Jump to content
MajorJuggler

2017 Worlds Results

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, heychadwick said:

What happened to the Firespray list?  I knew it did well in the first day, but then no one talked about it.  

Any other interesting lists that did better than expected?  I like to hear about the odd stuff. 

Thug lyfe and diet palp aces (Omega Leader+ Pure Sabaac+ omicron group pilot)made top 32. (22 and 24th respectively)

Crack swarm made 50th.

Rebel swarm made 62nd. It's a very interesting generic list:

Bandit Squadron Pilot + XX-23 S-Thread Tracers + Guidance Chips
Bandit Squadron Pilot + XX-23 S-Thread Tracers + Guidance Chips
Blue Squadron Pilot + Fire-Control System
Blue Squadron Pilot + Fire-Control System
Gold Squadron Pilot + BTL-A4 Y-Wing + R3-A2 + Twin Laser Turret

 

I want to call this Ren aces, but that's not true, because he's backed up by generic pilots.(63rd):

Delta Squadron Pilot + TIE/x7 + Twin Ion Engine Mk. II
Delta Squadron Pilot + TIE/x7 + Twin Ion Engine Mk. II
Kylo Ren + Swarm Leader + Fire-Control System + Rebel Captive

Other than that, it's allot of repeats so far. No A-wings, TIE interceptors, TIE Punishers, U-wings,Starvipers,G1As,HWK-290s or TIE Advanced(regular, as in no Vader) have appeared so far. Also only 1 Falcon so far, and that was Rey+Expertise+Engine upgrade+Kanan+Finn. No title, which is very odd. I wonder how that list worked. It was accomponied by a lothal rebel with hera, chopper, and an FCS.

Also no T-65's outside everyones favorite stached' friend(Biggs), and No Poe's in sight for the T-70s. 

A handful of Echo's instead of Whispers in some RAC+ lists.

Brobots made it into 100th place.

(this is out of Sunday's bracket, or the top 128.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Mep said:

 

@Reiver It is a mess to change a number like cost since it is easy to forget when adding up the points. The simplest solution and one that would fix the ship is to remove the turret. It is very easy to remember and brings the ship inline with the likes of the U-Wing or the Epsilon, though it would still be better.

Oh, I completely agree. But removing the turret from a ship with the printed turret icon on its card and the turret rules in its expansion box... that's no better, either.

I used to be frustrated by how many duds FFG had a habit of releasing, but now we've got an example of something that was too cheap... I'm starting to have considerably more sympathy for the plight of the G1A and its ilk. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Mep said:

 

@Reiver It is a mess to change a number like cost since it is easy to forget when adding up the points. The simplest solution and one that would fix the ship is to remove the turret. It is very easy to remember and brings the ship inline with the likes of the U-Wing or the Epsilon, though it would still be better.

Oh, I completely agree. But removing the turret from a ship with the printed turret icon on its card and the turret rules in its expansion box... that's no better, either.

I used to be frustrated by how many duds FFG had a habit of releasing, but now we've got an example of something that was too cheap... I'm starting to have considerably more sympathy for the plight of the G1A and its ilk. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FlyingAnchors said:

Other than that, it's allot of repeats so far. No A-wings, TIE interceptors, TIE Punishers, U-wings,Starvipers,G1As,HWK-290s or TIE Advanced(regular, as in no Vader) have appeared so far.

Are you referencing Rebel HWKs specifically? Because a HWK was in the #1 overall list after swiss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FlyingAnchors said:

Thug lyfe and diet palp aces (Omega Leader+ Pure Sabaac+ omicron group pilot)made top 32. (22 and 24th respectively)

Crack swarm made 50th.

Rebel swarm made 62nd. It's a very interesting generic list:

Bandit Squadron Pilot + XX-23 S-Thread Tracers + Guidance Chips
Bandit Squadron Pilot + XX-23 S-Thread Tracers + Guidance Chips
Blue Squadron Pilot + Fire-Control System
Blue Squadron Pilot + Fire-Control System
Gold Squadron Pilot + BTL-A4 Y-Wing + R3-A2 + Twin Laser Turret

 

I want to call this Ren aces, but that's not true, because he's backed up by generic pilots.(63rd):

Delta Squadron Pilot + TIE/x7 + Twin Ion Engine Mk. II
Delta Squadron Pilot + TIE/x7 + Twin Ion Engine Mk. II
Kylo Ren + Swarm Leader + Fire-Control System + Rebel Captive

Other than that, it's allot of repeats so far. No A-wings, TIE interceptors, TIE Punishers, U-wings,Starvipers,G1As,HWK-290s or TIE Advanced(regular, as in no Vader) have appeared so far. Also only 1 Falcon so far, and that was Rey+Expertise+Engine upgrade+Kanan+Finn. No title, which is very odd. I wonder how that list worked. It was accomponied by a lothal rebel with hera, chopper, and an FCS.

