Sign in to follow this  
Vineheart01

Obsidian Rune Golem

As i have mentioned in numerous threads, i despise the "stock stone gray" color everyone always gives golems in any game, assuming theyre made of stone to begin with. Flat gray stone is one of many kinds of stone....so i went with obsidian

Obsidian is suppose to be a mostly black, shiny glasslike rock with a green hue. Unfortunately the purple runes kinda overpowered the faint green in the pictures, the black IRL does look greenish which is what i wanted: a slight green that looks black until you are observing it for more than a glance.

g9qwcre.jpg

ESWDAyT.jpg

It feels good to be painting again....

Photo isnt the greatest since i just moved and dont have a proper lighting setup yet. Also, phone ftl...

Edited by Vineheart01

Looks awesome! It took me a while to figure out why I like the back better than the front. Your chiseled obsidian looks fantastic! But the rune engravings cast a glow/bloom from dark recesses, rather than bright ones. How do you think it would look if you went with very thin, purplish white in the chest and face cracks? Might make the glow stand out like it's emanating from within, rather than splashed on the surface.

That said, I'm a complete amateur, and I don't know how that kind of bright color would look on such a dark figure.

On 4/29/2017 at 10:38 PM, Parakitor said:

How do you think it would look if you went with very thin, purplish white in the chest and face cracks?

So i got this thing sitting infront of me while i paint the calvary and it just started to drive me nuts seeing something i could do to improve it. Had to give it a go...and it looks much better now lol

iNkAjyF.jpg

I would have liked to have put an even brighter, almost white, bit on the runes directly but i dont trust my shaky hands to put that little bit.

edit: also i really need to figure out how to get the images off my phone other than imgur, since for some reason the mobile app doesnt let me scale the pics down so they arent enormous. 
I'd post a far away shot, but the dim lighting in my apartment make it almost disappear at about 3ft away lol.

When i get the rest of my Daqans painted i'll post army pics, atm i just got a calvary painted (that was....irritating to paint in this scheme lol...). I just wanted to post this golem because he basically decided my army colors for me by whatever matched up with the obsidian well lol.

Edited by Vineheart01