavalry and Spearmen seem the most likely units. I suppose I could see a few players using with the 2 tray unit of golems if they really really want the rerolls.

Why wouldn't the other size units be able to use it? As far as I can tell, only 9-tray units don't get to use it.

I'm super excited to start throwing 4x1s of Spearmen, Oathsworn, or Rune Golems. Threat 4 is no joke, and being able to get it for cheap (or at all) is huge.

35 minutes ago, playnwin said:

Why wouldn't the other size units be able to use it? As far as I can tell, only 9-tray units don't get to use it.

I'm super excited to start throwing 4x1s of Spearmen, Oathsworn, or Rune Golems. Threat 4 is no joke, and being able to get it for cheap (or at all) is huge.

Spearmen 4x1s would be cheap but I think I might rather use the 2x2 for the Oathsworm, if just for the reroll when paired with moment of inspiration. Not sure about the golems though as most of the units I've used with them are generally small. Till the expansion.

45 minutes ago, Hos said:

seems a bit like Warcraft 3 - not that there is anything wrong with that.

The sculpts of these models totally remind me of Warcraft units.  Part of the reason I like them so much.  Spent a lot of hours exploding sheep back around the turn of the century....