Also no T-65's outside everyones favorite stached' friend(Biggs), and No Poe's in sight for the T-70s. 

A handful of Echo's instead of Whispers in some RAC+ lists.

Brobots made it into 100th place.

(this is out of Sunday's bracket, or the top 128.)

The Kylo list was me.  It's called "Knights of Ren" :).  Were I to go again I would drop Twin Ions and bring back shuttle title (what I ran at the system open).

Brobots was Phil Booth, best brobot player in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Kdubb said:

Are you referencing Rebel HWKs specifically? Because a HWK was in the #1 overall list after swiss.

 As many times as he has been a thorn in my side, I should not have forgotten Palob was a HWK pilot. :rolleyes:I thought he was a Y-wing pilot for some reason when I went through the list.

True no rebel hwks so far though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cdr said:

I honestly expected far more TLTs and stressbots.

I think the torpedo boats, and the Autothrusters on Teroch/Fenn, have driven them down.  This in turn allows Expertise Dengar a clear route to the final.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Reiver said:

Oh, I completely agree. But removing the turret from a ship with the printed turret icon on its card and the turret rules in its expansion box... that's no better, either.

I used to be frustrated by how many duds FFG had a habit of releasing, but now we've got an example of something that was too cheap... I'm starting to have considerably more sympathy for the plight of the G1A and its ilk. ;)

It's definitely a lot easier to make something bad then buff it with a title than it is to make something too good then nerf it down the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cdr said:

I honestly expected far more TLTs and stressbots.

Both aren't as good versus Attanni lists. Lots of defensive modification (multiple focus tokens and some Autothrusters) decrease TLTs accuracy and R3-A2 excells when it can take another ship out of the action game completely, which is just not going to happen with Attanni. It does restrict their movement well, so it makes sense to have shown up on higher placing lists, but it is significantly weaker than usually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FlyingAnchors said:

 As many times as he has been a thorn in my side, I should not have forgotten Palob was a HWK pilot. :rolleyes:I thought he was a Y-wing pilot for some reason when I went through the list.

True no rebel hwks so far though.

I made day 2 with Jan Ors HWK pilot and then promptly face planted (lost 2 straight badly).  WOOOO!  Had a blast though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chapperion said:

With his dual Firesprays, Julian Rincon Alcantara is the hero X-Wing needs. He flew his tail off.

Classy dude, too.  Kicked my butt in round 1, then gave me tips on how to fly better - only after asking first if I was open to such tips.  A+ guy.  I was glad to see him do well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SOTL said:

I think the torpedo boats, and the Autothrusters on Teroch/Fenn, have driven them down.  This in turn allows Expertise Dengar a clear route to the final.

So, if you're starting store champs and expect a lot of Attani, run Expertise Dengar.........is that what this means? I ask because I was thinking of an expertise Dengar/Asajj list before Worlds and got some flack but then look what won.....maybe I should try it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CubsFanSean23 said:

So, if you're starting store champs and expect a lot of Attani, run Expertise Dengar.........is that what this means? I ask because I was thinking of an expertise Dengar/Asajj list before Worlds and got some flack but then look what won.....maybe I should try it out.

It's a bit weirder than that, but Miranda with bombs, stress heavy lists, defenders being good, and the Palp nerf have driven off arc dodgers. They were the natural predator of alpha strike lists, so alpha strike reigns until things shift again. 

 

Asajj is good attanni defense, and Dengar can be a good alpha strike. Now is the time to give it a go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, AEIllingworth said:

It's a bit weirder than that, but Miranda with bombs, stress heavy lists, defenders being good, and the Palp nerf have driven off arc dodgers. They were the natural predator of alpha strike lists, so alpha strike reigns until things shift again. 

 

Asajj is good attanni defense, and Dengar can be a good alpha strike. Now is the time to give it a go. 

I was thinking the exact same thing. Asajj is one of my favorite pilots and Dengar is now a repeat World Champion!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jerva5483 said:

I made day 2 with Jan Ors HWK pilot and then promptly face planted (lost 2 straight badly).  WOOOO!  Had a blast though.

Jan Ors? AW yeah!!!

Would love to know what the rest of your list was.

23 hours ago, swimmingordy said:

The Kylo list was me.  It's called "Knights of Ren" :).  Were I to go again I would drop Twin Ions and bring back shuttle title (what I ran at the system open).

Brobots was Phil Booth, best brobot player in the world.

I like the knights of ren title allot. Also why would you go back to the title? Did Twin ions feel wasted?

Also Hat's off to Phil booth, making brobots still a respectable list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...